Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

confessions

Started by lithium royalty, Jan 19, 2006, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

law

Come over to England and I'll show you how to rock out.

lithium royalty

you wanna rock out with your cock out?
stiffler style?

oooh its on like donkey kong hittin a bong with cheech and chong!

law

Dude I'll take you to my local rock club and you can rock out for ours with your cock out...hehe

Mazzy

Quote from: "ToneDef"
I still totally disagree. Again, I can't be fucked with a whole meat argument, but its is 100% nature. We as humans are made to eat meat. It's the cycle of life.

I've always seen Vegans and such as basically going against nature, and if you continue to do that then I think there will eventually be consequences. I'm not having a go at you for what you believe in, I just personally think it's bullshit.

The only thing I see wrong with meat eating is the way it's presentation has evolved. From us hunting other animals to survive, it's become paying money to have it handed over a counter in neat packaging, or to have it brought out to us on a plate. That's just typical of how the world changes though.

Meat ain't murder, it's life.

It isn't the cycle of life and all the vegans and vegetarians around the world is proof. We, as humans, are not made to eat meat. We have a bigger purpose when it comes to the food aspect. Animals are not ours to eat. They have their own life, their own families, their own emotional environment and should have the right to not be seen as simply a meal. Instead of the veg's going against nature, we're actually preserving it. If you think meat just regards to cows, pigs, sheep etc, then you're wrong. You got people going as far as killing elephants, whales, penguins and saying it's for food purpose. These animals, especially the elephants, are on the brink of extinction. Is this what nature intended?

Most of the meat sold in the UK comes from Factory Farming. But then again you wouldn't give a shit about what happens to the animals there as long as you get your meal "handed over a counter in neat packaging." I don't mean to sound like I'm being mean but I have heard all these arguments before and you're really saying nothing new to me. I just don't think you can justify your food choice, no matter what you say. And even if you did, you would be seeking out a more humane way of purchasing meat, like organic farming where the animals are treated humanely and not given/being injected with chemicals and hormones like they are in Factory Farms and slaugterhouses, which like I said, supplies 98% of the meat to the world because it's cheaper.

ToneDef

Quote from: "Mazzy"Most of the meat sold in the UK comes from Factory Farming. But then again you wouldn't give a shit about what happens to the animals there as long as you get your meal "handed over a counter in neat packaging." I don't mean to sound like I'm being mean but I have heard all these arguments before and you're really saying nothing new to me. I just don't think you can justify your food choice, no matter what you say. And even if you did, you would be seeking out a more humane way of purchasing meat, like organic farming where the animals are treated humanely and not given/being injected with chemicals and hormones like they are in Factory Farms and slaugterhouses, which like I said, supplies 98% of the meat to the world because it's cheaper.

Last time I'm gonna talk about this.

Good job immediately assuming I'm some kind of evil prick who sits on my roof with a rifle shooting any kind of animal I see in the hope of being able to eat it. I'm not an idiot. I know how much meat over here comes from factory farming. I don't agree with that at all, but then you obviously didn't read my shit very well because you obviously just assumed I'm sitting here smearing KFC all over my face.
Now if you did read my words properly, you would have noticed I said that the way meat is 'handed over the counter in neat packaging' was something I found wrong.

Look, it's right here..

Quote from: "ToneDef"The only thing I see wrong with meat eating is the way it's presentation has evolved. From us hunting other animals to survive, it's become paying money to have it handed over a counter in neat packaging

Have you ever stopped to think why you've heard all these arguments before? People don't just shout things out without reason. You've heard them so many times because they're so damn valid. That's why I'm 'saying nothing new' to you. I don't have to. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

My whole tiny argument all this time has NOT been about the way animals are treated. I am simply saying it's fucking nature to eat meat. It infuriates me when people like you look at people like me as evil when I'm doing absolutely nothing morally wrong. I am simply a consumer. If you wanna argue about the way animals are treated to meet consumer demand then I'll try and arrange a sit down between you and Ronald McDonald.

I have no problems with vegans and all that shit, personally. That's their choice. But when they start lecturing me on whats right and wrong when they're the ones trying to go against the norm, well they can just fuck off.

I just simply fucking believe that humans are meant to eat meat. I believe it's nature. You can argue my shit all you want, but my views are not going to change.

law

Quote from: "Mazzy"
You got people going as far as killing elephants, whales, penguins and saying it's for food purpose. These animals, especially the elephants, are on the brink of extinction. Is this what nature intended?

that wasn't the result of me going down to the shops buying a pork chop though was it? c'mon don't shift the blame of sick arseholes who kill those poor animals onto us, it is natural for us to eat meat anyway pal.

manic_bastard

Quote from: "ToneDef"It infuriates me when people like you look at people like me as evil when I'm doing absolutely nothing morally wrong. I am simply a consumer. If you wanna argue about the way animals are treated to meet consumer demand then I'll try and arrange a sit down between you and Ronald McDonald.

I have no problems with vegans and all that shit, personally. That's their choice. But when they start lecturing me on whats right and wrong when they're the ones trying to go against the norm, well they can just fuck off.

I just simply fucking believe that humans are meant to eat meat. I believe it's nature. You can argue my shit all you want, but my views are not going to change.

right on. thats exactly how i feel.

i think it's pretty fucking stupid how people are just assholes to each other about stuff like this. respect everyone's choices.

tarkil

Yeah Tonedef, once again, you're the man...  8)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Mazzy

Quote from: "ToneDef"It infuriates me when people like you look at people like me as evil when I'm doing absolutely nothing morally wrong. I am simply a consumer. If you wanna argue about the way animals are treated to meet consumer demand then I'll try and arrange a sit down between you and Ronald McDonald.

I'm not looking at you as evil but I'm assuming cause you've said nothing about where you buy your meat, you are supporting the industry, which treats millions and millions of animals like rubbish. That's what sickens me about consumers. They don't look to see what their eating comes from. I wasn't lecturing you. I just stated my opinion and you went on about it being nature when countless people have come out and said it isn't. It isn't a natural process in which these animals are being murdered. You can eat all the meat you want. I can't change the world and I don't want to, I've said before that it got to the point where I wasn't even telling people I was vegan anymore. I just have a jerky reaction to people who say it's natural to eat meat. I have grown up with that assumption also and I quickly discovered it's not all just black and white.

I don't think you'll budge and I certainly won't. I've been to so many factory farms and slaughterhouses and I've seen things you can't even imagine. This is where all my anger comes from. I hope you understand that. I just hope you're not calling it a natural process to make it seem ok about the way animals are treated. No one sees head to head about this, that's why those conflicting opinions reveal themselves, you can't stand on both flagpoles. I stand on mine and you stand on yours. It may come as a surprise but I've accepted that not everyone will stop eating meat, but I still won't change my mind about it being wrong.

law

Your sig just puts me off your opinions for starters... anyway bring on ToneDef's response.

edit - when it was 'fuck you'

ToneDef

Quote from: "Mazzy"

I'm not looking at you as evil but I'm assuming cause you've said nothing about where you buy your meat, you are supporting the industry, which treats millions and millions of animals like rubbish. That's what sickens me about consumers. They don't look to see what their eating comes from. I wasn't lecturing you. I just stated my opinion and you went on about it being nature when countless people have come out and said it isn't. It isn't a natural process in which these animals are being murdered. You can eat all the meat you want. I can't change the world and I don't want to, I've said before that it got to the point where I wasn't even telling people I was vegan anymore. I just have a jerky reaction to people who say it's natural to eat meat. I have grown up with that assumption also and I quickly discovered it's not all just black and white.

I don't think you'll budge and I certainly won't. I've been to so many factory farms and slaughterhouses and I've seen things you can't even imagine. This is where all my anger comes from. I hope you understand that. I just hope you're not calling it a natural process to make it seem ok about the way animals are treated. No one sees head to head about this, that's why those conflicting opinions reveal themselves, you can't stand on both flagpoles. I stand on mine and you stand on yours. It may come as a surprise but I've accepted that not everyone will stop eating meat, but I still won't change my mind about it being wrong.

I respect that. We both have strong views about the matter and we're both certainly not going to budge. It's just a matter of opinion. I understand your logic 100%, I just don't agree with it. As I said though, I don't really wanna talk about it anymore.

Mazzy

I give up. Seriously. I just don't have the heart for this anymore. People keep acting like assholes and it's just a stupid environment. I'm not making comments about tonedef but this is getting to me, obviously, and considering what's going on in my life now. I just don't feel like it. I've stated my opinion and just stfu and get over it.

lithium royalty

lettuce rules!

but so do sirloin steaks.

law

Lol don't get so wound up on a forum

skinnypuppy

I'm playing devils advocate here, and not really agreeing with tonedef OR mazzy..but...
most animals eat other animals. so it kind of makes sense that humans naturally will and do eat animals. most living creatures are carnivores. so while its possible we were born as green eaters, chances are we werent, since the majority of all living things are carnivores.

manic_bastard

yeah but we're the only ones who mistreat them and kill them for fun sometimes. you dont see a lion clubbing a zebra on the head screaming DIE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE DIE!!

TheProzacFairy

HAHAHA!! Whatever...they get in gang fights...Lions are the crypts and the zebras are the bloods

skinnypuppy

Quote from: "manic_bastard"yeah but we're the only ones who mistreat them and kill them for fun sometimes. you dont see a lion clubbing a zebra on the head screaming DIE YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE DIE!!

good point. though a lot of animals play with their pray (cats for example)

Assassin

Quote from: "skinnypuppy"most living creatures are carnivores.

Actually that's not true. The heirarchy of predators and their prey is triangular in structure, meaning that there will always be more prey than there are predators, e.g. the population of fish in the ocean is higher than that of sharks and so on.

This naturally means that as we descend the food chain there will be more herbivores compared to carnivores, because there is a higher population of them.

MyRibItsBroke

Quote from: "skinnypuppy"I'm playing devils advocate here, and not really agreeing with tonedef OR mazzy..but...
most animals eat other animals. so it kind of makes sense that humans naturally will and do eat animals. most living creatures are carnivores. so while its possible we were born as green eaters, chances are we werent, since the majority of all living things are carnivores.

i eat meat and everything, but that post was stupid.