Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

ChickdelaLynch

Contraception doesn't always work, though. Should someone really be punished if they use both the pill and a condom? No.

What about rape victims? Should they suffer with a constant reminder of their rape? No.

These are things people don't take into consideration. It's one thing to use abortion as a form of contraception, but it's another to use it when absolutely needed.

I won't even bark about those pictures you just posted.

Moz La Punk

I think that it's debatable from situation to situation, therefor it should be legalized.

rxqueen

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Aug 13, 2006, 05:08 PM
Contraception doesn't always work, though. Should someone really be punished if they use both the pill and a condom? No.

Quote from: rxqueen on Aug 13, 2006, 02:40 PM
I'm sick of stupid 16 year old girls in talk shows.. "I had to throw up and the pill didn't work". The package insert would help in many cases..
If I got pregnant now, because I would be one of the 0,01% of woman, where the pill failed, ok, I know there's this risk.

What about rape victims? Should they suffer with a constant reminder of their rape?

Of cource I know there are situations like getting raped

Read first.

Good, 'cause noone asked you to. I didn't post these pictures to shock anyone, it's just reality that many people seem to forget when it comes to abortion. Like I said, it helps me expressing what I feel.

rxqueen

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Aug 13, 2006, 05:09 PM
I think that it's debatable from situation to situation, therefor it should be legalized.

Right, but it shouldn't be THAT easy. The fact, that there are woman that abort 3, 4 times in their life makes me sick.

Børed

@ mazzy..

I don't believe in this 'my body, my decision' thing, because it simply isn't my life. This child has nothing to do with my decision on having sex, so it shouldn't be forced to deal with the consequences (or not in this case..). It should have the right to live, people could be more aware of that a pregnany can be the result of sex, it's nothing new. And like I said, everyone has this choice before. I'm sick of stupid 16 year old girls in talk shows.. "I had to throw up and the pill didn't work". The package insert would help in many cases, or a good gynecologist. (That's why it's a cool thing that you help getting kids informed, I admire that!)
If I got pregnant now, because I would be one of the 0,01% of woman, where the pill failed, ok, I know there's this risk. And I don't think of a 3 weeks old embryo is a cell, because it will be a child anyways, there's no way to skirt it, accept killing it.
I once read much about this issue.. where woman that aborted their child wrote letters to them because they just couldn't deal with their decision. I know I would be just like that.. I couldn't let go, because my inner voice says it's wrong..

Pictures express my feeling towards all this the best. It feels wrong. (this is the picture thread anyways..)

jimmedy crickets batman!

BloodyKnifePrty

Since we're on this topic...

Azwethinkweiz

stop posting those pics!

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: rxqueen on Aug 13, 2006, 06:03 PM

I'm sick of stupid 16 year old girls in talk shows.. "I had to throw up and the pill didn't work". The package insert would help in many cases..
If I got pregnant now, because I would be one of the 0,01% of woman, where the pill failed, ok, I know there's this risk.

What about rape victims? Should they suffer with a constant reminder of their rape?

Of cource I know there are situations like getting raped

Read first.

Good, 'cause noone asked you to. I didn't post these pictures to shock anyone, it's just reality that many people seem to forget when it comes to abortion. Like I said, it helps me expressing what I feel.

I read it my dear, but I think it needs to be repeated, otherwise I would have kept my big mouth shut. The reality is it's reality. It's not black and white. There are choices that need to be made in certain situations and sometimes they are hard choices. People tend to forget that.

Why post those in the first place if it weren't for shock value? If I were against abortion I wouldn't even get near those photos. Posting those pictures is pretty disgusting and not really necessary for whoever posted them again with no opinion attached to it. 

Børed

rxqueen

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Aug 13, 2006, 10:47 PM
Why post those in the first place if it weren't for shock value? If I were against abortion I wouldn't even get near those photos. Posting those pictures is pretty disgusting and not really necessary for whoever posted them again with no opinion attached to it. 

Oh sure, and if I don't like war, I never watch the news. Logical. I already wrote twice, that these pictures help expressing what I feel towards this theme, end.

Mazzy

you think a bunch of pictures are going to make people change their stance. i've worked in a clinic before and i've seen things that you seem to have seen in pictures only. i think your argument against why women shouldn't have abortions is weak. the women who are in clinics are not 'stupid 16 year olds' using the 'the contraception didn't work' line. that's just stuff you see on television and when has television ever told us the truth. the majority of them are genuine women who simply and plainly do not want to have a baby. they don't feel ready and just because they chose to have sex [God forbid we have sexual instincts] that doesn't mean it's the be all and end all that we have to live with having a million kids.

Quotei don't believe in this 'my body, my decision' thing, because it simply isn't my life.

i find that so disappointing because it could not be further from the truth. it is your body and it is your decision. if someone tells you otherwise, they are a big fat jerk. abortion is an issue of personal freedom. who should make that choice? should the government decide when you are going to have kids? should religious leaders control your reproduction? or should you decide it for yourself? i believe that reproduction is a personal right and that it is no one's business other than the parents to make that choice. if the mother makes the wrong choice, it's her wrong choice to make. that's what personal freedom is all about. it's the right to make your own mistakes and not have the government make the mistakes for you.

there are people who believe abortion is murder. i'm not one of them. one can hardly argue that we are at least killing something when we abort. however, as a society, we make choices of life and death all the time. for example, we let people in Africa starve to death all the time. is that murder? i think it comes closer to murder than abortion. i've met so many pro-lifers who see sex as a sin and pregnancy as God's way of punishing women for being sluts. they believe that if you take away abortion and birth control that the fear of pregnancy will either force women to not have sex, or allow God to punish them through pregnancy.

i believe in religious freedom. if you want to believe that God is a sadistic sex pervert who gets his jollies out of torturing people forever with fire, you have the right to believe it. however, you don't have the right to impose your sick religion on me. and just because you have the right to believe what you want doesn't make your beliefs true or make you any less of a nut for believing it.

i've yapped on enough but i will add this because you seem to be a bright woman Emma. abortion isn't an easy choice to make. women who are unexpectedly pregnant have to deal with tough choices. teenage girls have to decide if they are going to become a mother instead of finishing high school or college. a married woman with three grown children gets pregnant at the age of 45 and doesn't want to have children younger than her grandchildren. these are tough choices to make, but they are personal choices that the woman who is pregnant has to make for herself.

"so what if she makes the wrong choice?", you might ask. often women do make the wrong choice. they abort and feel guilty later. or they don't abort and wish they did. this is a free country and we live in a free society where the people, not the government, makes personal choices. when people make their own choices, sometimes they make the wrong choice. that's life! that's what choosing is all about. but my point is that someone has to choose and it's up to the woman who is pregnant to make that choice. she is the one who has the right to be wrong, not the government. and certainly not a government controlled by a religion. it's like what this American woman said once, if God gave us choice, who's Uncle Sam to take that choice away?

Jerry_Curls

Je t'adore.

BRAVOOO
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

rxqueen

@mazzy.. The reason why I'm against abortion has absolutely nothing to do with the government or religious reasons. I started to think about that issue when I had my first boyfriend and the condom wrenched (I was 17), so I had to take the morning after pill. The two weeks til I got my period were hell, I was reading all these articles about abortions, methods, letters from woman that have aborted and stuff and these things really changed my mind on that. It simply feels wrong to me, which reason could make me want to kill my own baby, a part of me? Maybe I'm too emotional, but I can't stand the thought.
My sister had a friend that got pregnant for the second time (she had aborted when she was 18 or something) and now, with 21 she had to make this 'decision' again. I think it's absolutely absurd, that when a woman here gets to know that she's pregnant the first question from the doctor is "Do you want to keep the child?" So she waited and waited, drank, smoked, acted nothing like a pregnant woman and on the last day (12. week) she went to get rid of the child. It seemed more horrible for my sister to me, she always told me about the ultrasound, the little fingers and everything, you could already see the whole baby, not some cells..
I already said that in another thread, that I think the world has gone way to far with shit like that. It has become so normal and that what scares me. It shouldn't be normal, there are thousand ways to avoid a pregnancy, you have a choice. Everyone has this own ethical feeling inside, and if someone tells me that killing his own baby feels ok if the woman isn't 'ready' (when can you ever be ready for a child?).. that's a big fat lie. The child gets punished for appearing in a mistimed moment. You spoke about feeling guilty when you gave a child for adoption, what about questions like.. "what would he/she look like?" That's way more hurting.. And to be honest I think many woman don't want to go through 9 months of pregnany when they know that they don't want to keep the child anyway.. They would have to stop drinking and smoking (or at least try it) for whole nine months! Oh what a work..

To come to an end, what I want to say: Everyone has the choice if he/she wants to get a child. There is the pill, condoms, 3 months injection, implants, bla bla. (Btw, chickdelalynch, you'll notice when a condom wrenches) It's obvious that sex can lead to a pregnancy and we're no neanderthals that can't control our drives. I got that feeling in me, that it's wrong to abort a child and that's why I'm against it.

Moz La Punk

I was typing a long ass response here, then I thought: I don't want to get mixed into this. So.

Chrisbo

I should probably say something here because my friend is going through the trials and tribulations of getting pregnant and going for an abortion (I've been told that she's gone and had it done today), but I really dont know what to say, it's a hard topic to talk about because it involves so much emotion. I mean, me personally, it really is down to the situation in hand, that's my opinion (and I respect what Emma is saying). Who am I to say what's right and wrong for her, only she knows that.

Leah knows that if she actually had the child, she wouldnt be able to provide it with a safe and comfortable life that every child deserves. And if she was to have it, she would have to give up a hell of a lot of things, sacrifices that she just couldnt make. Adoption isnt an option either, she wouldnt want to go through the pain of having a child, and then not being able to be there to witness the child growing up and all the joy that comes with that. I mean in this situation, it's her and the other guilty partners fault for not being so 'safe' in the first place, this is a situation that could have been avoided, I know that, and they sure as hell know that. But I still think in the end you have to look at it practically. I think if she was a bit older (she is 19, which isnt young, but isnt really that old either) and more experienced and she had a comfortable life with a good job (not working at a bar for shit minimum wage), it would be a completely different situation, but it's not like that, so she has to do what's right for her at this specific moment really doesnt she?

As I was saying, I dont think there's any right or wrong way to look at this. You can have your beliefs, but dont frown on others I guess. In this situation, I believe the only person that matters, is the mother. And any respectable father should stick by her, no matter the decision.

Hell, maybe I'm talking shite, but that's how I feel on the matter as of now.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

defskull

Your discussion is in the wrong topic. We have a political thread somewhere. Talk about it there please.

Breach Unborn

sweet, now the picture thread has turned into another bullshit thread

Crazylegs

my thoughts exactly.

4th Eye

Can you see me in this picture? :D

Children Of Bodom @ Wacken '06: