Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Picture Thread

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 28, 2006, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Bloodhound Gang? Awesome.

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 02, 2006, 03:32 PMSorry i have to ask here, If you're Muslim, how are you a feminist? :P I thought Muslim Women didn't have a voice over men?

Or are you kidding? :P

Ha, why does everything assume I'm joking when I say I'm Muslim? My sense of humour isn't that bad!

And in response to your question, in the eyes of the actual religion, men and women have an equal say, one does not have an advantage over the other except in terms of physical differences. I subscribe to the viewpoint that feminism and Islam actually coincide. That's probably not the impression you will have been given of Islam from the media, but it's true. Islam is a very liberating religion for women. As opposed to Christianity, which holds Eve (and women in general) responsible for  getting mankind thrown out of the garden of Eden - Islam's version of the Adam and Eve story does not consider Eve to be a deviant temptress who procured Adam's disobedience of God. Similarly, there is no concept of 'original sin' in Islam - we are only responsible for our own actions and intentions, not the actions or intentions of anyone else. I hope that clarifies matters.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Subliminal

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Nov 02, 2006, 07:19 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 02, 2006, 03:32 PMSorry i have to ask here, If you're Muslim, how are you a feminist? :P I thought Muslim Women didn't have a voice over men?

Ha, why does everything assume I'm joking when I say I'm Muslim? My sense of humour isn't that bad!

And in response to your question, in the eyes of the actual religion, men and women have an equal say, one does not have an advantage over the other except in terms of physical differences. I subscribe to the viewpoint that feminism and Islam actually coincide. That's probably not the impression you will have been given of Islam from the media, but it's true. Islam is a very liberating religion for women. As opposed to Christianity, which holds Eve (and women in general) responsible for  getting mankind thrown out of the garden of Eden - Islam's version of the Adam and Eve story does not consider Eve to be a deviant temptress who procured Adam's disobedience of God. Similarly, there is no concept of 'original sin' in Islam - we are only responsible for our own actions and intentions, not the actions or intentions of anyone else. I hope that clarifies matters.

Yeah that's cleared up a shitload i never knew, thanks :)

Just it seems my best mate Juber, he's muslim and his dad lets him have pretty much fuckin' everything he wants, His sisters? they get fuck all and are pretty much treated like shit.

But i spose your Muslim by choice? or were you born into an Islamic family? (sorry i'm interested :P)

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 02, 2006, 07:36 PM

Just it seems my best mate Juber, he's muslim and his dad lets him have pretty much fuckin' everything he wants, His sisters? they get fuck all and are pretty much treated like shit.

But i spose your Muslim by choice? or were you born into an Islamic family? (sorry i'm interested :P)

Haha you don't need to apologise for being interested, it's nice. :) Oh and you're welcome. If you have any questions about it just ask, I might not know all the answers but I'll do my best to explain.

The example with your Muslim friend happens a lot with Muslim families, I'm ashamed to say. The sons get away with all sorts of stuff but the daughters are basically locked up (luckily this isn't the case with mt family though) - but I have to point out that this is not an Islamic thing. This is not part of the religion - it's purely cultural. In such families, women are seen as the family's 'honour' so for a woman to have sex outside marriage for example, it would be much, much more shameful for her family than if she were male and did it. It fucking pisses me off, I just feel fortunate that my family aren't really like that. Islam prescribes exactly the same punishment for all sinners - whether they're male or female.

As for me, I was born and raised Muslim - my father is Iraqi, although he's not religious (doesn't pray or fast etc.) - but my mother is Irish and she's not Muslim, so I've grown up in a fairly non-religious household. The interest I take in Islam now (e.g. covering my hair) is entirely my choice. :)

Subliminal

Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Nov 02, 2006, 07:54 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 02, 2006, 07:36 PM

Haha you don't need to apologise for being interested, it's nice. :) Oh and you're welcome. If you have any questions about it just ask, I might not know all the answers but I'll do my best to explain.

The example with your Muslim friend happens a lot with Muslim families, I'm ashamed to say. The sons get away with all sorts of stuff but the daughters are basically locked up (luckily this isn't the case with mt family though) - but I have to point out that this is not an Islamic thing. This is not part of the religion - it's purely cultural. In such families, women are seen as the family's 'honour' so for a woman to have sex outside marriage for example, it would be much, much more shameful for her family than if she were male and did it. It fucking pisses me off, I just feel fortunate that my family aren't really like that. Islam prescribes exactly the same punishment for all sinners - whether they're male or female.

As for me, I was born and raised Muslim - my father is Iraqi, although he's not religious (doesn't pray or fast etc.) - but my mother is Irish and she's not Muslim, so I've grown up in a fairly non-religious household. The interest I take in Islam now (e.g. covering my hair) is entirely my choice. :)

Awesome, I thought as much. Like he has a fancy car, gets to go out all the time etc. i mean his sisters aren't treated 'real' bad, they got cars bought for them etc. but they're like a step down from what he's got and they're always working, then working at his dads take away, whilst he rakes in all the benefits of it all.

So it just come across to me like it was like that for all muslim women, But i spose you are very lucky in that sense :)

Anyways, back to the pictures, i've derailed the thread again :D

alvarezbassist17

Azwethinkweiz

tarkil

You can see in these eyes that he loves the cock... :D

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Subliminal

It certainly looks like he's gob has had practice :D

Juicy Fruit

Quote from: aenemic on Nov 02, 2006, 02:54 PM
Quote from: Juicy Fruit on Nov 02, 2006, 01:31 PM
Men om du låter ditt dreadlocks växa tillbacka! :P

vilka krav du har!

I know, but your dreadlocks were so nice! :(

lostcancer

Juicy Fruit

Which one are you?

Mazzy

you are a secular muslim, which is why you have this view. you speak for yourself and not for the entire muslim religion. they don't think like you do. i wish they did, just like i wish some christians would lighten up.

there is no such thing as a religion that gives equal rights to women as it does to men. it's just inserted into our brains to view everyone as equal. and if you sat down and wrote about what religion gives the least rights to women you wouldn't like the answer zara. i wanted to be a priest two years ago and the shit i got from my dad [he's really christian] was unsurmountable. i didn't understand [and i still don't] why i couldn't be one because i had a vagina. i love christianity and i love its teachings and i think i can do a pretty good job at being a priest. people always assume it's really oppressive, which it isn't as you concluded in your comment about the whole adam and eve scenario. if you study the entire concept of adam and eve you will see that the underlying message that story tells is that humankind will sin. it is in our blood to sin. there is no such thing as a perfect human being, except for christ and i think these so called christians that are in view of the whole world are doing a dodgy job in following christ's word, let alone his actions. god made us all equal and sadly our religions aren't really good at portraying that.

if you look at some of the reasons that some people won't accept the bible or other religious text you will find that "the bible is made by fallible man, we can't absolutely trust it!" as a response. men wrote the bible and other religious texts. of course there was going to be one misogynist pissed off apostle doing some scribe writing. we can easily turn around and blame men for all the atheists, agnostics and god haters of the world but we won't because that is a weak thing to do just as it is a weak thing to turn around and blame women because eve was tempted by a snake to take a bite out of an apple when god specifically told her not to do so. adam would have done the exact same thing. i studied this in depth and it was remarkable what i learnt. i truly believe god views no gender. god just sees the entire you and not whether you did something that a female is not supposed to do. we as christians, jews and muslims often stare ourselves blind against one another and our own flaws and disagreeable traits, thereby forgetting what christianity, judaism and islam is truly all about. if abraham was here he would kick us all up the bum.

i know i know, this is the picture thread but being off-topic is so cool.

ablackswan

ahahah the pope, hulk hogan, dead jesus are funny :D

nice costumes
*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: tarkil on Nov 02, 2006, 11:20 PM
You can see in these eyes that he loves the cock... :D

since i'm clearly trying to suck off a half oz nugget...  poopface

lostcancer

Fireal1222

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

law

nice bannana tash

Chrisbo

The Unholy Alliance Tour 2006: Slayer & In Flames only (too far away for the rest of the bands to get decent pics as I didnt have my digital camera, just my mobile phone)

In Flames

Slayer

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Uno

i got into photoshop

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.