Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Karma?

Started by fireflyry, Feb 12, 2006, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtownpony

I know that Vesanic attempted a while back to get it reinstated, but Nuno shot him down. Maybe if we approach it from a different/more functional angle and have the majority opinion of the board backing it up we will have a better chance at fairness and equality once again prevailing in the Sharinglungs Kingdom.

Crazylegs

this is just a recipe for hurt butts.

bebo

I agree

and its not like karma is an incentive to stop the lemonpartying, i would pride myself on negative karma

downtownpony

the point is to help keep the mods from getting  involved in the dilemma of whether to ban you for petty shit like Lemonpartying. Smiting would be a less dramatic solution that the members who are offended could use to help alleviate their butt hurt. Which would make them less likely to pester a mod.

blondie

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 25, 2012, 10:17 PM
the point is to help keep the mods from getting  involved in the dilemma of whether to ban you for petty shit like Lemonpartying. Smiting would be a less dramatic solution that the members who are offended could use to help alleviate their butt hurt. Which would make them less likely to pester a mod.

you seem rather fixated on this karma issue. what gives? you want positive karma or something? do you want to smite bebo endlessly? what is it??

downtownpony

Because we are the 99%

Tempest2012

Needs to be brought back.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

jbmp1390

Guys it does not need to be brought back. I joined the board a long time ago when karma was still in effect and it just created more petty bullshit than actually solving anything. That's why it got taken away. Cuz rather than the karma allowing things to be solved between members it just created even more bitching to the mods about who smited whom. Just let it go and let's all try to act like rational human beings, even though that's hard. I'm not trying to preach. I'm just as guilty of being petty on here sometimes.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

from_musings

if it didn't work out, then well it didn't. but i still don't get why people would go apeshit if someone would "smite" a post of theirs. if you get enough bad karma, will you lose access to certain threads? will you automatically get banned if you have too much negative points? will the post be deleted? what is it that makes people get so pissed by this? as i understand it's only a friggin number next to your name,if so, how bad can it be

Vesanic

I asked this twice to Nuno, he said no, as simple as that.

jbmp1390

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 19, 2012, 10:13 PM
if it didn't work out, then well it didn't. but i still don't get why people would go apeshit if someone would "smite" a post of theirs. if you get enough bad karma, will you lose access to certain threads? will you automatically get banned if you have too much negative points? will the post be deleted? what is it that makes people get so pissed by this? as i understand it's only a friggin number next to your name,if so, how bad can it be

I can't really remember since it was so long ago. I think you're essentially right though that it didn't really do anything positive or negative. Just a number next to your name. And it didn't solve anything because as bebo said above, some people just totally prided themselves on the negative karma. I do agree that if it could be brought back in a more constructive way in terms of creating consequences and rewards or something independent of the mods it might work. I understand why nuno doesn't want to bring it back though. It'd probably be a bit of an undertaking and I know that he doesn't have nearly the amount of time for the board as he used to.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?