Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Tattoos.

Started by sharinglungs, Feb 27, 2006, 03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

ok, so this isn't tattoos that I have... yet. but I'm 99% sure I'm going to a tattoo studio on sunday and getting one or the other done. eventually I will probably get both. but it would be nice to hear some opinions before I do it.

so the first one is the heron from Faith No More's Angel Dust. I want to get it as close to the original picture as possible, and I will likely get it on my upper left arm. I have thought about ways to make that picture work as a tattoo for a really long time but didn't really think it would work, but this picture really inspired me and I want to get something similar (although, as I said, closer to the original picture and without the text):

and then we have the sun logo from Alice In Chains album Dirt. this one I want to get on my lower left arm:

so, any thoughts? I will probably go with the AIC sun logo first.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

raynor

That AIC-logo looks like backdrop for a rave party in 1998, I wouldn't go with it. The angel dust one looks way better.

Todays sunday and maybe you've already done the AIC one, if so sorry. Haha.

elite54

Jacob

Quote from: raynor on Apr 18, 2010, 08:10 PM
That AIC-logo looks like backdrop for a rave party in 1998, I wouldn't go with it. The angel dust one looks way better.

Todays sunday and maybe you've already done the AIC one, if so sorry. Haha.

haha, yeah it's pretty trippy. but I like it. not sure about that one yet though. the Angel Dust tattoo I'm definitely getting.

so yes, in other words I didn't get anything done today. I got an appointment in two weeks though, and getting the bird done then.

Jacob

theis

Jacob

theis

Nice! It looks great without color too, though.

The shades are really well done.

Jacob

yeah, the guy who did it is amazing with shading. I especially love the details on the head, particularly around the eye. it looks so realistic.

and yes, I'm perfectly satisfied with it like this, but I'm positive it'll be even better with colors. especially when he puts some blue in the shading of the wings.

devilinside

Nice...you fuzzy man you.  ;)

I aching to get a new one.

Jacob

haha. he shaved off the hair where he was gonna put the tattoo and now I'm actually a bit worried that the hair is gonna be really noticable when it grows back. I have really light hair so you usually don't even see it, but against a dark tattoo that'll probably change... oh well, guess I'll just have to start waxing my arms!

any plans for your next tattoo? I've already started thinking about what to do next.

devilinside

I think you should be fine as far as it coming back. It takes a few shaves for it to be noticeable,and because you have light hair I think you'll be fine. The camera always intensifies things,so it's probably not even as noticeable as it seems in the picture.  I know every time I get a tattoo and they shave me I get nervous of it growing back darker or thick. haha

I've got a few ideas of things I want,the main one is two koi and a lotus flower on my back,but that's gonna cost big money,so I'm waiting. Thought of getting something similar to this

on top of my foot. I want something with music notes,or music related. I like this one a lot

But I still am not sure.

Jacob

those are nice, especially the second one. you can do pretty cool stuff with music notes.

anyways, I finished the tattoo yesterday. this picture isn't that great quality so the colors get a bit screwed up, but it'll have to do until I have a better picture:

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

sing blue silver

Crazylegs

God damn i dislike tattoos. The only one i like in this whole thread is Theis'. Congrats dude.

edit*

jerry's el diablo is allright too.

E-Money

I'm so glad I don't have any. My job would not be down. Nothing against people that have them. I just know I would want to get more than one and I probably would never be satisfied. I wanted one for such a long time but never got around to it...