Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Entertain Me: Promote This Movie

Started by bloody_liver, Apr 07, 2006, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

You do?

Hmmm...a thought crossed my mind today...they record Deftones will release in fall will be the last they have to do for Maverick....maybe they'll look for a new label, and maybe that label will release the film...

Far away

Quote from: Tuck on May 03, 2006, 01:04 PM
You do?

Hmmm...a thought crossed my mind today...they record Deftones will release in fall will be the last they have to do for Maverick....maybe they'll look for a new label, and maybe that label will release the film...

Tuck, i'm almost sure they'll stay indepent after the 5th record. Just a guess!

Breach Unborn

DefUnNorma428

Quote from: Breach Unborn on May 03, 2006, 05:40 PM
Quote from: sleeptraveler on May 01, 2006, 10:00 PM
People have copies.  I know that for a fact.

yep. true story

how are you guys so sure...i mean i kno the band prolly has a copy and so does the director and production and record company probably...but who else do u think has it?

deftonekid

Quote from: DefUnNorma428 on May 03, 2006, 06:10 PM

yep. true story

how are you guys so sure...i mean i kno the band prolly has a copy and so does the director and production and record company probably...but who else do u think has it?

not me fo sho

Martin

Quote from: Far away on May 03, 2006, 04:54 PM
You do?

Tuck, i'm almost sure they'll stay indepent after the 5th record. Just a guess!

Yeah, so am I really haha
Point was, maybe they're waiting to release it, either themselves or a new, better label.

Jizzlobber

You do?

who knows, i doubt they will go the indie route though. i wouldnt be surprised if they left, Maverick fined them millions of dollars for late albums. they were fined for s/t being late,that type of situation alone would make me want to get another label deal.
<

iceache

I'm sure they are only signed on for 5 albums + tours and stuff.. and i'm sure that once they are done with Maverick, that a lot of record labels would like to pick them up

Far away

Quote from: iceache on May 04, 2006, 07:09 PM
I'm sure they are only signed on for 5 albums + tours and stuff.. and i'm sure that once they are done with Maverick, that a lot of record labels would like to pick them up

I'm not so sure about that. I think they'll stay like an independent band!

Oldnewtype

Quote from: DefUnNorma428 on May 03, 2006, 06:10 PM

yep. true story

Friends of the band or director, probably.

And as far as the label thing, I've been wanting them to start their own for a while, but I could never see anyone in that band running a label. Too much work.

iceache

they do have a record label, its called ToneDef records, its been out since like around White Pony era, but I don't think it ever took off, so , if they are done with Maverick, I think they'll go under their own Label, and then they could really do some bitchin stuff

Far away

Quote from: iceache on May 05, 2006, 12:54 AM
they do have a record label, its called ToneDef records, its been out since like around White Pony era, but I don't think it ever took off, so , if they are done with Maverick, I think they'll go under their own Label, and then they could really do some bitchin stuff

Ditto!

beat ohhh

So did we all stop caring about this?

black coffee

sickened

Quote from: black coffee on May 15, 2006, 11:43 AM
here is a youtube link

hah ;D Eurovision song contest.... it's amazing how people can make so enjoyable music....every year. Aaaah.

The Captain

Quote from: iceache on May 05, 2006, 12:54 AM
First off, Tone Def was an imprint of Maverick which is already an imprint of Warner. Second, it never happened, just lots of talk.

Deftones need a major label, not for the support, but the pressure. Sure, I think they should take their time until an album is right, but they don't have the discipline to get things done. We'd probably just be getting s/t if the band was running their own shit.

jbmp1390

I don't know if they're going to quit Maverick or not. Part of me wants them to quit Maverick and find a better label that gives them better creative control, and better coverage and publicity. However, another part of me wants them to stay with Maverick due to the stability. If they went independent I don't know if their music would be as far reaching. I'm also worried that they might not be able to get another deal with a major label. I don't think there are many labels willing to sign the Deftones, because the Deftones aren't a huge selling band. And that's all record companies care about, Selling records. I guess that all I can really hope for is that the Deftones have a good label that supports them creatively and doesn't worry about how many records they sell. However, that may be a dream.

And if you know people that have copies, hook me up with one.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

lithium royalty

dude how much more creative control do you want? fuckin deftones do whatever they want at maverick.. fuckin madonna just sits there and takes it up the ass with them..

The Captain

Madonna hasn't had anything to do with Maverick in years. ...YEARS! hahahhaha

hollywood

i doubt they'd be able to release it if they went independent because it was made when they were with maverick....this means maverick own the DVD and they wont let them release it when and if they get off the label. It was the same way when Roadrunner made Glassjaw take off their last track Convectuoso off of Worship and Tribute (Warner Bros) because they wrote it when they were with Roadrunner.