Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What are you playing right now?

Started by Moz La Punk, Apr 14, 2006, 09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Graw2 all the way at the moment

clayfox

FF XII this game is killing all the other parts (except VII)

Jacob

Quote from: ToneDef on Mar 16, 2007, 07:06 AM
Quote from: aenemic on Mar 07, 2007, 04:23 PM
I started playing Oblivion again. but damn, it's not as pretty as I remembered it.

Noooooooo

Even now I still hate Bethesda for fucking up Oblivion. Every now and again I'll feel like playing an RPG so I look over at my copy of Oblivion just sitting there..... And then remember that Morrowind pisses all over it from every direction and it's just not worth my time. #1 on my shitlist is that your enemies level with you.. Just fucking outrageous. Plus it's all trees trees trees.

If the next Elder Scrolls game has the visual quality of (at least) Oblivion but the mechanics and feel of Morrowind then I'll have a heart attack.

I'm actually with you on most of that. Morrowind is lightyears ahead in many ways. it's more beautiful, it's more dark and scary which I like... but there are a few parts of the gameplay I prefer with Oblivion. such as the number of levels you can gain, and the fact that you can no longer pump up your Strength by just jumping endlessly. and a few other things.

but the thing with enemies levelling with you really really sucks. I've tried several characters with different skills and stats and I always think the game is really hard.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ToneDef

Yeah man, the point in levelling is that at the beginning of the game or something you'll be too weak to beat a certain guy.. So you'll run off, go kill a shitload of weak fuckers, have a big ol' adventure killing and levelling.. Then come back to the original guy and kick his ass all over the place. Coming back to Balmora and taking out a guard in one hit is a great feeling man. Morrowind was a great game. Truly open ended.

Oblivion has a couple things over it I guess, but nothing too important besides graphics. Plus I can understand how people who never played Morrowind thought highly of Oblivion.

I really hope Bethesda pays attention to fan feedback this time and makes the next installment better.

Jacob

agreed. Bethesda will be developing Fallout 3 btw. I dunno if you're familiar with the earlier Fallout games, but Fallout 2 is considered one of the best rpg's ever. it's old though, has 2D graphics and is turnbased. but the whole thing with those games is that they're set in a really cool post-apocalyptic wasteland, totally Mad Max style. and the humor is awesome. I'm a bit worried that Bethesda will take away all the jokes and gore and just turn Fallout 3 into Oblivion set in another world. and there are also rumours saying it will be an online rpg only. however, if they don't completely ruin it, it might turn out to be one of the best and fucking coolest games ever made. so keep your eyes open for that one.

other than that I can recommend Neverwinter Nights 2 if you want a good rpg.

ToneDef

I have a friend at work who's really into his games. He recommended Neverwinter Nights aswell. I'll check 'em out. Baldurs Gate he wont stfu about either.

The whole Fallout things sounds good too.. With the post-apocalyptic setting and shit.

Jacob

Baldur's Gate is a great game too, one of my favorites. especially the first game. but it's a lot more "serious" rpg than Morrowind and Oblivion. it's not the same kind of action.

check out Fallout 2 if you want a hilarious and gory game set in an awesome environment but don't mind old 2D graphics and turn-based combat. it can get a bit slow at times, but there's nothing more satisfying than walking up to an enemy with a minigun and blasting him into little pieces that fly all over the screen.

Moz La Punk

What I am playing right now... hmmm...

PS2:
Okami
Genji
Ratchet & Clank
We Love Katamari

Wii:
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Wii Sports
Wario Ware SMooth Moves

DS:
New Super Mario Bros.
Tetris DS
Meteos

Xbox 360:
Gears of War

GameCube:
Kururin Squash (Japanese import)

Gaz

I'm hooked on Football Manager 2007 at the moment, managing Ajax.

Marlon Brando

Im playing some voleyball with my friends
I have to go now.

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 29, 2007, 09:00 PM
don't be rude marlon

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

KOTOR for the 19th time. Not joking. 19.

Jacob

Quote from: You Fail Me on Mar 22, 2007, 02:28 AM
KOTOR for the 19th time. Not joking. 19.

great game! KOTOR2 is also great but bugged like hell.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I know. I have it. I didn't like the story as much and KOTOR had a much better feeling atmosphere, but alot of the things in KOTOR2 that were expanded upon are really fucking cool. Like lightsaber customization and the fact that almost all of your party members can be trained to become jedi. I really liked that. The first time I played through, I had Atton as just some boring blaster pistol dude that I never used, the second time I had him swinging lightsabers all over the place. I also liked the fact that you can persuade party members to like you more and then have an entire party full of people that lean to the dark side. A couple of the planets are cool too. I really liked Dxun and Onderon.

Jacob

yeah, I agree on all of that. it's a shame they released KOTOR2 too early (not the developers fault, they were pushed to it) because it could've become such an amazing game.

btw, like I said earlier in this thread... Neverwinter Nights 2 is a great game, and it's developed by the same people as KOTOR. actually, they're pretty much the same game except that NWN2 is in a fantasy world and you have more freedom. same rules and all that.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Is the combat system similar? I really like the KOTOR combat system.

Jacob

Quote from: You Fail Me on Mar 22, 2007, 02:41 AM
Is the combat system similar? I really like the KOTOR combat system.

yeah, man. they're both based on dungeons & dragons rules, haha. like it or not. of course, they made some changes for KOTOR to fit the Star Wars world. but the combat is the same.

it all started with Baldur's Gate actually. pretty much the same combat system there as well.

man, I'm such a geek. all I talk about in this thread are rpg's.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I thought Baldurs Gate was one of those annoying dungeon fighting RPGs.

Jacob

Quote from: You Fail Me on Mar 22, 2007, 02:51 AM
I thought Baldurs Gate was one of those annoying dungeon fighting RPGs.

no, not really. it's not like Diablo or Titan Quest. it has a lot more to do with KOTOR.

thing is, it's pretty much the same people making all these games. they've just moved over to other companies and changed names etc. dating back to Fallout and to NWN2 which is the latest game they released.

and out of all these game these are the ones that use the same combat system and similar game engines, the difference between the games being graphics, setting, and what edition of D&D rules they use: Baldur's Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2, Planescape: Torment, KOTOR 1+2 and Neverwinter Nights 1+2.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Alright, it wasn't that nerdy before but now...

Anyway, the only system I really have for playing games is an old busted up Xbox that barely even runs these days. That's why I pretty much only play KOTOR. I have a PS2 that was my dad's but I have only 4 games for it.