Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subject

hey, i saw norma jean live on saturday, not a bad show, just isn't norma jean with out josh :(  they also played two new songs wich sounded pritty cool.

died20times

yea norma jean are coming here soon with all the other popular solid state bands. i'm gonna go anyway cause i still like norma jean. anyway, i saw poison the well last night. not that bad of a show, although they have lost a little bit of their touch. the bled opened and they were 10x better then the well.

BigDave

Quote from: "died20times"yea norma jean are coming here soon with all the other popular solid state bands.

Like Underoath, arent you keen on them?

died20times

Quote from: "BigDave"
Quote from: "died20times"yea norma jean are coming here soon with all the other popular solid state bands.

yea underoath, beloved, and a couple other bands.  here is the flyer, and yea i love underoath. by saying popular, i wasn't trying to poke fun. just meant the most popular bands on solid state. my bad.

BigDave

Quote from: "died20times"
Quote from: "BigDave"

yea underoath, beloved, and a couple other bands.  here is the flyer, and yea i love underoath. by saying popular, i wasn't trying to poke fun. just meant the most popular bands on solid state. my bad.

I thought you were poking fun, no worries.  I still havent got the Beloved album :( Looks like a good gig, have fun.  BTW your sig is incredible!  Where did you get it?

died20times

yea should be a fun show, although i really don't like dead poetic. you should nab that beloved album when you get a chance. it's suprisingly good. the perfect blend of melody and heavy. i got the sig at converge cult (converge's main site). thought it looked pretty badass too.

kisseveryscar

alright guys

check out  Find Him and Kill Him..download their album called Cut Them to Pieces
its a great hardcore album.
if you like give up the ghost, comeback kid and some girls..check them out

Gaz

Norma Jean kicked ass last night, the new vocalist rocks, he sounds like the original guy on the CD, they played 2 new songs which sounded cool. Can't remember the setlist sorry.

died20times

Quote from: "subject to violence"great band, great song... the secret, check em out

http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/574/

i just listened to that. fucking nice. wish they had more than one song available.

died20times

the chariot (josh's new band) have posted another song at hxcmp3. it's a lot better than the 1st one they posted. i think with a record deal and better production, these guys will be ok.

and if you have time, give the kidnap soundtrack a listen. not too shabby.

subject

Quote from: "died20times"
Quote from: "subject to violence"great band, great song... the secret, check em out

http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/574/

i just listened to that. fucking nice. wish they had more than one song available.
yeah man, their pritty good. i think they got a cd out soon.
http://www.codex4.org/Sections-article14-page1.html

Gaz

New England Metal & Hardcore Festival DVD!

Trustkill and High Roller Studios are putting finishing touches on their New England Metal & Hardcore festival DVD. To be released this March 23rd, 2004, some of our set from this festival is included on this highly anticipated DVD project.

DVD Teaser

It should be released on March 23rd and I can't fucking wait for it

died20times

looks awsome...will def. have to buy that whenit comes out.

died20times

from convergecult.com-

"Converge featured as one of the 25 greatest live bands ever in Revolver. Converge were recently featured in Revolver Magazine's 25 greatest live bands ever article in their March 2004 issue of the magazine. We were fortunate enough to be featured along with Slayer, Bad Brains, Led Zeppellin, and many more. The issue is on newsstands now"

this is pretty fuckin sweet if you ask me. if anyone has the issue, please let me know what number they ranked in at.

BigDave

Eighteen Vision fans:

Which is better, Until the ink runs out or Best of?

kisseveryscar

damn..thats hard
but im gonna go with Unitl the ink runs out

died20times

i agree. until the ink runs out for sure.

BigDave

Thanks guys :wink:

Any views on what you think the new one will be like?

Gaz

I reckon the new 18v album will be similar to Vanity, but I hope they go back to the the more raw and heavy sound, I like Vanity and I love all of their old stuff, but I would love it for them to do make it heavier, and if it has the production quality of Vanity it will kick ass for certain.

BigDave

Vanity had loads of good ideas, but I dont think it was executed very well.  The title track for example, good song, lots of time changes, yet its a little all over the place and the time changes and breakdowns dont flow very well.  Its an okay album, but I hope the next one is better, and that they tour UK with the new album.