Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ Crazylegs

Started by Assassin, May 07, 2006, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Chrisbo

Wait I think I have some Norwegian lingo! There's a Norwegian girl in my class, she gave me all I need to know

-If you use fuck as a swearing word its faen?

-If you want to use fuck in a sentence with it's true meaning its knulle.

-Shit is dritt

-Bitch is just bitch

-If you want to say I love you it's "jeg elsker deg"

-If you want to say I hate you it's "jeg hater deg"

Now tell me if I'm right or wrong?

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Assassin

Wow, Norwegian and Swedish are really similar. 'I love you' in Swedish is 'jag älskar dig' or something like that.

Crazylegs

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 09, 2006, 06:08 PM
Wait I think I have some Norwegian lingo! There's a Norwegian girl in my class, she gave me all I need to know

-If you use fuck as a swearing word its faen?

-If you want to use fuck in a sentence with it's true meaning its knulle.

-Shit is dritt

-Bitch is just bitch

-If you want to say I love you it's "jeg elsker deg"

-If you want to say I hate you it's "jeg hater deg"

Now tell me if I'm right or wrong?

everything except bitch. That would be hore. but of course we use words like shit and bitch as if they were in our language.

And yeah swedish and norwegian is pretty similar. Even though norwegian and danish writing is even more similar it just sounds a lot different.

Chrisbo

That's my problem with foreign languages, I might be able to read and write some stuff, but when you speak it, some of the pronunciation is difficult!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Crazylegs

true, therefore we have english. Which everyone should understand. Funny thing is i often have to speak english to danish people and them back to me cause i don't understand shit what they're saying, they sound like their throat is stuffed with potatoes. The Swedish are easy to understand though.

Chrisbo

Haha, I wonder if there's any danish people on here.  :D

Far away

Crazylegs

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 09, 2006, 07:02 PM
Haha, I wonder if there's any danish people on here.  :D

azwethinkweiz, and black coffee are danish i believe.

Chrisbo

Oh aye! I forget peoples nationalities!

Assassin

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 09, 2006, 07:09 PM
black coffee is danish i believe.

Haha no way! I thought he was German! And I even said that to him but he didn't correct me... ???

Crazylegs

well i don't know for sure. I just have a feeling. I know azwethinkweiz is for sure though.

Assassin

I went to Denmark for like an hour once. We got the ferry from Gothenburg, took like 3 hours to get there if I remember rightly, and then when we arrived it suddenly occurred to us that it was Sunday and everything was closed haha! We stayed for like an hour and went back.

Crazylegs

why would you go to denmark to shop?

Assassin

God knows. Ask my family, it was their idea. I just went along for the ride. Which ended up being pretty short.

Crazylegs

were you ever in norway?

Assassin

No but my cousin has an auntie who lives in Norway... Ah, gotta love those obscure family ties... ;D

Chrisbo

One of these days I'm gonna go to Norway to catch the Midnight Sun

Crazylegs

You would have to travel way north if you want to find it. i only experienced it once.

Assassin

Haha, sounds like that could be an interesting quest!