Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ToneDef

Started by MyRibItsBroke, May 10, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

Quote from: ToneDef on Oct 13, 2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys!

Awwww Travis!  Yer so cute!   Glad you had a good one.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

tarkil

Happy (belated) birthday my man...
Glad you had a good one... :)

Keep enjoying the good life...  ;)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

tarkil

Happy birthday bitch...

It's pretty funny that last post was from me for your birthday last year too...     :)

Crazylegs

Quote from: Crazylegs on Oct 13, 2008, 05:50 PM
happy birthday Ewan

i'm starting to wonder how i ever saw any resemblance.

ToneDef

Haha, thanks guys!

Tarkil: I noticed that too, haha

Crazylegs: You just a blind nigga

tarkil

Quote from: Variable on Sep 16, 2008, 12:14 AM
so how does this work?  Travis' @ thread is kind of like a bat signal?  You just post in it and he will come?

Hey it seems it's still working actually...    :)

ToneDef

Crazylegs

so how does it feel to be 24? you're growing old.

ToneDef

I dunno man, not much different but it's surprising how fast it all goes and how each birthday feels like even less of an event than the last. I remember thinking 18 was gonna be awesome, like being a man. But now that was six years ago! Shit like that.

tarkil

I have to say it won't really get better unfortunately.... Like it will always get faster and faster and faster...   :-\

ToneDef

Sucks man. You know, I was 17 when i joined this board. Hadn't seen them live yet, didn't have my notorious Deftones tattoo, haha. Time really does fucking fly.

Law

Quote from: ToneDef on Oct 13, 2009, 06:52 PM
Sucks man. You know, I was 17 when i joined this board. Hadn't seen them live yet, didn't have my notorious Deftones tattoo, haha. Time really does fucking fly.

Mate me too, well abouts. Hope you're doing good.

ToneDef

Ten years later on this thread. Just logging in again for the usual New Album hype. Whether or not this even gets seen by anyone I just wanna say I have such great memories of this forum and the users on it. Feeling very nostalgic.

Drop-Dead

Welcome back, some of us are still around ;)

Far away

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Aug 29, 2020, 02:34 AM

confirmed!

ToneDef

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Aug 29, 2020, 02:34 AM

Funnily enough while I was driving earlier I was wondering what Nuno was up to these days. Deftonesworld and the forums were a huge influence on me in those formative years, man. I vividly remember consuming all the content on that website with dial up internet and the huge build up to Lovers, as it was then known.  Wonderful memories. You did good, my man.

Drop-Dead

Yeah man it's still a lifetime ride. Believe it or not deftonesworld is 20 years now, I didn't make an announcement about that or anything around here  maybe I'll do it when it's 50 yeahhh! Some of the younger SL members weren't even born, can u imagine that?!! But it was in summer of 2000 when it all started, back then I was a kid, we all grew up and keeping up with the same content was not bearable. When I look back I remember this is where I grew as a man I am today, back then it was the 5 deftones and nuno, something I never wanted and regret about that, thank god new members don't even know who the hell is nuno. When I gave up keeping deftonesworld as stalker-kind of fansite it all changed, I became a teacher, a dad, bought a car a house, it was the best decision I made but nothing like this would ever happen without DW/SL... it became part of me that's why I never gave paying my hosting, domain and doing minor updates here and there. Now I'm focused in my passion, photography and it's my current job/business (https://www.instagram.com/hexafoto/). Shooting newborns, weddings, pregnant women, how the hell did I end up in there, lol, the truth is that I Love it! Sorry for the speeeech, just miss "talking" with people that I did connect 100% back then :)

tarkil

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!!!!
I remember all the rants you and I had, meeting up with you in London, etc.

Glad you're back, hopefully you'll read this hahaha !
Damn, all these old faces...        :)

Gaz

Glad your back mate! something always brings me back to this board, as Tonedef says, great memories, good people all round.