Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ theis

Started by deftonekid, May 27, 2006, 02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

hvordan var roskilde? i don't know if it's over yet, but i saw you were posting again.

theis

It was good...just way too hot. The concerts were great though. Had the two best live experiences of my life (Faith No More and The Mars Volta), so it was worth it.

Crazylegs

cool. I almost went myself this year. but i couldn't get away from work this week.

Jacob

would've loved to be there. did you skip Isis altogether?

and as for The Mars Volta, I saw them in Germany too and I wasn't very impressed to be honest. they are amazing musicians and I really like the new drummer, but almost every song turned into a huge messy jam where you could barely hear who was playing what. might have been bad sound and the fact that they were playing during the day, I guess. but I liked them a lot more when I saw them a few years ago.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Yeah unfortunately I had to skip Isis. They went on at 16. FNM went on at 17 and I stood in line to get a good spot at 15.30...

Hopefully Isis will play in Denmark soon again.

Vesanic

Theis, was that necessary to lock my " bonjourmadame " thread ?

I was just giving the boys a website with a very nice selection of sensual ladies. Since there's the Beautiful Woman Thread I can't objectively see what is wrong with that.

theis

Post the link in that thread then. Your thread quickly turned into random rambling.

Vesanic

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

http://www.betrayalatbespin.com/diary.php

check them out, i think you might like it.

this is what this [ http://postrockcommunity.blogspot.com/search?q=betrayal+at+bespin ] blog wrote about the album:
The sound:
The intro seems a bit depressing and dark and you can already guess what is brewing on the Horizon. This is confirmed when you listen to "Road to Ghost Town". This is where the hard riffing and dark sound spreads to become a huge monster. A real thick sound with biting shouts - which is not everybodys favourite but it really fits. The "Ghost Town" in "Road to Ghost Town" comes out when the acoustic guitars start playing and you feel like being in a lost western city of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. A really great atmosphere starts to build up, great!

The record alternates beautiful melodies, short breaks to take a breath and massive epic riffing. In the epic passages they sometimes remind me of the early Callisto but with a completely different background.

The whole thing is carried by this bleak, post-apocalyptic western style. The band succeeds in building a incredible atmosphere. If you have seen Deadwood - this is the soundtrack to it. They totally catch me when they change between riffing and beautiful acoustic melodies and - thank you guys - they do this often. Even the screaming, which was at the beginning a little strange for me because of the biting sound, fits really perfect and after a few runs i like it.

To make a long story short:
Betrayal At Bespin deliver a thoroughly convincing disk with "Diary of a Dead Man Walking". It could be settled between the early Callisto, Cult of Luna and a more traditional metal influences. If you like these bands try this album i'm sure it'll get you like it got me!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Nice! Will check it.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Vesanic

That's you on this pic ?

Jacob

haha, yeah. that's him alright.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Was just asking, see something wrong about that ?

Crazylegs

Jacob likes Theis so much that his avatar is also a picture of Theis.

Vesanic

Glad that your eyes are good enough to make you realize that it's the same person. Mines are not.

Crazylegs

whatever, let's be friends.

Vesanic

theis

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 06, 2010, 11:19 PM
That's you on this pic ?

Hahahaha. I wish.

But no, that's Mike Patton.

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 07, 2010, 12:19 AM
Jacob likes Theis so much that his avatar is also a picture of Theis.

Hahahahaha.