Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What are you eating? thread

Started by greencard, Jul 06, 2006, 01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

maple syrup and honey are very separate over here. they taste way different too. honey is cheaper, but i dont know anyone who swaps them for each other. i dont know what they have in europe, but here the syrup is not very thick (some high end stuff is) and not as sweet as honey. i'm still getting over the fact that you just recently tried maple syrup, thats like a right of passage over here. all you need is to buy some land, plant some maple trees, wait 20 years and you'd be a millionaire over there ;D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

whodunit?

Quote from: goldpony on Mar 05, 2009, 10:59 PM
maple syrup and honey are very separate over here. they taste way different too. honey is cheaper, but i dont know anyone who swaps them for each other. i dont know what they have in europe, but here the syrup is not very thick (some high end stuff is) and not as sweet as honey. i'm still getting over the fact that you just recently tried maple syrup, thats like a right of passage over here. all you need is to buy some land, plant some maple trees, wait 20 years and you'd be a millionaire over there ;D

hahaha. well we've got a lot of maples in parks and so on. but people just discover such "exotic" food.  ;)

goldpony

shit son, a syrup tap is only a couple of bucks (even cheaper to make). all you need now is an evaporation table and your set! if you go to the rural parts of my state, you'll see all kinds of "syrup shacks" literally a small shack in the woods with an evap table, usually run off propane. so many people make it themselves around here. remember though that sap only runs for a few weeks a year (a reason it is so expensive)
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

whodunit?

Quote from: goldpony on Mar 05, 2009, 11:41 PM
shit son, a syrup tap is only a couple of bucks (even cheaper to make). all you need now is an evaporation table and your set! if you go to the rural parts of my state, you'll see all kinds of "syrup shacks" literally a small shack in the woods with an evap table, usually run off propane. so many people make it themselves around here. remember though that sap only runs for a few weeks a year (a reason it is so expensive)

I've just eaten toasts with syrup. yummy!

what state are you from? vermont?

goldpony

ohio. try it in a curry, unbelieveable. i have a friend from canada that passed a recipe to me and at first i was skeptical, but WOW.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Starz

Syrup in a curry? PLEASE let me have that recepie!

lostpilot

Starz

Leftover shepard's pie from a week a go.

Corleone

defTHE1s

maple syrup + hot cakes with butter = FUCKING GREAT YUMMY!
I'M HUNGRY NOW!
honey is a bit sweaty than maple syrup though...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

defTHE1s

and i just have ate Shrimp soup, spaghetti, and "ceviche de pescado (fish)"... man!! i ate like a pig! i'm full!
ahhh and as a dessert, peach in its juice...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

tarkil

Ceviche is so good... You asshole !!!    ;)

Breakfast time for me now : cereals, toast, butter, etc.   :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

greenbug23

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 07, 2009, 06:17 AM

Breakfast time for me now : cereals, toast, butter, etc.   :)
ceviche, ive always wanted to try it, looks so bomb!!!

TheWatcher

ice cream

it taste soooooooo good.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Just ate a chicken enchilada.

Good shit.

For dinner last night I made a super tasty sandwich. Scrambled eggs with bacon in them on toasted bread with a wee bit of mayo and a wee bit of mustard. Such a good sammy.

Corleone

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

defTHE1s

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 07, 2009, 06:17 AM

Breakfast time for me now : cereals, toast, butter, etc.   :)
yeah! it was the best ceviche i've ever ate!!

now i'm having a delicious and cool "frappuchino" ... yummy!!

Starz

bright lights, big city

chicken salsa over whole wheat pasta. yum.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?