Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoda on mars

Quote from: Chrisbo on Sep 20, 2006, 03:06 PM
Hey Yoda, you got the new album yet?

no :( I've tried  to download it but megaupload says NO SLOTS AVAILABLE :(

EDIT: downloading  ;D

An bád dubh

I've also been getting into this band lately. Actually, more than just getting into, I really love this stuff. I hardly ever listen to music like this, but these guys are different, these guys make me nod my head.

Hey, could anyone upload the new album? I downloaded it from Albumbase but there is some sort of password protection on the file and the password which is displayed on teh site does not work for some reason.

Azwethinkweiz

'Colony of Birchmen' feat. Josh Homme is such an awesome song!

Chrisbo

I would upload the album, but my bro has the fricking CD and he's in Glasgow. Yoda, where are you downloading it from?

Anyhow, my favourite song on the new album is probably 'Sleeping Giant', I love that guitar pitch before the verse crashes in, so nice! 'Colony Of Birchmen' is ace as well!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

Mastodon's INTENSE.
Saw them at the Fields Of Rock festival.

Chrisbo

I hope they announce some Euro dates real soon. Like I said earlier I think once they've done the Japanese dates they're taking a month off (according to someone on the my space message board for them) and then doing a long European tour.

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Azwethinkweiz

i hope they come to denmark!

Chrisbo

I think I just died and this is the spirit of me typing just now

Mastodon have been con firmed to support Tool on their upcoming UK tour. The dates are Manchester MEN November 25, Glasgow SECC 25, London Wembley Arena 27, Cardiff International Arena 30, Nottingham Arena December 1.

http://www.totalrock.com/newsstory.php?id=EEVlluFpVkPdEjvJdM

I've read somewhere else that they're going to be doing the whole of the European tour, not just the UK.

This is the best gig ever, no shit, no shit! AGHGAFGAgfhJKL:HJFSHGHSKGKHGSFK :D :D :D ;D

tarkil

Damn... Too bad I will miss it... :'(

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Chrisbo on Sep 22, 2006, 10:22 PM
I think I just died and this is the spirit of me typing just now

Mastodon have been con firmed to support Tool on their upcoming UK tour. The dates are Manchester MEN November 25, Glasgow SECC 25, London Wembley Arena 27, Cardiff International Arena 30, Nottingham Arena December 1.

http://www.totalrock.com/newsstory.php?id=EEVlluFpVkPdEjvJdM

I've read somewhere else that they're going to be doing the whole of the European tour, not just the UK.

This is the best gig ever, no shit, no shit! AGHGAFGAgfhJKL:HJFSHGHSKGKHGSFK :D :D :D ;D

damn you chrisbo, you lucky fuck!

they HAVE to come to denmark. mastodon and tool...damn, what a killer show.

Jizzlobber

i dont wanna download it coz i read a Brann Dailor interview where he said, "Dont download it coz it will be shitty quality, and its a well packaged album worthy of parting with your cash"..that wasnt exactly what he said...but its pretty much what he was pointing out. i dont wanna hear that guys drums in shitty quality, coz he's too good, and the tracks on myspace that ive heard...really grab my balls and squeeze them very hard until my eyes water and and i start coughing!!
<

Chrisbo

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 23, 2006, 01:41 AMdamn you chrisbo, you lucky fuck!

they HAVE to come to denmark. mastodon and tool...damn, what a killer show.

Hehehe! Even if they dont come to Denmark, take a detour down into Germany, you cant miss this show man haha! I know that's easier said than done, but if you've got the cash then why not. Who knows maybe they'll announce more dates for the tour. Is there any big arenas in the ol' Denmarko?

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Sep 23, 2006, 12:43 PM
i dont wanna download it coz i read a Brann Dailor interview where he said, "Dont download it coz it will be shitty quality, and its a well packaged album worthy of parting with your cash"..that wasnt exactly what he said...but its pretty much what he was pointing out. i dont wanna hear that guys drums in shitty quality, coz he's too good, and the tracks on myspace that ive heard...really grab my balls and squeeze them very hard until my eyes water and and i start coughing!!

Yeah man, some copies come with a DVD which has a 45 minute documentary and a 'Capillarian Crest' video. The artwork is awesome as is per usual!

Talking of Capillarian Crest, that's a pretty god damn technical tune if ever I've heard one!

Azwethinkweiz

it's incredible how awesome Blood Mountain is. I cant remember last i've been so excited about a metal album/band, since i'm not really a metalhead.

the only song i dont like is Bladecatcher, other than that it's a totally flawless album and one of the best i've heard in years.

Teddy.

Bladecatcher is really odd I wonder what the story behind that one is.

Chrisbo

Bladecatcher is pretty damn wierd, but once you get past the scratch-y grindey bit it's quite catchy! I dont mind it at all!

So far for this year, in the best album stakes, Blood Mountain is battling with 10,000 Days in my eyes. Still need to wait and hear new Deftones and ISIS though.

Martin

Tool & Mastodon...wow...intense!

Chrisbo

yoda on mars

Sleeping Giants is one of their best songs, but I don't know who is singing. Cause I have a strange feeling that this is not their vocalist.

EDIT: shiiiiit! the whole record is amazing! I thought they can't do better thing than Leviathan.

JOV

Quote from: yoda on mars on Sep 24, 2006, 08:37 PM
Sleeping Giants is one of their best songs, but I don't know who is singing. Cause I have a strange feeling that this is not their vocalist.

Yeah its Brent and Troy singing on that one, only vocal guests are Scott Kelly on Crystal Skull, Josh Homme on Colony Of Birchmen, and Cedric on Siberian Divide.

Blood Mountain is amazing. Def one of the best cds of the year.

yoda on mars

I don't know when Cedric sings. The whole song!? or only screaming?

Circle Cysquatch is crazy.