Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Mastodon

Started by Chrisbo, Sep 13, 2006, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

for me, this is the best album, so far, this year.

incredible. i cant stop listening to it.

yoda on mars

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 24, 2006, 09:34 PM

I agree!

It's sooo perfect for autumn.

JOV

Quote from: yoda on mars on Sep 24, 2006, 09:33 PM
I don't know when Cedric sings. The whole song!? or only screaming?

I think he only make that noise on part starting on 1.47 (and same part later again).

yoda on mars

Quote from: JOV on Sep 24, 2006, 09:44 PM
Quote from: yoda on mars on Sep 24, 2006, 09:33 PM
I don't know when Cedric sings. The whole song!? or only screaming?

I think he only make that noise on part starting on 1.47 (and same part later again).

so it's sucks...

DredgTones

agreed their live show kicks ass.. On the latest Slayer/LOG tour I thought Mastadon outperformed both easily.. THeir drummer is soooo impressive being a drummer and all ..

Chrisbo

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 24, 2006, 09:34 PM

It's still battling 10,000 Days, but I think it's winning! What an achievment!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

yoda on mars

Chrisbo

Btw, the more I listen to Siberian Kiss, the more I think it could be Cedric singing the verse-line as well the screechy bit too, but it's like he's singing in a Mastodon way. I'm not too sure though

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

yoda on mars

yeah, I agree with you Chrisbo. But on teh other hand the only Cesdric characteristic voice can be heard during scraeming.

Chrisbo

Yeah, true! It is definitely him on the verse too though, it doesnt sound like brent or troy, the voice is well kinda too young sounding for them, so yeah that's him.

JOV

I think its definitely Troy on verse, maybe Cedric is doing some backing vocals somewhere, but i cant clearly hear him anywhere but on that part i mentioned earlier. Cant be 100% sure though, thats just what i hear. Probably some interview could confirm whats the truth  :)

Chrisbo

Quote from: JOV on Sep 29, 2006, 05:18 PM
I think its definitely Troy on verse

Hmmm...I dont think so, with the majority of Mastodons material Troy is the one who does most of the strained scream-y vocals (from what I remember live), and Brent does most of the clean vocal bits and some of the scream-y bits. But me personally, I dont think the verse vocals on that song sound like either of them. Ach well, who knows, the vocals are mostly obscure in that song, so I guess it could be any of them.

Jizzlobber

God Damn...."Bladecatcher" is the trippiest, coolest instrumental ever! ;D like it a lot, especially the outro part...they make me laugh coz they're so good. damn
<

Chrisbo

It's kinda like how the fuck can they be such talented musicians, and write such catchy and amazing tunes at the same time. Damn, in some ways I hate the bastards...I dont really, but you know what I mean.

yoda on mars

Quote from: Chrisbo on Oct 08, 2006, 01:50 AM
It's kinda like how the fuck can they be such talented musicians, and write such catchy and amazing tunes at the same time. Damn, in some ways I hate the bastards...I dont really, but you know what I mean.

jealous guy? ;)

skinnypuppy

after seeing mastodon live, I have come to the conclusion that mastodon>metallica

Azwethinkweiz

that's a pretty harsh statement.

Mastodon is definitely the 'metallica of our time', but they dont beat oldschool metallica.

skinnypuppy

if metallica threw in the towel a few years ago, I wouldnt have made such a statement. But yes, oldschool metallica beats most things.

Chrisbo

Quote from: yoda on mars on Oct 08, 2006, 10:45 PM
Quote from: Chrisbo on Oct 08, 2006, 01:50 AM

jealous guy? ;)

Haha, damn straight!

Jizzlobber

lol...im jealous too. and i havent seem them live yet!...so im looking forward to that. and if they are better than Metallica, they must be fookin awsome!
<