Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Royal Meaning?

Started by SX King, May 05, 2010, 07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SX King

I been listening to Royal and im really starting to think its about aliens lol. Its like he's saying come out of hiding and help us. I dunnoi  could be way off. Just thought i throw it out there.

There Will Be Blood

where do you buy your weed?

yeah

It's obvious in his question... He gets it from the aliens, royal quality.

SX King

Quote from: yeah on May 05, 2010, 07:47 AM
It's obvious in his question... He gets it from the aliens, royal quality.

Alien weed is pretty fucking fire.

wheresmysnare

Chino's lyrics IMO are never really about anything, they're written so as to allow interpretation, they sometimes allude to certain feelings/tastes/sensations/thoughts/imagery but it's not often they'll have a fixed narrative.

So basically, I would say your interpretation about aliens is perfectly valid, glad it means something to you.

aj

saltinut1

Quote from: Penicks on Mar 25, 2010, 06:09 PM
DEY ONLEY REALEASE DIDMAOND ASS N ROKET SKATE SO HWO DUD U GET IT??????
Quote from: Penicks on Jan 05, 2011, 05:01 PM
it sino bein sad cuz wendys woz al out of hambruges

Dienekes

Quote from: SX King on May 05, 2010, 07:39 AM
I been listening to Royal and im really starting to think its about aliens lol. Its like he's saying come out of hiding and help us. I dunnoi  could be way off. Just thought i throw it out there.

I think Royal is by far the easiest to interpret. I totally agree about the alien theory.

My take is that it talks about someone who wants contact and wants to get away from the Earth. Seems as though he hoped they would come and help us but the contact provoked. The narrator would rather leave than stay and feels that maybe he can help them make a future attempt. He is on thier team and the antidote.

Btw, I have thought this since I first read the official lyrics. I said so here: http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,16654.msg703908.html#msg703908

Great fucking song and imagery. It is on it's way to knocking Prince off as my favorite.

Subliminal

It's definitely about Extra-terrestrials. The 'Royal' bit is probably a hint towards the Royals being Reptilians.  ;)

janie13

Quote from: wheresmysnare on May 05, 2010, 12:58 PM
Chino's lyrics IMO are never really about anything, they're written so as to allow interpretation, they sometimes allude to certain feelings/tastes/sensations/thoughts/imagery but it's not often they'll have a fixed narrative.

So basically, I would say your interpretation about aliens is perfectly valid, glad it means something to you.

This is something that I get.  I don't get the whole trying to read into the words, when really, he has said on many occasions that it's really about the way the songs make you feel or how he felt about a particular situation.  I imagine that the only reason I totally get it is because we are both children of the 80's where this sort of thing was constant, especially for bands like Duran Duran and The Cure (my top 2 favorites btw).  So I completely agree with dude.  If you think it's about aliens then it's about aliens.

The only song that I feel has a clear meaning, or really a clear subject is 976-EVIL.

Dienekes

Quote from: Subliminal on May 05, 2010, 06:07 PM
It's definitely about Extra-terrestrials. The 'Royal' bit is probably a hint towards the Royals being Reptilians.  ;)

Anyone know the original title on the studio list?  I remember there was a song called "Sleestack". What was Royal?

Corleone

some type of alien wedding

:)

surgery

chino completely give in to the evil side of the force. We can always smoke.. bombs away. That sounds funny asf, i had to laugh