Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The new symbol...

Started by Dienekes, Apr 30, 2010, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dienekes

Anyone have any idea of the meaning. I see the diamonds, obviously. I wonder who came up with it. Going to get it tattooed soon...

There Will Be Blood

triforce symbol from Zelda

Dienekes

Hmm... They are calling it a "hexadiamond" on the website.

wax

Quote from: Dienekes on Apr 30, 2010, 10:58 AM
Anyone have any idea of the meaning. I see the diamonds, obviously. I wonder who came up with it. Going to get it tattooed soon...

way to get something tattooed on you you have no idea what it really means        i wasnt kidding when i posted my 1st response here like 4th comment down     do some research idiot
http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,16521.280.html

Dienekes

Quote from: wax on Apr 30, 2010, 04:33 PM
Quote from: Dienekes on Apr 30, 2010, 10:58 AM

way to get something tattooed on you you have no idea what it really means        i wasnt kidding when i posted my 1st response here like 4th comment down     do some research idiot

I read your post and now I know exactly what it is thanks to your incredible analysis. Right.
It is just a random amalgamation of symbols that looks cool.

Btw, send me a pic of you and I will get it tattooed on me. I have a perfect spot... My asshole could be your mouth.

fetisher

Worst sig, avatar, grammar, punctuation ever.

Dienekes

Quote from: fetisher on Apr 30, 2010, 05:17 PM

Worst sig, avatar, grammar, punctuation ever.

He is a thief too. He OBVIOUSLY stole his great grandma's owl brooch...

wax

Quote from: Dienekes on Apr 30, 2010, 05:03 PM

wrong   key word random        glad i can annoy so many of you  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Dienekes

Thanks Defsteve. Now Wax is going to tell us the difference between symbol and cymbal in lower case with no punctuation.  ;D

sing blue silver

Quote from: wax on Apr 30, 2010, 07:28 PM

you sir, are an idiot

Subliminal

wrong   key word random       glad i can annoy so many of you  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess that's the response you get from people who don't understand Symbolism. The two fighting deers clearly mean something also..

Dienekes

Quote from: Subliminal on Apr 30, 2010, 09:47 PM

I guess that's the response you get from people who don't understand Symbolism. The two fighting deers clearly mean something also..

I know the meaning of the two deer. Somebody thought it was cool and decorated their bar with it. Mystery solved. Sometimes you can read TOO much into things...

I personally think the "hexadiamond" does not really "mean" anything either. It clearly represents diamonds and a tear/water. Which ties in to the diamond eyes video and some of the album's themes. The pyramid with the all seeing eye could have something to do with "royal" which seems to be about contact with aliens.

My guess is someone in the band designed it (likely Chino) as it does tie in with the songs/themes. It has a very modern, spacy vibe. Chino has stated that the album has this space feel.

He should have told that dude who was meeting them to ask...

Subliminal

Quote from: Dienekes on Apr 30, 2010, 10:09 PM

I know the meaning of the two deer. Somebody thought it was cool and decorated their bar with it. Mystery solved. Sometimes you can read TOO much into things...

I personally think the "hexadiamond" does not really "mean" anything either. It clearly represents diamonds and a tear/water. Which ties in to the diamond eyes video and some of the album's themes. The pyramid with the all seeing eye could have something to do with "royal" which seems to be about contact with aliens.

My guess is someone in the band designed it (likely Chino) as it does tie in with the songs/themes. It has a very modern, spacy vibe. Chino has stated that the album has this space feel.

I never thought of Royal in that way actually, thanks for that!

The two deers fighting are symbolic of something, whether some guy decided to decorate his pub with it or not though.. lol

sing blue silver

you're looking for things that just plain are not there.

Subliminal

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 01, 2010, 12:32 AM
you're looking for things that just plain are not there.

Thanks dude, I truly value your opinion.

anguria

I stick to the Martini glass theory. 8)

Sushi-X

anyone have a scan of the just the symbol itself?

Rocket Skates '94

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Dienekes on Apr 30, 2010, 10:09 PM

Sort of wierd that there are what look like 'deer' in the s/t Hexagram art loving each other. Coincidence, idk but a Cali - bred band with deer in their artwork makes me wonder if they do symbolize anything.....

Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!