Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Requesting your help to make Like linus 2.0

Started by Deftones-argentina, Mar 14, 2008, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FEITICEIRA

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/58705/Linus--remastered-version--mp3.html

I did this before I knew someone decided to take on the project of remastering all the demos since I finally had the time. Just thought I'd share my version with you all, hope you like it. Compare it to the original and you'll hear a difference. I'll post the flac if anyone asks. 

get bored.

samson simpson

snw9

Quote from: FEITICEIRA on Apr 10, 2008, 04:37 AM
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/58705/Linus--remastered-version--mp3.html

I did this before I knew someone decided to take on the project of remastering all the demos since I finally had the time. Just thought I'd share my version with you all, hope you like it. Compare it to the original and you'll hear a difference. I'll post the flac if anyone asks. 

so i downloaded ur version and compared both...i can tell the difference..ur remastered version sounds cleaner and louder..i noticed the drums have gotten louder and u can hear the crash or the hyhat! the guitar sound louder and heavier and so does the bass.. good job! how did u do it though?
Code: [Select]

FEITICEIRA

I'm glad you noticed all the exact things that were my goal to correct in the mix haha. I used a mastering plug-in called Izotope Ozone and just messed with settings until I got the sound I was looking for. Here is the flac:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BUV528J

I think they sound great, I tested it out in my car and it fits on a mix CD quality wise fine.
I am using vadimo's source for the demo's, not the bootleg because they sound cleaner in my opinion. Though there are some tracks from '93 that are only from the actual demo CD (venison, freaks, ect), these tracks sound fine enough to remaster. I am in need of this tape, I never got it.

Folder: 1992 - 4 Songs Demo Tape
Info: Demo Tape > Kenwood Deck > PC line-in > Cool Edict Pro 2.1 record & EQ > WAV > FLAC
Songs: 01 - Like Linus / 02 - Hump / 03 - Some People / 04 - Plastic
get bored.

def-head

Quote from: FEITICEIRA on Apr 13, 2008, 03:39 AM
I am in need of this tape, I never got it.

Info: Demo Tape > Kenwood Deck > PC line-in > Cool Edict Pro 2.1 record & EQ > WAV > FLAC

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JDQPVN8V

FEITICEIRA

get bored.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: FEITICEIRA on Apr 13, 2008, 03:39 AM
I'm glad you noticed all the exact things that were my goal to correct in the mix haha. I used a mastering plug-in called Izotope Ozone and just messed with settings until I got the sound I was looking for. Here is the flac:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BUV528J

I think they sound great, I tested it out in my car and it fits on a mix CD quality wise fine.
I am using vadimo's source for the demo's, not the bootleg because they sound cleaner in my opinion. Though there are some tracks from '93 that are only from the actual demo CD (venison, freaks, ect), these tracks sound fine enough to remaster. I am in need of this tape, I never got it.

you know Feit (? ? ?), I actually compared both waveforms of the LL comp sourced flac and the .flac of this one, and my guess was that the only difference is that the second one has a  different EQ, so I guess they are from the same file.

pony_01

can i get "God's Hands" (remastered) as a single file? sendspace please.
thanks!

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: pony_01 on Apr 17, 2008, 05:53 PM
can i get "God's Hands" (remastered) as a single file? sendspace please.
thanks!

Look at the deftones D&R thread, you'll find it. It's time some of you hear a previow of the work in progress, don't you think so? Venison.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nniybtmnmzc

I'd like to hear some critics, so if you feel something isn't on its place just let me know, and I may fix it.

theshadeisatool

^^^

Wow. I just played that and then played both mp3 versions I have of Venison and it sounded brilliant. it sounded like it could have been recorded in the same sessions as Adenaline, its more to that quality. The bass was clearer, vocals clearer. Especially at the end. On the mp3 versions I have that last vocal by Chino sounds really garbled. But your version sounds very crisp. Well done and thanks.

Deftones-argentina

thanks for noticing it man. I'll tell you, some credit of the clarity goes to removing some db's to the highest frecuency bands; They not only have a really small part of sonic information (just part of the hi-hat and minor details), but are where the big part of the noise takes place. Oh, this and giving the sound more corpse, and shit. I opted not to use compresors, since I suspect it has already been overcompressed. I may use a limiter at the end of the proccess so that every track has the same volume.
-------------------------------------------------

SO today I woke up with lots of time and  did 4 more songs, now we have 10/18. and will remaster that unknown song that was posted @defsacto many years ago.

Since we're pushing to do a "bonus" dvd , I think somebody should do the menus, editing, and things. We should contact nuno to get his support and to help us with searching people that may collaborate (and obviously don't know about this forum); It would be nice to get pre-adrenaline images and such stuff. Hell, I've even contacted dominique (older bassist) to see if he could help us. I think an image collection for the dvd would make it a complete work.

Concerning to the video stuff, this is what some video collectors lists:

1990.xx.xx Guild theatre sacto
1994.03.28 Live Virginia Beach, VA
1994.04.30 Live Berkely Square - Berkeley, CA
1994.07.01 Live San Francisco, CA
1994.12.03 Live Cactus Club - San Jose, CA
1995.05.08 Live Nile Theater - Mesa, AZ

I think I have some tracks of the virginia one in mpeg, wouldn't mind at all using them. I could also audio-remaster those fuckers (any video remasters here? Then THAT would be really useful)

Ok, just discuss ideas.

hobbette

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
thanks for noticing it man. I'll tell you, some credit of the clarity goes to removing some db's to the highest frecuency bands; They not only have a really small part of sonic information (just part of the hi-hat and minor details), but are where the big part of the noise takes place. Oh, this and giving the sound more corpse, and shit. I opted not to use compresors, since I suspect it has already been overcompressed. I may use a limiter at the end of the proccess so that every track has the same volume.

Jeez if ever there was a post that went over my head it was that one ;)

Venision sounds great anyway. I've only listened to the original a handful of times but I remember the quality didn't sound this good! I look forward to hearing the rest :)

ignore the fashion

sounds like everyone has some awesome ideas, i'd love to help out in some way.

def-head

So I was going through some 96 shows today and found something I had forgotten about that I think is cool. Just a 30sec clip of Plese Let Me Get What I Want (live):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNDO82YG

Deftones-argentina

fucking lazy deftones that doesn't do songs entirely, yet thank you J.

And you Cesar, In my opinion you've contributed enough to the community that you should appear on the credits as a special mention amongst a few others.
--------------
Doing some more this weekend.

Nebontha

I have a demo of Hogburp Hop in .mp3 format (128kbps), among all the other Like Linus/pre-Adrenaline era demos, including God's Hands, Nosebleed, etc.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

slyartwork

Quote from: Nebontha on May 02, 2008, 05:02 PM
I have a demo of Hogburp Hop in .mp3 format (128kbps), among all the other Like Linus/pre-Adrenaline era demos, including God's Hands, Nosebleed, etc.

who doesn't?
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

snw9

do u have .flac format?

Quote from: slyartwork on May 03, 2008, 12:27 PM
Quote from: Nebontha on May 02, 2008, 05:02 PM

who doesn't?
Code: [Select]

FEITICEIRA

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Apr 14, 2008, 11:54 AM

you know Feit (? ? ?), I actually compared both waveforms of the LL comp sourced flac and the .flac of this one, and my guess was that the only difference is that the second one has a  different EQ, so I guess they are from the same file.

I don't know. Someone personally recorded directly from the tapes, and whoever made the LL comp recorded from tapes as well so they should be pretty similar I just thought the newer transfers sounded a tad clearer but it could be all in the EQ and the way the tapes were transferred.
get bored.

slyartwork

i have some silver discs with the demo's yeah.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com