Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chi Cheng benefit show

Started by Derek79, Oct 25, 2009, 05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek79

there is info on deftones.com & their facebook page, but the pic wont display??? can anyone read it???

Urantia23

Nov.19.2009
Avalon in Hollywood, Details coming this monday at deftones.com

Inkblades

There Will Be Blood

always in cali... i'm getting sick and tired of deftones playing the same cities over and over. They have fans here too you know In South Florida. Should be a great show, I love Chi....

mono

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Oct 25, 2009, 06:17 AM
always in cali... i'm getting sick and tired of deftones playing the same cities over and over. They have fans here too you know In South Florida. Should be a great show, I love Chi....

+1...same here in south america, now deftones play only in brazil....brazil isnĀ“t southamerica, fuck!

Slacker

about time, somebody should sponsor a series of this shows or maybe a little tour.

Deft_16_Ones

Cool lets hope I can find a perfect excuse to not go to work.

Far away

stoneFeD

lol why dont you all flly out ...i pay a ton of money to watch these cats cause they always play cali and prety much the west coast...you gotta make an effort. shit aint just gonna come to you

Vesanic

On November 2nd, 2008 our bass player and brother Chi Ling Cheng was involved in a horrific car accident which has left him in a semi-conscious state. In his journey to recovery, the Cheng family has accumulated an overwhelming amount of medical bills that insurance does not entirely cover.

As a result, we will begin our mission to raise significant funds to help ensure Chi's recovery by playing a benefit show at the Avalon in Hollywood, CA on 11/19. Tickets will go on-sale for our fans this Wednesday, 10/28 with a general on-sale to follow on Friday, 10/30. All proceeds will go to the Chi Ling Cheng Special Needs Trust that has been set up by the Cheng family to help pay for the growing medical costs required for Chi's survival and recovery.

In the event that you do not live in Los Angeles, or you don't end up getting a ticket for the show, we will be launching a series of online auctions, an online store and making available other opportunities for you to make a donation to the Trust. More details will come soon.

We have the best fans in the world and Chi values all of you greatly. Please continue to show your unwavering support by helping with this very important cause.

More details on this coming tomorrow.

Source: Deftones.com

We will be having a ticket pre-sale to A Benefit for Chi Cheng exclusively for our fans tomorrow, October 28th beginning at 12pm PST. The pre-sale password is CHIBENEFIT. All proceeds will benefit the Chi Cheng Special Needs Trust

Source: Deftones.com

ablackswan

They finally schedule a show
*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline

Jacob

it kinda ticks me off that it took a whole year before this started.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

pixElsblUr

Inkblades

So no other bands? Just Deftones?

nicklav

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 28, 2009, 08:41 PM
So no other bands? Just Deftones?

I'm fine with that as long as they play a 2 1/2 hour set. Just got my tickets, can't wait.

Vesanic

I think Deftones need to make it intimate, this time.

Inkblades

I definitely agree. I want to hear AOAUE live.

stoneFeD

Vesanic

Dai the flu would be a great shout out to Chi.

Hidalgo

weird it took over a year to play a benifit show, when they could have done 5-10 by now. really he needed massive amounts of money for the best care as early as possible(Cause the best chance of full recovery is within the first 4 months). but none of my binnis.