Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

NYC 5/13/11. Who's going and wants to multi cam???

Started by keilj07, Jan 10, 2011, 09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keilj07

Hello, I'm new here but a long time Deftones fan.  I'm excited to go see the boys again during the current headlining tour this year and am gauging the interest in the Deftones community to put together a great live fan shot / made video.  With technology where it is today, people have access to cameras that can capture high quality video, included HD cameras on their phones, making them easier to bring into venues (we've all seen and enjoyed live videos on youtube),  What we can do, is capture the band at there best.... kicking ass on stage... and make a kick ass video from it.  There's nothing like a Deftones show.  

Recently I worked on a Radiohead fan shot video / dvd that was a huge success and even had the band contribute the audio to the project: http://radiohead-prague.nataly.fr/.  Who knows, maybe it will happen again with Deftones.  This project, if people are interested, can get the same kind of treatment included a Blu Ray release.

So, the question is.. is anyone going to this show interested (I picked this show because I'll be there)?  Is anyone interested in doing a different show or doing snippets of the tour?  Is this a dumb idea?  Has it been done before with them?  no more questions please... hehe

Hope to build some interest and get the ball rolling.

Vesanic

sing blue silver

this would be great to see. i've always liked the look of multi cam from a crowd perspective. new york fans should get this shit happening.

keilj07

Yeah, I'm hoping we can pull it off.  The venue is a good size for such a thing too i think.

Are there any other Deftones forums that I should be looking at too you think?

Thanks guys!

Vesanic

Mmmh, no, it's the only place of that kind, really.

keilj07

good to know, thanks.

samson simpson

Quote from: keilj07 on Jan 10, 2011, 09:59 PM

Recently I worked on a Radiohead fan shot video / dvd that was a huge success and even had the band contribute the audio to the project: http://radiohead-prague.nataly.fr/.  Who knows, maybe it will happen again with Deftones.  This project, if people are interested, can get the same kind of treatment included a Blu Ray release.

Wow... that Radiohead show blew my mind when i first saw it and to this day is my favorite " bootleg " ever by any band by an audience shot source....

FUCKING GREAT JOB !
you made alot of fans happy and the way you and your team shared it was awesome..

as far as getting people from here to film for a show ..... good luck...

most of the people that go out of their way to capture a great recording of a Deftones show in the US ( it seems)  dont post here .

and if they did, they dont anymore because people ruin the original source they provide and hoard everything else without returning to the community the sharing aspect of the whole process in which they received their shows to begin with.

It is an awesome idea ..and the outcome would be great ( if done in the manner of http://radiohead-prague.nataly.fr )

but VERY unlikely with this bands trading and filming community..... Whoever would film the show or get access to footage thats filmed  from the show, would not share it on here . At most it would be shared via youtube or some site like that.

I would suggest to go to another forum in a torrent site that specializes in live shows ( Dimeadozen or ZombTorrents ..sites like that ) and post the same thread encouraging Deftones fans to tape .

Also if you could somehow make a way to generate some profit from the project ( if it gets done ) with the benefits going to Chi Cheng and his family,  I would totally ( like many fans on here and otherwise ) support it .

hope it gets done man and if I was in NY that week i would totally be down

good luck

mAscArA81

M1GHTY M4VS

would have been absolutely dope if this had happened to the cheng benefit shows. Anyway I hope your finding many contributors and if you present your idea to the defs I´m sure they´d love to help out.
Some sort of Teaser Video could be helpful in order to better influence the people.

keilj07

Wow... that Radiohead show blew my mind when i first saw it and to this day is my favorite " bootleg " ever by any band by an audience shot source....
FUCKING GREAT JOB !
you made alot of fans happy and the way you and your team shared it was awesome..
as far as getting people from here to film for a show ..... good luck...
most of the people that go out of their way to capture a great recording of a Deftones show in the US ( it seems)  dont post here .
and if they did, they dont anymore because people ruin the original source they provide and hoard everything else without returning to the community the sharing aspect of the whole process in which they received their shows to begin with.
It is an awesome idea ..and the outcome would be great ( if done in the manner of http://radiohead-prague.nataly.fr )
but VERY unlikely with this bands trading and filming community..... Whoever would film the show or get access to footage thats filmed  from the show, would not share it on here . At most it would be shared via youtube or some site like that.
I would suggest to go to another forum in a torrent site that specializes in live shows ( Dimeadozen or ZombTorrents ..sites like that ) and post the same thread encouraging Deftones fans to tape .
Also if you could somehow make a way to generate some profit from the project ( if it gets done ) with the benefits going to Chi Cheng and his family,  I would totally ( like many fans on here and otherwise ) support it .
hope it gets done man and if I was in NY that week i would totally be down
good luck
[/quote]

Very cool man, thanks.  I was really pleased with how the Radiohead project turned out and the overall response to it.  We never expected it to turn out so well.

And thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into those other sites.  For the other project, we had to contact a lot of people through youtube to get the original source of their videos but we did start with a good amount of tapers going into it from the various Radiohead forums... So I'm hoping I / WE can pull it off.  

Great idea for Chi!  I also had the thought of offering donations if the video can be completed properly.  This would probably be the best way to get the band involved and just be a good thing to do.  I hope the overall quality will be just as good... truthfully, i think it has a chance to be even better.

Also, IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE INVOLVED LET ME KNOW (sorry for the caps, just making it stick out... hehe).  The more people involved the better (though it doesn't take a lot which is good).  I would need some producers (ie: help securing tapers / footage, etc).  This can be done from any location (the Radiohead project only had 5 people involved from 4 different countries throughout completion).  Also, it's always good to have extra sets of eyes during the editing process to make sure it appeals to many.  Anyone who wants to contribute their time would be most appreciated, and it will be a lot of fun.

So lets do this!  Lets give back to the band we love and raise some money for Chi!

keilj07

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Jan 11, 2011, 03:30 PM
would have been absolutely dope if this had happened to the cheng benefit shows. Anyway I hope your finding many contributors and if you present your idea to the defs I´m sure they´d love to help out.
Some sort of Teaser Video could be helpful in order to better influence the people.

I know, i wish they made something with that footage they were taking those nights.  I'm wondering if i should try to contact the bad before going into it?  W/ the other project, we approached them after we did a bunch of edits and send them links to it, which won them over (unbelievably, hehe).  But, if I can get in touch before hand, and they're all for it... maybe we can get better access!  Maybe they would allow people to bring in cams like NIN did.... who knows.  But I'm wondering, what's the best way to get in touch?  We luckily had Radiohead's manager's email so that was surprisingly easily.  I'm guessing I would have to try and contact them through the management company, velvet hammer.?.?.?  

raynor

People in new york, help this guy out! That Radiohead thing turned out to be a huge success!

keilj07

Quote from: raynor on Jan 11, 2011, 04:47 PM
People in new york, help this guy out! That Radiohead thing turned out to be a huge success!

Thanks dude.  It doesn't even have to be solely New York, but I figured I'm going to be taping that night anyway.   It could be various songs from throughout the tour maybe, but I'm trying to get the pre production stage going.

M1GHTY M4VS

would be considerably easier if you go to a cali show imo, though msg is unique and is a big venue at a time.

Quote from: keilj07 on Jan 11, 2011, 03:43 PM

I know, i wish they made something with that footage they were taking those nights.  I'm wondering if i should try to contact the bad before going into it?  W/ the other project, we approached them after we did a bunch of edits and send them links to it, which won them over (unbelievably, hehe).  But, if I can get in touch before hand, and they're all for it... maybe we can get better access!  Maybe they would allow people to bring in cams like NIN did.... who knows.  But I'm wondering, what's the best way to get in touch?  We luckily had Radiohead's manager's email so that was surprisingly easily.  I'm guessing I would have to try and contact them through the management company, velvet hammer.?.?.? 

I´d say get a few supporters before at the garden then contact the band, not sure if velvet hammer is the right choice, but you sure could try, but contacting them for a particularly show and then nobody showing up resulting in a loss would be an epic flaw no one wants to see. Just sayin´ as there are usually not more than 5 angles at max from a show even the biggest, and you´ve to seperate great from inferior quality which of course come up on some stages of taping. Though we had considerably much pro footage for 2009/2010 around.

keilj07

yeah, cali would prob be better.  these shows in nyc aren't at the garden either, at best buy theatre which i believe used to be nokia theatre.  i saw them there before and it was killer, so i think it's a good atmosphere... plus i don't think i can make it out to cali.  though i don't have to be there of course, just need to create interest in filming for a purpose.  the more shooters the better as there's always a lot to leave on the cutting room floor.

there's still a lot of time though.  i think i'm going to throw out a feeler to the one love for chi folks and see if they think it's a good idea with all donations going to chi.  i work at a post production facility so i have access to high end cameras, but there's something special about fan shot footage imo.  

it's worth a shot, and if i fail so be it... i'm one for one so far, hehehe

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Jan 11, 2011, 06:55 PM
would be considerably easier if you go to a cali show imo, though msg is unique and is a big venue at a time.

Quote from: keilj07 on Jan 11, 2011, 03:43 PM

I know, i wish they made something with that footage they were taking those nights.  I'm wondering if i should try to contact the bad before going into it?  W/ the other project, we approached them after we did a bunch of edits and send them links to it, which won them over (unbelievably, hehe).  But, if I can get in touch before hand, and they're all for it... maybe we can get better access!  Maybe they would allow people to bring in cams like NIN did.... who knows.  But I'm wondering, what's the best way to get in touch?  We luckily had Radiohead's manager's email so that was surprisingly easily.  I'm guessing I would have to try and contact them through the management company, velvet hammer.?.?.?  

I´d say get a few supporters before at the garden then contact the band, not sure if velvet hammer is the right choice, but you sure could try, but contacting them for a particularly show and then nobody showing up resulting in a loss would be an epic flaw no one wants to see. Just sayin´ as there are usually not more than 5 angles at max from a show even the biggest, and you´ve to seperate great from inferior quality which of course come up on some stages of taping. Though we had considerably much pro footage for 2009/2010 around.

vinsanity

Hope you can make, i'm sure Gina and all Chi family  will welcome this =)
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

deftfan

that will be awesome! you can make a great DVD Deftones show :)

keilj07

doh... just realized i used the wrong date... it's 5/13/11.  oh well, still going on

keilj07

Just an update if anyone is following, we got a good amount of people interesting in filming... so on schedule.   

Still need to get through to the band / one love for chi...

Balthazard

just checked the radiohead concert , the same thing for the deftones concert would be fucking awesome ... hope it happens