Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Expectations on the NEXT Deftones album??

Started by DAFTPUNK87, Nov 09, 2012, 04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAFTPUNK87

I realize it's very early, Koi No Yokan just graced us with it's beautiful presence. But it's got me curious as to what their next album will sound like? What are your thoughts?!

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

scatterbrain

Really....lets not get ahead of ourselves now.honestlly,this is ridiculous. This fucking thing will become 5000 pages of bullshit by the time they start recording.
God help me....

Two more hours........
im me and thats all ill ever be

m1nusblindfoLd

It's not a bad thread. Now that we are getting a feel for their current sound and direction, it's weird and cool to wonder what the next one will be like. Similar to KNY? Different once again and not fully comparable to a previous album's sound?

I think it will be another progression...somewhat similar to the last few albums, mostly KNY, but with its own newness and differences to it just like this time. Gotta wonder...

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 09, 2012, 06:06 AM
It's not a bad thread. Now that we are getting a feel for their current sound and direction, it's weird and cool to wonder what the next one will be like. Similar to KNY? Different once again and not fully comparable to a previous album's sound?

I think it will be another progression...somewhat similar to the last few albums, mostly KNY, but with its own newness and differences to it just like this time. Gotta wonder...

thanks for not being a debby downer. I already stated at the beginning that it's obviously early.. but I'm curious as to what their next album might sound like. What direction they're going to take. SPECULATE don't BITCH people

I think after this PALMS album drops, along with a new Team Sleep, & Crosses EP/album (maybe).. We'll get a better clue as to what Chino has up his sleeve.. but that's not to say those bands will bleed into Deftones.

I think the next album will be a little less aggressive than Koi No Yokan is.

ignore the fashion

i think its WAY too early for this kind of discussion now. Who knows what state of mind they will be in when they do decided to record another album.  I believe many factors are involved when it comes to recording an album.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Nov 09, 2012, 06:16 AM
i think its WAY too early for this kind of discussion now. Who knows what state of mind they will be in when they do decided to record another album.  I believe many factors are involved when it comes to recording an album.

True, but on the other hand, this is a Deftones discussion forum.
It's a completely logical topic to be discussed..

scatterbrain

I realize you stated it was early,I'm not here to hate,do what you will,that's just my opinion.I mean KNY leakead like 48 hours ago and that's what ran through my head.I will let kny set with me before I make expectations on the next release,shit ill give it a couple years before I think about it.I don't know,kind of greedy to be thinking about it allready.do what you will.I suspect this may get locked,well see.to each there own.continue on..........
im me and thats all ill ever be

DeftonesNZ

I don't know it's way to early to speculate anything could happen i just imagine it will be uniquely Deftones and something different to KNY  and i'll like it

JVell

I used to be interested in predicting where Deftones would take their songwriting - really, I used to love trying to guess. After listening to this album, I know realize it's pointless. I have just whittled my expectations down to hoping and praying for another album. It's never guaranteed and I never want to take this band and their music for granted.

DAFTPUNK87

You're right, it is a bit early.
Oh well, at least the thread is here for those that want to discuss what their next evolutionary step is for when that time comes.

TheShade1989

None of us can say. Hell, even Deftones have no idea what kinda music they'll be making in two yrs. None of their albums sound like a part two of any (in my opinion), so I'd like to think they'd once again make another album that has them doing new things, but still having all the elements and influences of their old album. But they've made a lotta albums, so I wonder how many times you can do that before you run outta new things to do. I think their majority-aggressive or majority-dark days of music are over though.

x Rx King x

sing blue silver

lostpilot

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 09, 2012, 08:57 PM
Quote from: x Rx King x on Nov 09, 2012, 12:58 PM
Eros

This and then the silent sound of retirement.

This actually makes quite a lot of sense.
I still see EROS like the masterpiece that they never got to release because of some crazy circumstances. Fate? Who knows, could be. But I like when bands go out with a bang..

epistaxis

^I agree. +one more album with Terry Date maybe.
When does their contract with Warner end by the way?

deftoner664

I think Steph will become more active with his solo technique because, he's at the point where he's trying to raise the bar with his playing... Which he obviously tried to do on Entombed, plus a nice little melody lead on Swerve city.. As far as what the sound will be... I have no idea, I just know once they start writing they will try even harder to top what they did on Koi No Yokan. If you like KNY or not, they did damn good job as far as song structure/composition.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

White Wrist

As long as Terry is back...something.

And no more singing style like KNY.