Black Stallion (White Pony remix album)

Started by Vesanic, Jun 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

high resolution scanning of the original film probably

Vesanic

Quote from: Penicks on Dec 21, 2020, 10:54 AM
high resolution scanning of the original film probably

Yeah. When WDR aired that compilation of Bizarre Festival footage last year, Be Quiet and Drive was impeccable, more so than the broadcast we got in the 90s.

Hidalgo

black stallion failed to make the billboard 200 in it's first week. oh well

Draken

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 22, 2020, 12:32 PM

oof

Well I don't think they went hard enough, they left off two tracks from their classic album, and there was nothing about it to say "deluxe" version.  The remixes were eh, and I don't know why they chose some of the artists to remix them. Like why Trevor Jackson? The remix video and remix itself for Change was surprisingly good, I will say. I just wish they might have had more than one remix per song. Feiticeira needed another take.

aj

Quote from: Draken on Dec 22, 2020, 07:39 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 22, 2020, 12:32 PM

oof

Well I don't think they went hard enough, they left off two tracks from their classic album, and there was nothing about it to say "deluxe" version.  The remixes were eh, and I don't know why they chose some of the artists to remix them. Like why Trevor Jackson? The remix video and remix itself for Change was surprisingly good, I will say. I just wish they might have had more than one remix per song. Feiticeira needed another take.

Which two tracks? The "classic" album has 11 tracks starting with Feiteceira. 12 tracks if you include the Boys Republic.

Visionz

Might be including BTS..... dont know why though as it wasn't on the classic (first release) if i temember right. Neither was TBR. Was on a limited edition in a red plastic case. I have them all somewhere. White, silver and red

sharinglungs

Quote from: Visionz on Dec 24, 2020, 07:06 PM
Might be including BTS..... dont know why though as it wasn't on the classic (first release) if i temember right. Neither was TBR. Was on a limited edition in a red plastic case. I have them all somewhere. White, silver and red

Don't forget black

Draken

If you're going to call it a "20th anniversary deluxe version" then it should contain all of the songs from every edition. I still consider BTS and TBR part of the album even though they weren't on the first release. The only thing I could compare it to would be kinda like Joy Division re releasing their album Closer's anniversary edition without including Love Will Tear Us Apart.

The initial release was the silver/grey cover and had the 11 classic tracks, they also released two limited edition versions at that time; one black and one red that contained TBR but not BTS. They later released the white version that had BTS but no TBR. I have all of them in storage. Then there is also the digital blue version from Itunes and if I'm not mistaken there are some different vocals throughout. Some members here were talking about it but I can't remember exactly. There are different vocals in Passenger on this release, I know that for certain.

B_S_79

Quote from: Draken on Dec 24, 2020, 08:38 PM
If you're going to call it a "20th anniversary deluxe version" then it should contain all of the songs from every edition. I still consider BTS and TBR part of the album even though they weren't on the first release. The only thing I could compare it to would be kinda like Joy Division re releasing their album Closer's anniversary edition without including Love Will Tear Us Apart.

The initial release was the silver/grey cover and had the 11 classic tracks, they also released two limited edition versions at that time; one black and one red that contained TBR but not BTS. They later released the white version that had BTS but no TBR. I have all of them in storage. Then there is also the digital blue version from Itunes and if I'm not mistaken there are some different vocals throughout. Some members here were talking about it but I can't remember exactly. There are different vocals in Passenger on this release, I know that for certain.

I literally JUST noticed this while driving in my car today - the vocals at the end of Passenger, and then the voiceover at the end of Pink Maggit.

TOTALLY caught me by surprise and a complete "what the fuck" moment for me.

If this stuff is buried in the original mix, I've never heard it before.  I'll have to listen to the remastered version from beginning to end to see if there's more of these nuances I missed.

Happy  Holidays to everyone!

Vesanic

Those deets definitely aren't in the original Pony.

They are however present in the Studio Collection release from 2016. I'm pretty sure that's the version they used on the WPxBS release.

The Studio Collection has some other differences like that. "Hole in the Earth" has the "I hate all of my friends" line removed, "Lhabia" has four measures in the breakdown instead of three, etc.

mono

Someone uploaded this to a FB page. It's cool that the cds come in the same packaging and not as the red digipack version

Visionz

In 2000 i had a giant poster of that lithograph and didnt take it down until my now wife moved in back in 2010. I hope i have it somewhere. Anyone else have it? It said Deftones in olive green and maybe said white piny with the globe same color

Hidalgo

Quote from: Visionz on Feb 01, 2021, 10:15 PM
In 2000 i had a giant poster of that lithograph and didnt take it down until my now wife moved in back in 2010. I hope i have it somewhere. Anyone else have it? It said Deftones in olive green and maybe said white piny with the globe same color
yes, i still  have the one i bought in late 2000. it's the best deftones poster they made imo

Visionz

Yeah, Abe with the knife really makes it. Knife Party

Inkblades

Draken

June seems so far away, I'm anxious to hear these remixes. I love Telefon Tel Aviv, their remix of NIN's Even Deeper was awesome.

LG95

Way better than DJ Shadow's in my opinion.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

Inkblades

Quote from: LG95 on Jun 16, 2021, 11:00 PM
Way better than DJ Shadow's in my opinion.

Yeah, Shadow's version tried to take the song in too different of a direction. Slapping a weak trap beat with some random electronic noises at the end behind Chino's vocals doesn't work or fit at all. TTA's version understands the melancholic mood of the original much more.