Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Adding/changing your profile picture

Started by Vesanic, Aug 14, 2020, 02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

New format of SharingLungs has seen all of our previous avatars gone.

I. How do I change my profile picture?

1) Direct your cursor to "PROFILE" on top right of the page
2) Click "Forum profile"
3) There, you have three options for your avatar:
    a) no avatar
    b) select an avatar from the forum gallery
    c) Import your own avatar using a link directing to the image you want. (Sadly, SharingLungs does not feature the option to import the file directly)

II. The picture I want to use is not anywhere online, therefore I cannot use a link to update my picture. What do I do?

1) You want to make sure your picture will display exactly the way you want. You're going to need to make sure that the focus point of your image/picture is exactly at the center of it (for example: a face). You can easily get that done by using built-in picture editors on Windows.
2) Now to make it available online. You can do that by using any kind of image hosting website. Then grab the link the website will give you, and pop it in your settings. If it doesn't work, try another website. What you can do is uploading the picture as a "For me only" post on facebook, and then grab the image link (it should be the PICTURE link, not the POST link!). Finally, once you have entered the URL in your settings, click "CHANGE PROFILE" at the bottom right of the page.

III. How do I know the link I'm going to use is going to stay up for as long as I need, and keep my profile picture up in the process?

That is up to how you manage your upload. Most image hosting websites will let you choose how long you want to keep your image uploaded. If you use an image that you didn't upload yourself, you're going to need to make sure that picture stays up. This is why I recommend uploading the picture yourself to a place you know it will stay up.

IV. Can I use any picture?

It was always a unwritten rule that anything hateful or severely explicit will not be tolerated.