Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Death/Black/"Extreme" Metal

Started by oldgentlovecraft, Jan 02, 2007, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 12, 2010, 10:26 PM
there are actually a few Bohren fans on here. they are indeed a great band, i love that whole "Sunset Mission" album.

and i liked what i heard from Goatsnake, i'm gonna check out some of their other material now.

I figured the Bohren had been posted, but I normally don't pay attention to many recommendations because my taste and those on the board are usually a bit different.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

tarkil

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
And some awesome dark jazz. Even though it's not metal, it still holds that vibe I've been into. I'd post these in the Unknown Band thread, but there is too much hippy shit there lol.

lolz...  :)

the Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble is great indeed ! I discovered them few months ago, they're awesome...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: tarkil on Jul 13, 2010, 06:31 AM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jul 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
And some awesome dark jazz. Even though it's not metal, it still holds that vibe I've been into. I'd post these in the Unknown Band thread, but there is too much hippy shit there lol.

lolz...  :)

the Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble is great indeed ! I discovered them few months ago, they're awesome...

Yeah, I hadn't heard of them, but when I was looking up Bohren I found them as well. Good find.

oldgentlovecraft

Fuck, just got around to digesting Swallow the Sun's new album and I am loving it!  Anyone else like the new shit?

bright lights, big city

LOVE their new shit. Almost as good as Ghosts of Loss (my personal favorite).
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/08/25/the-contortionist-exoplanet-i-ii-iii-song-premieres/

The Contortionist has been a band that I enjoyed listening to mainly because they know how to bring the HEAVY. But now I've heard about 5 songs off their new one, and each one is impressive. Their sound has really matured (metallically).
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Not bad at all!  How much stuff do they have?

On the down side, I just read about Nergal being diagnosed with Leukemia. Fuck.

bright lights, big city

yeah that really is terrible. needing a bone marrow transplant is one of the worst things i could imagine needing. i read on theprp that his fiancee donated, but then that they're not even sure she's a match.

as far as The Contortionist goes, their new one is out next week. They have 2 EPs too
http://www.mediafire.com/?tabv47xs3mr
http://www.mediafire.com/?htjd3r511ec

and since I just came across this leak, thought I might as well post it here while I'm at it.
Cephalic Carnage - Misled By Certainty
http://www.mediafire.com/?1s3wo6vt0r8551r
DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

DERP

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

black coffee

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lukas989

Hello there - lack of links, apologies - well worth tapping these names into myspace but (maybe I'll add links to coincide with demand..):

Candiria (Im sure several know of em, but just in case...these guys are da bomb)
The Handshake Murders
A Life Once Lost
Byzantine
Car Bomb

I like math - above is the proof.  enjoy.

bright lights, big city

all good shit man! I didn't even know Handshake Murders was around anymore. I saw them a few years ago, bought their album, then didn't anything from them since.
DERP

lukas989

Ah cool - a co-conspirator :)  Yeah, THM are still in existence - in fact prepping a new album as we speak....and not a moment too soon by golly (good math is tough to write I guess :D) - theres a couple of demos up at their myspace page.  They seem to have adopted a bit more of a straight ahead approach on em, which is all fine and well, but encouragingly the videos they have up of studio progress suggest drum patterns that further boggle the mind.  Plus ALOL are also in the process of record creating - exciting times.  Please fire back you're own math faves - always on the lookout to expand my collection of 'how the fuck do they do that' type records.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: lukas989 on Sep 27, 2010, 11:07 PM
Hello there - lack of links, apologies - well worth tapping these names into myspace but (maybe I'll add links to coincide with demand..):

Candiria (Im sure several know of em, but just in case...these guys are da bomb)
The Handshake Murders
A Life Once Lost
Byzantine
Car Bomb

I like math - above is the proof.  enjoy.

Haven't listened to Candiria in ages, but not a bad band. If you like Byzantine try Susperia, and A Life Once Lost was wicked, even though Iron Gag was an odd shift for them.

lukas989

The early to mid life of  Candiria is definitely the stuff to check out - the Process of Development being a lofty peak if anyone is interested in examining further.  I agree Iron Gag was a strange direction...cant help but think there was pressure from somewhere to make their sound more accessible or something.  I saw them on both their ventures over here to Scotland, and got gabbing to Justin (drummer) afterwards - he seemed a little defensive at the mention of Iron Gag (think I asked him how it was selling or had been received or something...I was a touch liquored up at the time), which indicated it was kind of failing for them.  They're sans record label at the moment, which throws weight behind that it seems, but a new tune is up on myspace and definitely seems to signal a return to old, which for me anyway is really exciting.  Groovy math is shit hot sound.