Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

demo 5

Started by Inkblades, Jan 14, 2008, 07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

those demos are the past, as much as i like some of them i think we'll never see anymore from them besides what we already have.

forgot about them and move on.

i think if something more were to come from them we'd already have it.

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

neutron liar

lol

:holds out for Finger of Death:

st3v3n_g

^ Stef has already been quoted as saying that Finger of Death won't be re-worked into a real recording because "Chino won't do anything with it."  I wish they'd at least take the recording of it from the September 30 2004, Anaheim, CA show and include it as a bonus track on a single, import, or a "B-Sides & Rarities II" collection (which I realize is way off) or something.  Most bands record most if not all shows from their tours from the soundboard so all it would take is a little mixing and mastering and they could finally close the chapter on that song in a good light, IMO.  The best recording available is the audience bootleg remaster that our friend Deftones-argentina did.

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

st3v3n_g

Just a random thought I had.  I wish that there would have been a mass rough mix / early demo collection leak of the White Pony and self-titled sessions. 

Some of you may remember when about less than a year after System of a Down's Toxicity was released, an album's worth of unused material leaked, hence the decision to release them in a properly formatted album called 'Steal This Album!'  (I thought it was neat how they used no cover art and the CD itself looked like a burned CD-R that someone wrote on with a marker)

But as the Internet Age progresses, incident's with band's music such as what happened with Saturday Night Wrist is bound to happen more and more often, I just think it'd be neat to hear some of Deftones' older tunes in-the-raw.

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken