Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Earth Hour 2009 (TONIGHT!)

Started by 13hourstoparadise, Mar 28, 2009, 08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I don't think that one hour of zero energy use would show up on my bill at all.

People are just ass holes.  I obviously attract the kind of ( unfortunately ) stereotypical right wing conservative Sean Hannity loving personalities.  And they always get all offended when I talk about recycling or conserving energy or electric cars or whatever.  I'm like, " what on earth is the down side of taking better care of our planet?  Regardless of if global warming is true or not?" None of them ever answer.  But they go on just as ignorant as ever anyways.  Seriously, what does it hurt to turn the lights off when you leave a room?  Good people too.  Just some people are so stuck in one frame of mind, and its really hard to break. 

GOD, you should see the rage in their eyes when I say Jesus wasn't real.  lol. Today my friend called me out and said I was being blasphemous because I was going to put muslim on my dog tags so that I dont get beheaded if I get captured.  I was like " I can't blasphemies god if he isn't real" He just covered his ears and walked out the room.  Lol, I know that has nothing to do with anything.  Just thought I would share.

Back to people doing the absolute minimum to feeling good about themselves.

one weak

where i live, the walk/ride your bike/take public transportation to work day has been by far more successful in raising awareness about energy consumption than earth hour...at least in my opinion. perhaps only because it is more widely reported on, and actively visible than turning off power, but it seems to have more of an effect.

in my opinion, society today is fucking retarded when it comes to the most simple of ways to contribute to the planet. recycle your paper, plastics, aluminum, etc. ride a bike or take a bus to your job if it's feasible and available. turn off your electronics when not in use. most important, educate yourself about what you use and where you get. stop shopping at walmart and buy locally those products that can be bought locally.

it would only take about 5-10 extra minutes a week to perform these simple functions that should be routine anyway.

defTHE1s

Quote from: one weak on Apr 08, 2009, 04:39 AM
it would only take about 5-10 extra minutes a week to perform these simple functions that should be routine anyway.
you're right!

Quote from: Variable on Apr 04, 2009, 12:34 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 03, 2009, 05:24 PM
what the hell...
being in vegas isn't goin to hel tho...
i don't want to make difference anyways...
are you trying to say that I'm going to hell for being in Vegas?  Because I'm going back tonight.  Maybe Lucifer has a special layer for  nefarious souls like mine.
jajaja no.. i meant "help" instead of hell... but what the hell.. have a nice time there in vegas!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

13hourstoparadise

Cool, glad someone follows me...