Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!

Started by theis, Jun 25, 2009, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Really sad......
Thanks god it's no Chi, but it really saddens me...

Rest In Peace Michael Jackson... :(

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Fireal1222

yeah. this came out of nowhere. its never good news hearing something like this

rip michael

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

defskull

Quote from: shine down unshy on Jun 25, 2009, 11:06 PM
Quote from: defskull on Jun 25, 2009, 11:01 PM
Local radio station that doesn't have any Michael Jackson on hand but wanted to pay tribute to him decided to play "Hole In The Earth".  I thought that was neat and a different interpretation of the song than I had.

what station was this?  101x?

Yep. From Austin?

And I thought everyone should consider watching MTV right now.  They are playing what made that channel relevant in the first place:  Michael fucking Jackson.

shine down unshy

Yessir.

Gonna tune into MTV now..it's been a while.

devilinside

I'm soo incredibly sad about this. :( This was my first concert ever.  :'(

ToneDef

Shocking. The first time I've felt sick on news of a celebrity dying. I was so stunned. I was holding out that CNN were right and it was just a coma but fuck man.

oldgentlovecraft

samson simpson

I will miss his talent  and i hope hes finally happy

ben

in a way, we killed this dude.  I guess I'm one of the few that believe the dude was just a kid in a man's body who never jerked boys off...

rock_n_frost

Quote from: defTHE1s on Jun 25, 2009, 11:25 PM
Really sad......
Thanks god it's no Chi, but it really saddens me...

dont say it maaaan
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

TheWatcher

black coffee

R.I.P

for those interested, in Efnet / channel #Altrock you canfind the entire Michael Jackson discography.

Variable

Are you guys all crazy?  He fucked little boys.  Fuck him

Jizzlobber

its funny but im not really surprised...he's been in pretty terrible condition for a human being for many years now..you cant tell me all those operations did any good for his health.

none the less, its sad, he was , and IS a legend. its a terrible loss to teh music biz

R.I.P wacko jacko
<

devilinside

Keep in mind,no matter how creepy he was and no matter what stupid shit he did,some of your idols admire the crap outta him. And before he was a freak,he was an awesome musician that paved the way for many artists. All celebrities/sports stars are child molesters,wife beaters,spouse killers,theives,alcoholics,drug addicts,adulterers.... if we based our admiration of people by the way they lived their lives,we'd have nobody to admire. With that said,I do not condone child molestation. But I do blame his horrible childhood on the person he became. /rant

theis

There are two things to say about him. He was a musical genius; and he was an abused child. By abuse, I do not mean sexual abuse; I mean he was used brutally and callously for money, and clearly imprisoned by a tyrannical father. He had no real childhood and spent much of his later life struggling to get one. He was spiritually and psychologically raped at a very early age - and never recovered. Watching him change his race, his age, and almost his gender, you saw a tortured soul seeking what the rest of us take for granted: a normal life.
But he had no compass to find one; no real friends to support and advise him; and money and fame imprisoned him in the delusions of narcissism and self-indulgence. Of course, he bears responsibility for his bizarre life. But the damage done to him by his own family and then by all those motivated more by money and power than by faith and love was irreparable in the end. He died a while ago. He remained for so long a walking human shell.
I loved his music. His young voice was almost a miracle, his poise in retrospect eery, his joy, tempered by pain, often unbearably uplifting. He made the greatest music video of all time; and he made some of the greatest records of all time. He was everything our culture worships; and yet he was obviously desperately unhappy, tortured, afraid and alone.
I grieve for him; but I also grieve for the culture that created and destroyed him. That culture is ours' and it is a lethal and brutal one: with fame and celebrity as its core values, with money as its sole motive, it chewed this child up and spat him out.
I hope he has the peace now he never had in his life. And I pray that such genius will not be so abused again.
- Andrew Sullivan

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 26, 2009, 08:21 AM
There are two things to say about him. He was a musical genius; and he was an abused child. By abuse, I do not mean sexual abuse; I mean he was used brutally and callously for money, and clearly imprisoned by a tyrannical father. He had no real childhood and spent much of his later life struggling to get one. He was spiritually and psychologically raped at a very early age - and never recovered. Watching him change his race, his age, and almost his gender, you saw a tortured soul seeking what the rest of us take for granted: a normal life.
But he had no compass to find one; no real friends to support and advise him; and money and fame imprisoned him in the delusions of narcissism and self-indulgence. Of course, he bears responsibility for his bizarre life. But the damage done to him by his own family and then by all those motivated more by money and power than by faith and love was irreparable in the end. He died a while ago. He remained for so long a walking human shell.
I loved his music. His young voice was almost a miracle, his poise in retrospect eery, his joy, tempered by pain, often unbearably uplifting. He made the greatest music video of all time; and he made some of the greatest records of all time. He was everything our culture worships; and yet he was obviously desperately unhappy, tortured, afraid and alone.
I grieve for him; but I also grieve for the culture that created and destroyed him. That culture is ours' and it is a lethal and brutal one: with fame and celebrity as its core values, with money as its sole motive, it chewed this child up and spat him out.
I hope he has the peace now he never had in his life. And I pray that such genius will not be so abused again.
- Andrew Sullivan

oh i thought you said it..
completly agreed..

also no one is perfect..
everyone made a big mistake, arent you..
and that child fuck thing is not completly clear, he can be innocent

and also his 30 years life was so hard cause of his popularty..

yes he deserve to die (in positive meaning)
but not now..
after his reborn...(the new tours and the new album)
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

theis

The child molestation allegations were clearly the result of money-hungry parents who saw an opportunity in earning some quick millions. As if ANY parent with love for their child would settle for an amount of money IF their child really had been molested.
It's bullshit.

lostpilot

even though this is quite tragic, unexpected, and I respect MJ for his musical career (man oh man - Billie Jean), still, lets not make SUCH a big fuss about it. it will become the hype of the season. if the Obama was the hype of the last season, MJ's death will be this.

nonetheless, rip

wither-I

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 26, 2009, 08:21 AM
- Andrew Sullivan

very good statement. it happens to so many, it always has... the kingdom will round your ears and slant your eyes

"coming into the nearness of distance"