Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

people are people

Inkblades

N0S3BLEED976

Red Pill

I'm sorry you're so pathetic that you don't know how pathetic thrice really are. Maybe thrice shits on you. Don't shit me!

BewareTheWater

Man, all I've ever seen you do on here is talk shit. Don't see what the problem is with Thrice . Don't they and Deftones go way back ?

Inkblades

Quote from: Red Pill on Feb 27, 2017, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry you're so pathetic that you don't know how pathetic thrice really are. Maybe thrice shits on you. Don't shit me!

No, they definitely shit on your life. Thrice has a discography of amazing albums. What do you have in comparison? Nothing. Hence, they shit on your life. Literally. They are dripping Black Honey all over your face as we speak. Just let it happen.

All jokes aside, liking Deftones but not liking Thrice doesn't compute to me. In a lot of ways, they are very similar. Both are bands that went way beyond their respective beginning scenes (nu-metal for Deftones, post-hardcore for Thrice) to make wide-ranging, border-pushing music. Maybe it's an unfair comparison, but I've always looked at Thrice as a post-hardcore version of Deftones.

BewareTheWater

Which is funny , considering Deftones have often dabbled in Post Hardcore-ish sounds before as well.

Red Pill

BewareTheWater

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Feb 27, 2017, 07:36 PM
Man, all I've ever seen you do on here is talk shit. Don't see what the problem is with Thrice . Don't they and Deftones go way back ?

Red Pill

Inkblades

Quote from: BewareTheWater on Feb 27, 2017, 08:19 PM
Which is funny , considering Deftones have often dabbled in Post Hardcore-ish sounds before as well.

Definitely, just like how Thrice has dabbled in some Deftones-ish sounds on songs like Firebreather.

Inkblades

Well, more than just that. White Pony is pretty much the template Thrice followed for Vheissu.

TheRealist

Thrice is the lost twin that Deftones been searching for their whole life. Although the Tones are my favorite band I reckon that Thrice catalog is more interesting.

That said it's times like these that I wish I was american, these kind of tours never get to Europe.

Enviado do meu MEO Smart A75 através de Tapatalk

Bifrost

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 27, 2017, 08:02 PM

No, they definitely shit on your life. Thrice has a discography of amazing albums. What do you have in comparison? Nothing. Hence, they shit on your life. Literally. They are dripping Black Honey all over your face as we speak. Just let it happen.

All jokes aside, liking Deftones but not liking Thrice doesn't compute to me. In a lot of ways, they are very similar. Both are bands that went way beyond their respective beginning scenes (nu-metal for Deftones, post-hardcore for Thrice) to make wide-ranging, border-pushing music. Maybe it's an unfair comparison, but I've always looked at Thrice as a post-hardcore version of Deftones.

I like both bands and would be super excited to see them together (actually I remember seeing them both when they played Taste of Chaos together in '06 I think - a great show!), both have some have some great albums and both have some misses... as of late I will say Thrice's TBEITBN is better than Gore.