New Years Resolutions

Started by E-Money, Dec 25, 2010, 04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

Quote from: Variable on Jan 09, 2011, 05:07 PM
I have always really wanted to go to Australia

have you?

Variable

Yeah it seems like a beautiful place.  I also love sharks and scuba diving.  I also hear that the women over there are really cool.  This might just be a rumor with no merit.  But the guys I know who have been over there say that Australian women love American men because apparently Australian men are totall ass holes to you guys, and we are a lot nicer to you guys.  That might be incorrect, I don't know because I haven't been myself, but thats just the rumor. 

blixa

davetonez

Quote from: blixa on Jan 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
well...
trent.

AHAHA. I wonder what people think of Australia after seeing that.

blixa

it's obviously a fake and it's obvious that australians don't really care what everyone else thinks of us hahahaha. it plays on the stereotype of what a bogan is. it's extremely entertaining for me because trent is from the western suburbs, which is where i'm from. i see guys like him around occasionally so i get where the humour behind it comes from.

the guy who plays trent is one of the guys responsible for beached az. he's loaded with money.

black coffee

Is he talking or singing? Sounds like both.

blixa

he's talking. he is also rhyming when he's talking about his mate kev and all the bitches that want him.

davetonez

Quote from: blixa on Jan 11, 2011, 12:34 PM
it's obviously a fake and it's obvious that australians don't really care what everyone else thinks of us hahahaha. it plays on the stereotype of what a bogan is. it's extremely entertaining for me because trent is from the western suburbs, which is where i'm from. i see guys like him around occasionally so i get where the humour behind it comes from.

the guy who plays trent is one of the guys responsible for beached az. he's loaded with money.

Oh true, I read he was an actor somewhere years ago. Still cracks me up though haha

"Said he might be able to deal some goeeeyy"

Variable

So because you posted that video, I'm guessing that you generally agree with that assessment of Australian men?  Or was it just good timing for a good video? 
And what's a bogan supposed to be? 

davetonez

All Australian men are definitely not like that haha.

blixa

Quote from: Variable on Jan 12, 2011, 08:23 AM

So because you posted that video, I'm guessing that you generally agree with that assessment of Australian men?  Or was it just good timing for a good video? 

oh god, no. one thing about australian men is that they are very blokey hence the reason america has started to use some of our actors for 'tough' roles in hollywood films. i can't really lump them all in one category. they're all very different. also a guy from perth is going to be sort of different from a guy from sydney. i certainly don't agree that australian women prefer american men and i think maybe your friend was sort of exagerrating. irish, canadian and colombian men are a lot more popular than american men.

i met an american guy a few weeks ago. he told me he wanted to rape me. he was from nebraska.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jan 12, 2011, 10:42 AM
i met an american guy a few weeks ago. he told me he wanted to rape me. he was from nebraska.
you meet the weirdest people on the planet. and only good thing to come out of nebraska is 311.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wheresmysnare

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 12, 2011, 05:48 PM
you meet the weirdest people on the planet. and only good thing to come out of nebraska is 311.

rape is a compliment in some cultures

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 12, 2011, 05:48 PM

i was sitting at the counter at the pub waiting for my friend to show up. i talked to him for about 20 minutes. he was trying to pick me up. failed badly. he looked like springsteen.

bodywars9000

I DO NOT LOOK LIKE FUCKING SPRINGSTEEN.
COME TO NEBRASKA.

davetonez

A bogan is Australia's version of I guess... Trailer park trash in America. Every sentence is usually ended with "cunt," and they have slang for everything. They commonly wear singlets, footy shorts, thongs (flip flops), and usually drink Australian beer like VB.

bodywars9000

In America we call that a D-BAG.

downtownpony

oh god, no. one thing about australian men is that they are very blokey hence the reason america has started to use some of our actors for 'tough' roles in hollywood films. i can't really lump them all in one category. they're all very different. also a guy from perth is going to be sort of different from a guy from sydney. i certainly don't agree that australian women prefer american men and i think maybe your friend was sort of exagerrating. irish, canadian and colombian men are a lot more popular than american men.

He only did that cause you look like the girl from Dollhouse.

blixa

you have to show them what a bogan is:
chimpanzee.

downtownpony

Not me but relevant.

>2005
>16 years old
>lived in NYC most of my life
>really popular in school, at parties and clubs every weekend, have lots of friends.
>one day find out I have to move to Australia because my dad got a job there
>excited, but sad at the same time because I'll be leaving my friends.
>don't know anyone in Sydney, but always heard the people are nice.
>start school
>everyone immediately makes fun of me for being "a fucking yank cunt"
>the guys hate me automatically
>some of the girls like my accent
>guys get pissed off and hate me more
>everyone is pretentious and generally unlikeable
>don't know anything about aussie slang, culture or humour.
>every guy has that macho bullshit attitude.
>can't relate to any of them
>bogans/lads everywhere and those who aren't try to be
>The clublife is terrible, and everything in general is boring
>still get shit for being american
>this continues for the next two years
>develop an extreme personal hate for every australian I meet from then on.