Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Have we got any comic fans?

Started by davetonez, Jan 10, 2011, 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodywars9000

I agree with that, however at the same time i think it also can breed a certain laziness.

To be honest i think the main reason for the decline i mentioned is the success of comic book movies and the hollywoodization of the comic book industry.

I remember opening a marvel comic in 2002 or so and seeing "and introducing: Samuel L. Jackson as Sgt. Nick Fury"

Wow really? WTF

Comics needs a new renaissance artistically imo. The last one peaked in the 90's and ended with the millenium.

sing blue silver

i think the modern age of comics outside of the major ones like marvel and dc is at an all time creative peak and people are much more open to the alternative comics. personally, comics have been getting a lot more exciting for me recently and in opening up to a more adult audience it's expanded the creative boundaries with stories.

davetonez

Quote from: bodywars9000 on Jan 24, 2011, 04:07 PM
I agree with that, however at the same time i think it also can breed a certain laziness.

To be honest i think the main reason for the decline i mentioned is the success of comic book movies and the hollywoodization of the comic book industry.

I remember opening a marvel comic in 2002 or so and seeing "and introducing: Samuel L. Jackson as Sgt. Nick Fury"

Wow really? WTF

Comics needs a new renaissance artistically imo. The last one peaked in the 90's and ended with the millenium.

Hm true, I'm not the biggest fan of what Hollywood's doing/done with a few of the movie adaptions. Ghost Rider and Daredevil both had horrid cast choices too.

BillyNo.9

...So dont rush out to buy them?

the Se7en comics are pretty kick ass

poofing acid

davetonez

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jan 31, 2011, 08:32 PM
...So dont rush out to buy them?

I still buy comics weekly man, I get into the stories and the hidden meanings some of the stories have. I do appreciate the art too.

BillyNo.9

i dont have much intrest in the stories in modern comics. I jus' like teh picturz :P