Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Muse - The 2nd Law

Started by Geogaddii, Jun 07, 2012, 03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

I think muse has had a very queen-esque sound for a while. United states of Eurasia reminds me of queen a lot. The Olympic song is okay instrumentally and I get that with something like the Olympics you had to have a very broad appeal lyrically and make it simple and reflective of the attitude of the games but... Damn. It just seems incredibly lame. Singing "I'm gonna win, yes I'm gonna win, I'll light the fuse, and I'll never lose" is the lamest shit I've ever heard.

defTHE1s

Nothing i've heard on this post is Muse, except Survival which I find to be an 'okay' song, the same as i did for United States of... I really hope the rest of the album is sounding better than that...
as for the dubstep thing, I red that at least is made fully with bass, guitar and drums, no prog and shit like that

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sing blue silver

@muse just tweeted
#musethe2ndlaw

rock_n_frost

We're pleased to announce that Madness will be the first single to be taken from The 2nd Law. It will be released worldwide on Monday 20th August.

The 2nd Law will now be released on Monday 1st October. Sorry about the delay, we promise it will be worth it!
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Geogaddii

Unsustainable was released in full a few nights ago.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

Rocket Skates '94

sing blue silver

Yeah... it sucks quite a bit. The non-dubsteppy parts are okay at best. Between this and Survival, this is gonna blow some mega chunks.

Geogaddii

and madness is out... quite different but my hopes for this album are dwindling.  :'(

bright lights, big city

It's the best thing I've heard from the 2nd Law... but still not that great. Who knows, it could grow on me, but I dig all their other albums so I'm still cautiously optimistic about the album as a whole.

Here's the lyric vid, in case anyone was lazy enough to not youtube it.

Muse - Madness (Lyric Video)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

Vesanic

rock_n_frost

I kinda love it.
Especially the lyric video.

I hope this is the only electronic song of the album and has some other good old piano+violin songs

EDIT: Omg i think im in loving this song
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Caín

Muse and dredg. What happened?

deftones47

I've got some anticipation for The 2nd Law, but "Madness" isn't their best if you ask me.

Sushi-X

"Save Me" is so fucking awesome!! Completely different than anything they ever done!!

Rocket Skates '94

sing blue silver

Well I like the album more than I thought I would but it's still a very weak effort. Certainly their worst.

Sushi-X

Disagree. The Resistance was weak and tooo bombastic. Here they tone back on the sweeping symphonic rock opera dynamics

Rocket Skates '94

sing blue silver

The Resistance gets too much flack. I think MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection are some of their best songs. The Resistance > The 2nd Law by a long shot.

Sushi-X

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
The Resistance gets too much flack. I think MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection are some of their best songs. The Resistance > The 2nd Law by a long shot.

Can't top the funky groove of Panic Station though :P

Rocket Skates '94