Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The +/- thread!

Started by raynor, Jun 22, 2004, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 14, 2011, 01:51 AM
+date went awesomely. we just hated on people and made fun of shit. walked around the city and enjoyed each others company.
that is true love
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Oldnewtype

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 14, 2011, 03:30 AM
+date went awesomely. we just hated on people and made fun of shit. walked around the city and enjoyed each others company.
that is true love

haha word.

from_musings

she hated on deftones fans and you hated on the deftones haters?

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 13, 2011, 04:27 AM
just found out she loves like every band i do, but really dislikes deftones. i'll try to overlook it but... my god. i've told her the extent of my obsession and she was just like "i'll try to ignore it". oh well. i guess she couldn't be perfect.

man you can do better than this, deftones isn't just a band you dig, it's a big part of your life  :) Sure, sex can be considered as more important than music, im not saying the oppostie, but you're a good looking guy, you can have en BOTH. those who think that pussy comes before everything at any cost are those who can't choose and select among women like you can... but since you can - increase your demands!  have some fun with her, wait til the crush dies out, then find a better one who appreciates the deftones part of you too - stay true to yourself. how does she feel about your tattoos? she thinks they're good looking but she hates what they stand for? fuck outta here. six years can make everything new seems good  ;)  glad you're feeling fine though

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 14, 2011, 08:51 AM

man you can do better than this, deftones isn't just a band you dig, it's a big part of your life  :)

Mate, you're an idiot if you let one difference like that jeopardize an entire relationship/ Possible relationship. Yeah Deftones are awesome and shit, but so is having a girl you connect with. No one's perfect.

from_musings

all that was from a personal point of view and i wouldn't be interested in connecting with someone who constantly dissed my favourite band. no ones perfect but i would settle with other disadvantages like gasy upset stomach or burping a lot instead of bad taste in music. i like going to conserts and talking music with my partner. but we're all different

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
all that was from a personal point of view

No you were giving advice, shit advice. But because its you it should be seen as superior, right?

from_musings

haha yeah shit advice accordidng to YOU. and to all the stifler types out there. yes i was giving advice, advice from a personal point of view and what makes sense to me.and he's x10 times the fan i am who so i think a guy with cheekbones like that could have a fine girl who also shares his interests. why settle for a half ass girl you have some in common with when you can have a fine girl who's perfect for you

sing blue silver

hahaha. i love you guys fighting over this. i'm just having fun with a new girl i met. it's more of a living in the now kind of thing. i could never be with someone long term that hates deftones because they are a HUGE part of my life as my history on this board has indicated.

downtownpony

nah man. This relationship is getting really serious really fast. You need to make a decision soon, or else shits gonna hit the fan and we're not gonna be as understanding and sympathetic as we usually are. Confront her about the Deftones. Think about it. What would Chino do?

BillyNo.9

Chino would probably write a bunch of not so subtle lyrics about her for a few years, then finally end it. Then smoke some crack

Jacob

my girlfriend doesn't like Deftones but I couldn't give a rats ass about that. she likes a lot of music I don't like, and vice versa. but we connect on some things and that well enough. love is much more than what music you're into. stop being an idiot. if you like her, then you should be able to look past it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

from_musings

@ billy and jacob:

yes there are more to a relationship than having the same and taste in music. but i'm wondering who you're trying to fool - you're both music lovers, and of course, you would like to have some exchange with your partner even there. you're talking about music here on sl - billy on daily basis, jacob with 13000 posts. but you wouldn't wanna do that with your girl? you can keep telling yourself that you don't give a rats ass about sharing the same taste in music as your girl and that you love her anyway, but that is because you have to settle for a girl like that when you can't have ms perfect. I think that goes for a lot of people and it's normal and ok - but not in the case of silver.my point is that he can have a perfect girl for him,he doesn't have to settle for anything less. don't put your misery situation out on him and tell him he have to be the same as you . he's serious about the tones and has got an awesome face, doesn't have to settle for a girl like you do (no offense)

@ silver

don't let them slow you down and don't let them drag you down to their level. you're not them. you're max powers up in this mf. my point is that you can have it all and some can't. tones are important to you? well find a girl who thinks so too. AND who's got all the normal lovley stuff that billy jacob are talking about. good luck (not that you need it)

BillyNo.9

Settling? I'm not settling for anything less than perfect with my girl, she's perfect for me and has been for the last 3 years. I can't speak for Jacob but I'm sure he feels the same about his girl.

I have to ask musings... are you male or female or gay? I'm just asking because the way you talk about Matt is a little more than bromance :L I'm not calling you out or anything I'm just curious.

Jacob

he's just trying to troll and get some funny reactions, don't mind him.

when I was young and didn't have a girlfriend for years I also dreamt about the "perfect" girl who was into all the music I'm into. then I realized it just doesn't work that way. hopefully she'll be interesting enough to discuss more things with than your favorite band. having a favorite band in common is awesome for a fling or one-night stand. in a serious mature relationship it's nothing more than a footnote.

downtownpony

No. None of you understand silver like I do.

Deftones-argentina

+ totally having a major crush and i haven't felt this way in a long time

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 14, 2011, 05:06 PM
i'm just having fun with a new girl i met. it's more of a living in the now kind of thing. i could never be with someone long term that hates deftones because they are a HUGE part of my life as my history on this board has indicated.

mmm...aham...

well this got bizarre.

from_musings

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 15, 2011, 12:06 AM
he's just trying to troll and get some funny reactions, don't mind him.

this isn't trolling, i may exaggerate, but that is to prove a point i believe in, not to piss people off.

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 15, 2011, 12:06 AM
when I was young and didn't have a girlfriend for years I also dreamt about the "perfect" girl who was into all the music I'm into. then I realized it just doesn't work that way.

it didn't work out that way for you, speak only for yourself and don't try to make it a universal truth. everyone has different potential.You had a dream, but gave it up because you could never get it because you are you. You settled for less and now you deal with it by telling yourself that you think that your current situation now, that wasn't the dream before , now is the dream.all fine by me, but don't drag other people down in the mud with you when some people can have it all down.  my point has been that silver is a person who doesn't need to settle and fool himself like you guys do. screw you guys for trying to cut silvers wings when he can fly high and you can't.

You also imply that there are two categories - either you get a girl that you like when it comes to looks and personality - but they won't share the same interests (in this case music)

or.. you get a girl that only shares your interests but therefore lacks the looks and personality and that those girls becomes one night stands.

Again..of course, some people can get all that stuff.

by looking at the number of posts,i bet you're very interested in music and in talking about music.but you say that you would rather talk music with a one night stand one for an hour,  than to every now and then, discuss music with your girlfriend - the gf you hang out with all day, all month, all year? that's such bullocks. Of course you wish that your girlfriend was also in both categories. if music isn't a big deal for you, then great, but to silver it is, and he's the subject this time. i would go as far as saying everyone who says they don't care about sharing the same interests with their long term gf's are lying.

Jacob

man, it's like talking to a kid.

fine, because my girlfriend doesn't like Deftones we have nothing in common and I had to settle for her because I'm ugly and uninteresting. happy?

from_musings

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 15, 2011, 09:53 AM
man, it's like talking to a kid.

fine, because my girlfriend doesn't like Deftones we have nothing in common and I had to settle for her because I'm ugly and uninteresting. happy?

sure

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jul 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
I have to ask musings... are you male or female or gay? I'm just asking because the way you talk about Matt is a little more than bromance :L I'm not calling you out or anything I'm just curious.

i can call a lot of things good looking or awesome in life. it could be a car, a dude, a hat, a girl, a cat or a baby.

if i'm at the zoo and say "that bear's magnificent, it looks awesome" that doesn't mean i get aroused and want to make sweet love to it. same goes for silver. none sexual.

that being said,certain things suggest that i'm not that manly. I often buy diet products, like low sugar energy drinks, I've recently bought a hair straightener and when kevin fights marv in sin city, I always want kevin to win the second fight too (Marv is extremly manly, kevin isn't ) and get bummed out about that marv uses so much cheating material in the 2nd fight like wires, cuffs and shit

sing blue silver

+protest the hero was awesome
++metallica was awesomer
+++coheed and cambria were awesomest
---so fucking sore today