Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavinVsFlud

You think if anyone went to a Best Buy, slipped a stock guy $100 for a copy, one might accidentally leave the store?

cvthedrv

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 31, 2016, 10:12 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 31, 2016, 08:01 PM
Fucking assholes  :D https://www.instagram.com/p/BDoLvvBPeMu/

I remember being in line outside a shop to buy the last Harry Potter book, and the doors were closed until midnight, of course. And this cruel guy inside comes up to the door with the freaking book and starts reading it in front of us. This reminds me of that.

On another note, why the hell does no-one on this forum work for a magazine reviewing albums or whatever? Jeez, we could've had it by now if one of you had some ambition to get new music early!

I think because it is that we are fans not fucking ass-licking wannabes, that's the difference.

fuct that guy

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Mar 31, 2016, 10:08 PM
Hey Defheads. Haven't been around in a long while.. can't lie tho - been lurking for a minute.. forgot my log in info haha.
Yeezus Christ can this thing drop already!!!

What new Deftones album rituals do you guys have? I have to be off work, pop it into my car, and I have this long country road drive that I take out it no were.. bout a 2 hour drive. Each album I tune out, and take this drive and just absorb it all.

I listen to their new albums front to back twice with headphones first (to get used to their new style for that album) then I bring it out to the car, go somewhere secluded and rock it on full blast while I try to understand what Chino is saying (preferably with the booklet).

from_musings

why the hell does no-one on this forum work for a magazine reviewing albums or whatever?

work? are you serious? deftones fans are unemployed lowlife amoebas

BallZDeeP

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 31, 2016, 10:20 PM
why the hell does no-one on this forum work for a magazine reviewing albums or whatever?

Eat your words. I work hard (surfing the forums all day)

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Mar 31, 2016, 10:15 PM
You think if anyone went to a Best Buy, slipped a stock guy $100 for a copy, one might accidentally leave the store?
Hahaha bruh $100.. yea. Make sure you tell them how many dreams he could make come true. He would practically be a Genie for several hundred people.. for a moment.. then back t being a Best Buy sales rep.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 31, 2016, 10:20 PM

Real talk.. a good friend of mine writes for New Noise online magaxine. He got to listen to the album 3 times in a row the day before interviewing Abe. Firstly, he said the album is amazing.. but he wasn't given a hard copy. He said he was only allowed to stream it.. had to log into some site and only was allowed 3 plays. He said they had it locked down tight like some mafia shit

nicklav

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Mar 31, 2016, 10:27 PM
Hahaha bruh $100.. yea. Make sure you tell them how many dreams he could make come true. He would practically be a Genie for several hundred people.. for a moment.. then back t being a Best Buy sales rep.

Maybe don't mention that part.

DFTNSHXGRM

The article will be out in May by the way.

BallZDeeP

I would do that right now if it was actually in the back room.

DFTNSHXGRM

He also said Prayers/Triangles is easily the weakest track.. why they chose it as first single, he doesn't understand.
I personally like Prayers/Triangles.. reminds me of Circa Survive big time

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Mar 31, 2016, 10:32 PM

I tried that in 03 with S/T at a local record store. Guy was pissed I even asked.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Mar 31, 2016, 10:34 PM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Mar 31, 2016, 10:32 PM

I tried that in 03 with S/T at a local record store. Guy was pissed I even asked.
That was in 2003.. It's 2016.. time to give it another shot. I doubt that guy still works there ;)

underneaththecar

dang I could've sworn today was gonna be the day

Berserker_Armor

That record store is long gone. Best Buy and Target are the only options here, which sucks. Miss places like that

underneaththecar

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Mar 31, 2016, 10:37 PM
That record store is long gone. Best Buy and Target are the only options here, which sucks. Miss places like that

yeah, unfortunately there just aren't very many small hole in the wall record shops anymore...and the odds of getting it from a large chain are pretty slim

ANattyRat

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 31, 2016, 10:17 PM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 31, 2016, 08:01 PM
Fucking assholes  :D https://www.instagram.com/p/BDoLvvBPeMu/

I remember being in line outside a shop to buy the last Harry Potter book, and the doors were closed until midnight, of course. And this cruel guy inside comes up to the door with the freaking book and starts reading it in front of us. This reminds me of that.

On another note, why the hell does no-one on this forum work for a magazine reviewing albums or whatever? Jeez, we could've had it by now if one of you had some ambition to get new music early!

I think because it is that we are fans not fucking ass-licking wannabes, that's the difference.

fuct that guy

There are people who've reviewed the album who are evidently Deftones fans. Zane Lowe appears to be a big fan, too.

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Mar 31, 2016, 10:33 PM
He also said Prayers/Triangles is easily the weakest track.. why they chose it as first single, he doesn't understand.
I personally like Prayers/Triangles.. reminds me of Circa Survive big time

I think that's exactly why it was chosen as a single. It's the weakest track because it's the most typical of them. It's not experimental, it's not Konami Code, Lovers, something in an extremely mellow or extremely heavy direction, etc. It's just a typical, but nice, Deftones song, so it's a song that would appeal to the most fans. They've saved the ground-breaking stuff for later.

Now that you mention it, there is somewhat of a Circa Survive vibe to it, especially the drums, I think. Good catch.

whitefur

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Mar 31, 2016, 10:08 PMWhat new Deftones album rituals do you guys have? I have to be off work, pop it into my car, and I have this long country road drive that I take out it no were.. bout a 2 hour drive. Each album I tune out, and take this drive and just absorb it all.

After work in the evening, I go in a bedroom that has a stereo in it and close the blinds and leave the lights off. Get it as dark as possible in there so my earholes are the only thing sensing and I lay on my back on the floor and listen to the whole album. It sounds lame, I know, but I like it. With KNY, I remember laying there in the dark and the chorus from Poltergeist kicked in and I was giggling like a school girl to myself thinking how fucking awesome is this.

DFTNSHXGRM

\m/ hell yeah! Everyone let's an album in differently. For me, I like to be driving on an old 2 way country highway.. the first listen I'm just giddy as fuck.. the second listen is when I soak it all in

jujuslim

Just got off the phone with my local mom and pop record store. Said their shipment doesn't arrive until Tuesday :( Good news is that they are going to sell it on Tuesday :D