Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77years

Quote from: colonelsausage on Apr 01, 2016, 05:10 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/deftones-talk-new-album-band-tension-we-like-unnerving-feelings-20160401

was this posted yet? rolling stone article

As much as I don't like that mag, the article is great

About P/T:

QuoteSinger Chino Moreno is pacing, leaping and whipping his mic chord anxiously, overcome with the sensations of a cut he describes as "perpetual motion, like the whole song is tumbling over itself."

Great description

BallZDeeP

Tapatalk is much better than refreshing chrome on my phone all day. Where have I been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwenudo

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 01, 2016, 05:39 PM
Tapatalk is much better than refreshing chrome on my phone all day. Where have I been?

Been using it for 3 days now, no regrets
Was it like it seemed?...

pinata89

Same, especially if you setup notifications!

BallZDeeP

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 01, 2016, 05:40 PM
Same, especially if you setup notifications!

That was the first thing i did

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: 77years on Apr 01, 2016, 05:23 PM
Sorry to brag to those complaining about their venue but the Orpheum Theater in New Orleans show is gonna be an absolute mindfuck. That venue is so insane... ancient theater destroyed by Katrina... flooded... abandoned... for sale... almost demolished for a freaking tourist trap... back from the dead and restored and badass and creepy. I took a bunch of pics of it and havent posted yet but I am looking forward to this show more than any show in years.

Yeah I've seen them multiple times, and only once before could I say that I disliked the venue (some pavilion in Camden, NJ... blech).  Every other time the venue was great, in particular the Sunset Cove Amphitheater in Florida.. that was the best single show (festivals not included) I've ever been to in my life.  Amazing ourdoor venue in perfect Florida weather.

But this one I'm going to, Pier 6, is just lame... but for THIS type of concert.  I can dig a pavilion lawn for a show like the Modest Mouse/Brand New show I'm going to this year too, or to see AWOLNATION like I will this year, or when I go see Several Species (amazing Pink Floyd cover band) at the same venue every year.  But for a high energy show like Deftones, I want a fucking pit.  I don't want a lawn, I don't want seats, I want pure pit madness. 

But whatever, it'll be okay because with a lawn show my wife will go.  I don't think she's been hip on seeing Deftones since I took her to a show in Atlantic City where she got crushed as soon as the first note of Diamond Eyes started off the bat.  She's kind of petite, and it wasn't fun for her (I can understand).  So I guess there's pros and cons to this venue, and I decided in the end it wasn't so bad.  Glass half full man, glass half full...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

gwenudo

More hours, 2.. Yes

BallZDeeP

Is that world premier this sunday confirmed anywhere? I dont remember

RaptureWS

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 01, 2016, 06:15 PM
More hours, 2.. Yes

Go to a record store, pull out that Gally and say "Imma go Year One on you if you don't give me Gore NOW!" Then, we will have it in about 2 more mins ;)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Val

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 01, 2016, 06:16 PM
Is that world premier this sunday confirmed anywhere? I dont remember

2:53:0 mark http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b074vnnf#play

gwenudo

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 01, 2016, 06:17 PM
More hours, 2.. Yes

Go to a record store, pull out that Gally and say "Imma go Year One on you if you don't give me Gore NOW!" Then, we will have it in about 2 more mins ;)
Ballerhorn fixes everything! .. Now if RNGeesus could just give me that leak id be able to turn light level 335...

RaptureWS

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 01, 2016, 06:19 PM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 01, 2016, 06:17 PM
More hours, 2.. Yes

Ballerhorn fixes everything! .. Now if RNGeesus could just give me that leak id be able to turn light level 335...

Imma be Light Level 420 if Gore leaks!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Far away

Freedomsoldier17

dutifully watching this thread on my phone

DFTNSHXGRM

Sorry to brag to those complaining about their venue but the Orpheum Theater in New Orleans show is gonna be an absolute mindfuck. That venue is so insane... ancient theater destroyed by Katrina... flooded... abandoned... for sale... almost demolished for a freaking tourist trap... back from the dead and restored and badass and creepy. I took a bunch of pics of it and havent posted yet but I am looking forward to this show more than any show in years.
Hey brotha! I might be there. You from Lousiana?

DFTNSHXGRM

Well..In other news, the new Ben Harper album leaked if anyone gives a shit about that.

I'm sure Ben Harper fans are raging dick right now

CarloDefDonno

Wonderful article indeed. Gotta love Stef's sense of humour.

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

sharinglungs

apparently Gore leaked on what.cd... need someone who can log in and download it to find out though...

pinata89

Omg, someone do it!

sharinglungs

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 01, 2016, 07:03 PM
Omg, someone do it!

they have to already be a member to log in as it's invite only and a very difficult site to get an account for.

IF the leak is legit, it won't be long before it hits other sites.