Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2MoreHours

A lot of you seem to feel like me.  DE and KNY are too shiny and polished.  It works on some songs but I'm not big on the overall feel of either album.  One song where it really works is Gauze.  Frank's part really shines through and makes that song sound magical.

gwenudo

Quote from: chuckles on Apr 02, 2016, 03:27 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 03:07 PM
Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 03:04 PM
Deftones
Diamond Eyes
Around the Fur
Koi No Yokan
Whit Pony
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

I think both White Pony and SNW have 4-5 filler songs, and Adrenaline just isn't Deftones
:o

Dafuq...
"Adrenaline just isnt deftones"...."white pony has 4-5 filler songs".... 
Was it like it seemed?...

ghettovaquero

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 02, 2016, 03:30 PM
Deftones
Diamond Eyes
Around the Fur
Koi No Yokan
Whit Pony
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

I think both White Pony and SNW have 4-5 filler songs, and Adrenaline just isn't Deftones

Dafuq...
Ahahahahahahaha that looks like you gwen 666

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vesanic

I think White Pony has 4-5 filler songs

Care to elaborate? Even though I love these songs, I could see why one would see Street Carp and Teenager as fillers. But really that's about it. Maybe RX Queen and Elite, given RX Queen was supposed to be a single and Elite feels like the "heavy metal interlude" of the record?

gwenudo

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 02, 2016, 03:30 PM
Deftones
Diamond Eyes
Around the Fur
Koi No Yokan
Whit Pony
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

Dafuq...

Hes my soulmate lol

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 05:43 AM
While we're all anxiously awaiting "Gore", what's everyone got in rotation that's not from Deftones

Today's Tax Season Saturday Office Day brought to you by Porcupine Tree's Deadwing.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

chuckles

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 02, 2016, 03:33 PM
Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 02, 2016, 03:30 PM
Deftones
Diamond Eyes
Around the Fur
Koi No Yokan
Whit Pony
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

Dafuq...

Hes my soulmate lol

Man, stop stealing my profile pictures
Hahahaha

But seriously, that was my face when I read that...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Mr Blonde

Adrenaline isn't the band Deftones are now, but it's what got me into them.  Elite, Rx Queen, Street Carp, Teenager, are all songs I usually skip through.  I wasn't a big fan of White Pony when it first came out, and never really warmed up to it.  Boys Republic should've been on the regular album

glassJAw78

I would go gay for pay. Pay being Gore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vesanic

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 02, 2016, 02:40 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 02:36 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Around the Fur
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan

Production wise I believe this makes the most sense. As for the music... Well that too. Fuckers
Where do you rank gore?

I'll probably wait until I hear it.

chuckles

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 03:35 PM
Adrenaline isn't the band Deftones are now, but it's what got me into them.  Elite, Rx Queen, Street Carp, Teenager, are all songs I usually skip through.  I wasn't a big fan of White Pony when it first came out, and never really warmed up to it.  Boys Republic should've been on the regular album

Feel the same way about boys... The rest... BLASPHEMY
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

gwenudo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 03:35 PM
Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 02, 2016, 02:40 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 02:36 PM
White Pony
Deftones
Around the Fur
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan

Production wise I believe this makes the most sense. As for the music... Well that too. Fuckers
Where do you rank gore?

I'll probably wait until I hear it.

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 03:22 PM
Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 02:40 PM
What's the issue with KNY and DE production? Too clean?

Pretty much. On DE it made sense to me, the cleaner aspect fits with the more uplifting direction they had chosen. But it still has some rawness to it too, so there's a balance. On KNY it's just way too polished for my liking. When you know there's an 8-string metalhead chugging to one of the toughest drummers on the circuit, you can just feel something is missing in the mix.

I think that's why some peeps see it as radio-friendly. The album legit sounds like radio-compressed version of a more voluminous track. It doesn't take as much space as something like ATF or WP. Which is why it can easily travel through the waves (toniiiight).

I understand the KNY criticism. I agree with what you said about DE... the production matches the tone quite well. My problem with that album is it is ultimately short and repetitive. Just a couple of longer songs, or songs that mixed up the song structure would have elevated that album from good to great for me.

glassJAw78

Gay for Gore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurid Vega

Boy's Republic should have been on album. Awesome song.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

LG95

White Pony's perfect without The Boy's Republic, as good a song as it is.
I could float here forever

2MoreHours

I'm not gay but Gore is Gore.

Vesanic

Fair point.

But see, even there I can't agree haha. I think the way The Boy's Republic was brought to us couldn't have worked any better. When I listen to White Pony, I really don't want to hear a damn thing after Pink Maggit, as for the artistic experience and the whole "trip record" I mean. The Boy's Republic being issued on limited editions really feels like "Here's another sparkle from that era we didn't dare to give you before, for your enjoyment", and that's what I link it to when I hear it. It's one of their best songs hands down and totally feels White Pony-ish, but as weird as it sounds I don't think it has its place on it.

Edit : LOVERS ON THE CONTRARY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE FUCKING RECORD

Lurid Vega

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 03:39 PM
White Pony's perfect without The Boy's Republic, as good a song as it is.
I will say it doesn't hit the same flow as the rest of the album though, probably why it was left off.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

LG95

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 03:39 PM

Fair point.

But see, even there I can't agree haha. I think the way The Boy's Republic was brought to us couldn't have worked any better. When I listen to White Pony, I really don't want to hear a damn thing after Pink Maggit, as for the artistic experience and the whole "trip record" I mean. The Boy's Republic being issued on limited editions really feels like "Here's another sparkle from that era we didn't dare to give you before, for your enjoyment", and that's what I link it to when I hear it. It's one of their best songs hands down and totally feels White Pony-ish, but as weird as it sounds I don't think it has its place on it.
That's exactly it. Having anything after Pink Maggit dampens the impact of the whole thing. It's why I don't consider The Boy's Republic part of that album in the same way I don't consider Back To School part of it - the former's a much better song obviously but I can't think of anywhere it should go on the record. It's perfect as it is.
I could float here forever