Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantasmagoria

1:21 to 1:39 and 2:25 to 3:05 on Acid Hologram is very dark and amazing.

Moz

Havrnt heard acid actually haha, didnt get the link. Dunno if I should wait or not.

NYRexall

I asked the dude on Echoing the Sound to share his rip of the album with you guys. When he sees it and if he does is anyone's guess. He's not someone I recognize as a routine poster over there

So those of you listening to these new tracks...what vibe are you getting? Are the new wave influences way out in front like some of us suspected? Is it dark and aggressive like so many of you were hoping for? Some of you are mentioning that it's almost a "new sound" for them, which has me particularily interested..

Moz

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 01:59 AM
I asked the dude on Echoing the Sound to share his rip of the album with you guys. When he sees it and if he does is anyone's guess. He's not someone I recognize as a routine poster over there

So those of you listening to these new tracks...what vibe are you getting? Are the new wave influences way out in front like some of us suspected? Is it dark and aggressive like so many of you were hoping for? Some of you are mentioning that it's almost a "new sound" for them, which has me particularily interested..

Well maybe im crazy but to me it sounds like a mix between the new wave of KNY and the dark days of ST/SNW

Jimmy_McNulty

QuoteNot too much at all considering a bunch of us wont listen to anything else for weeks and weeks

That's true, but i prefer to wait

QuoteYou want to listen to Gore in one shot, while others don't mind hearing the tracks this way first. You're allowed your preference, so let them have theirs. We're all gonna play the shit out of the whole album for decades to come anyway, so it doesn't matter. Stop whining about it. 

Ok, ok, I will not dwell on this theme, everybody's free to choose. Meanwhile i read your impressions, and my hype level is very high!

boredpassenger

Phantom Bride is so damn good. Can't get enough of it.

Moz

Quote from: boredpassenger on Apr 03, 2016, 02:03 AM
Phantom Bride is so damn good. Can't get enough of it.

I can picture Chino in a smokey mexican bar playing with santana hahaha

Moz

So anyone want to hit me up with acid hologram? Havent heard it yet. mustersmichel@gmail.com thanks, curious as hell

shine down unshy

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:05 AM
So anyone want to hit me up with acid hologram? Havent heard it yet. mustersmichel@gmail.com thanks, curious as hell

Just sent it to you, check your inbox.

kleptoned

PM'ed a link to vimeo

NYRexall

Fuck, man...just reading these pages has me so goddamn grateful I held off from listening to any of this. It definitely sounds like it's going to be something remarkable. A mix between KNY and SNW...I am beyond stoked now.

I popped in this morning and this thread was like 149 pages. A couple songs leak and SL goes supernova. Good stuff. Hope this whole thing leaks soon because some of you sound like you're going to jump out a window if you have to wait any longer  ;D

DFTNSHXGRM

Acid Hologram and Phantom Bride do sort of have a "new" sound for them.. but its still deftones. I agree with what someone else said, it has a spacey vibe to some extent - like what they were doing with KNY - but it also has a dark vibe on some tracks, or parts of songs that sort of remind me of Self-Titled which has me super hyped.

Thanks for messaging them. Hopefully they will share it with us. Like I said earlier.. I don't think any of us are exactly looking to leak the album to the entire world. We've all pretty much preordered the album. I just want us to all be able to hear it

Moz

Thanks guys, brb with impressions

bcoberly

I've listened to Phantom Bride now...no less than 40 times today.

shine down unshy

Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 03, 2016, 02:06 AM
PM'ed a link to vimeo

Curious to hear them on Vimeo, share the link my way please.

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:01 AM

Well maybe im crazy but to me it sounds like a mix between the new wave of KNY and the dark days of ST/SNW

That's exactly it. Kny and S/T had a baby. Or, its SNW, who grew up and got his shit together.

Havoc

Anyone want to help me with putting an avatar up? Dm me please.

jciraheta

i respect every one opinion in my case i haver listen the shit out of player and triangles and doomed user, but the 3 new songs i just heard them once , i decide to wait the whole album

Slacker

cant really say i saw this one coming

Moz

Ok so listened to Acid. What a STRANGE choice after the opener that is Prayers. Definitely expected something more up tempo. This is very low tempo but very light and dark at the same time. Also very experimental singing wise. Havent heard this much diversity in chino's sound since WP. Also reminded me of Good Morning Beautiful for some reason, and smashing pumpkins like others have said. Whats up with that ending though? Hahaha cheesy as hell

Im going to spin the shiiiiiit out of this record.