Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:12 AM
Ok so listened to Acid. What a STRANGE choice after the opener that is Prayers. Definitely expected something more up tempo. This is very low tempo but very light and dark at the same time. Also very experimental singing wise. Havent heard this much diversity in chino's sound since WP. Also reminded me of Good Morning Beautiful for some reason, and smashing pumpkins like others have said. Whats up with that ending though? Hahaha cheesy as hell

Im going to spin the shiiiiiit out of this record.

I agree...the ending...sounds way out of place.

Send me that Vimeo link you got man.  Need to see if there's a difference in quality.

Moz

Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 03, 2016, 02:08 AM
Quote from: kleptoned on Apr 03, 2016, 02:06 AM
Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:05 AM
So anyone want to hit me up with acid hologram? Havent heard it yet. mustersmichel@gmail.com thanks, curious as hell
PM'ed a link to vimeo

Curious to hear them on Vimeo, share the link my way please.

I have the song in my email whats your adress

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Jimmy_McNulty on Apr 03, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 01:09 AM
Nah bruh - loving every minute of it. don't troll

I try not to offend, but that's not very intelligent on your part. 5 songs are too much, almost half album. I listened Prayers/Triangles and Doomer User twice and I want to listen Gore in one shot. My opinion, don't get angry!

Sooo your opinion is just "your opinion," but his makes him "not very intelligent?!" Maybe we dont care about hearing it within context. Maybe we just want to enjoy the songs separately.

Just do what you do and let us do what we do. No need to rain on everyone's parade. People like you annoy me.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Moz

Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 03, 2016, 02:13 AM
Ok so listened to Acid. What a STRANGE choice after the opener that is Prayers. Definitely expected something more up tempo. This is very low tempo but very light and dark at the same time. Also very experimental singing wise. Havent heard this much diversity in chino's sound since WP. Also reminded me of Good Morning Beautiful for some reason, and smashing pumpkins like others have said. Whats up with that ending though? Hahaha cheesy as hell

Ya i was like uhhh is that supposed to be there? Rest of the song is golden. Second time listening this really is like a slower Good Morning for me, in a good wAy.

Man this record reminds me of all kinds of deftones records but also of something new. DIamond and KNY really feel vanilla compared to this. Cant figure out what the Steph hate was about either, he hasnt sound this heavy and melodic at the same time since SNw

Slacker

qobuz just confirmed me they'll send Hearts/Wires by 6 pm EST tomorrow

at list something concrete to look forward

bcoberly

The thing I love about Acid Hologram is the spookiness of the sound. It's everything I imagined it to be and more. Only song I'm not feeling so far is Gore. Everyone seems to love it but for some reason it just isn't doing it for me. I think once again in context of the whole album I'll appreciate it all. Wasn't even that big of a fan of P/T and DU but with AH in the middle it makes it sense to me. I honestly think this will be my favorite Deftones album since White Pony. I've always wanted them to progress to this point.

Moz

Send me that Vimeo link you got man.  Need to see if there's a difference in quality.

You have it. To all that emailed and pm ed thank you so much

NYRexall

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 03, 2016, 02:07 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 03, 2016, 01:59 AM
I asked the dude on Echoing the Sound to share his rip of the album with you guys. When he sees it and if he does is anyone's guess. He's not someone I recognize as a routine poster over there

So those of you listening to these new tracks...what vibe are you getting? Are the new wave influences way out in front like some of us suspected? Is it dark and aggressive like so many of you were hoping for? Some of you are mentioning that it's almost a "new sound" for them, which has me particularily interested..

Acid Hologram and Phantom Bride do sort of have a "new" sound for them.. but its still deftones. I agree with what someone else said, it has a spacey vibe to some extent - like what they were doing with KNY - but it also has a dark vibe on some tracks, or parts of songs that sort of remind me of Self-Titled which has me super hyped.

Thanks for messaging them. Hopefully they will share it with us. Like I said earlier.. I don't think any of us are exactly looking to leak the album to the entire world. We've all pretty much preordered the album. I just want us to all be able to hear it

I hear you. We want the album just as bad over there as you guys do on SL. Glad to hear the new stuff has a spacey vibe to it. Can't wait to sit down with headphones and listen to this record in one shot. I REALLY want to hear Rubicon ever since that Metal Hammer review said it sounded like "Deftones being Failure"

I think someone on ETS said the snippet of Xenon sounded like Downward Is Heavenward-era Hum, too. This album can't get here soon enough. I want to hear this epic heaviness you guys speak of during the title track..

plagasx

Yea, I haven't heard Hologram yet either, Plagasx@gmail.com. I actually thought I was listening to acid hologram and phantom, turns out it was gore and phantom. lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Moz

Quote from: plagasx on Apr 03, 2016, 02:20 AM
Yea, I haven't heard Hologram yet either, Plagasx@gmail.com. I actually thought I was listening to acid hologram and phantom, turns out it was gore and phantom. lol.

Send you the vimeo link

Moz

Whaaaat a time to be a 'tones fan. These guys. Ok listen up for a moment. No matter what you think of DE and KNY. Theyve been delivering the goods for over 20 years. You know how much bands can say that? Almos no one. They start churning out cheap sound-a-likes after their classics. Deftones? After ATF, WP and ST rhy just kept renewing themselves. SNw was an experimental goldmine (with pacing issues imo). They reinvented themselves with DE and KNY, two sister records. Maybe not as experimental but superb produxtion and chino back on top of his game with killer croons and some nice screams as well. And Gore is like the WP of the new trilogy, veeery left field.

Sorry im drunk just got home from town but im getting emotional here. These guys. How is it possible for a 20 plus year old band to still sound THIS fresh and relevant. Of all the bands out there we chose deftones to love. What a choice that was.

pelican fly

just ride the wave

neirda

Acid Hologram is quite disturbing, but in a good way. It's amazing how it sounds bleak and childish at the same time...
Kind of a dark lullaby.

Anyone got the qame feeling?
As to PB, it just sounds beautiful (could be a closer, WHTY style)

plagasx

Mother of god, I'm fucking LOVING THESE TRACKS!! Gore is incredible!

Moz

Am i the only one awake? Its 5 am here in the netherlands. Dont care. Deftones youve been the soundtrack of my life and my life just got a bit better

Moz

Smiiiiile

Part 2.

Chino sayd fuck you warner

Lurid Vega

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:30 AM
Whaaaat a time to be a 'tones fan. These guys. Ok listen up for a moment. No matter what you think of DE and KNY. Theyve been delivering the goods for over 20 years. You know how much bands can say that? Almos no one. They start churning out cheap sound-a-likes after their classics. Deftones? After ATF, WP and ST rhy just kept renewing themselves. SNw was an experimental goldmine (with pacing issues imo). They reinvented themselves with DE and KNY, two sister records. Maybe not as experimental but superb produxtion and chino back on top of his game with killer croons and some nice screams as well. And Gore is like the WP of the new trilogy, veeery left field.

Sorry im drunk just got home from town but im getting emotional here. These guys. How is it possible for a 20 plus year old band to still sound THIS fresh and relevant. Of all the bands out there we chose deftones to love. What a choice that was.
I don't think there could be a better choice man, cheers!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jciraheta

right now out the 3 new songs , AH almost make me tears , PB sound very good that solo and the chino ends it so cool, and the same with  pb the end is brutal and dark  , amazing this will be maybe the best deftones album if the other song are at this level

NYRexall

After being virtually ignored in their day, bands like Hum and Failure are more popular than ever today and are finally getting the praise and the recognition they so rightfully deserve.

Deftones have been championing BOTH bands since day one. My ultimate hope is that Gore plays out like a missing link between the Hum and Failure sound, with the punishing aggressiveness and the incredible melodic highs and lows only Deftones are capable of.

Mark my words...this album is going to take what KNY started and launch it into the stratosphere. Get ready for a game-changer that sounds far ahead of anything else out there in hard rock today.

N0S3BLEED976

Phantom Bride > Prayers/Triangles > Acid Hologram > Gore > Doomed User

so far...