Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverwithfishyshoes

why didnt steph do the guitar solo?

ANattyRat

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 03, 2016, 02:08 PM
why didnt steph do the guitar solo?

He doesn't do solos, you know that, haha.

77years

It's a phenomenally beautiful day in New Orleans and I gotta cut the grass, peace y'all... what a great record they made.

sharinglungs

Quote from: guizz on Apr 03, 2016, 02:03 PM
So i just heard one song, Acid Hologram, and I could barely hear the drum, does it sound like that for the whole album? I'm not complaining at all, just wondering. I don't want to ruin the album with bad audio.

I think it's just a shit rip.. P/T & Doomed User sound miles above the sound of the Vinyl rip songs.

beaverwithfishyshoes

playin the whole thing now, lets see.

Reichward

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 03, 2016, 02:10 PM
So i just heard one song, Acid Hologram, and I could barely hear the drum, does it sound like that for the whole album? I'm not complaining at all, just wondering. I don't want to ruin the album with bad audio.

I think it's just a shit rip.. P/T & Doomed User sound miles above the sound of the Vinyl rip songs.
And they're not even CD-rip. I'm definitely waiting for a proper release. But I'm very glad to see how everyone reacts. I think I'm gonna dig this fucking record.

Caín

This record fucking slams. Second half is incredible. Deftones got off their asses and finally pushed themselves creatively. I can kind of feel the SNW disjointedness, but, holy shit, the textures, guitar interplay and odd signatures sure make up for it.

chuckles

Now all I need is the booklet
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Ripe91

I'm gonna say that rubicon really lives up the hype

Caín

Quote from: Ripe91 on Apr 03, 2016, 02:13 PM

I get a Damone PLUS vibe from that song. In the best way possible.

Caín

Yo, and fuck that Phantom Bride solo hater. Shit is amazing. And you can't tell me that Stef would not be able to play this shit.

sharinglungs

Quote from: chuckles on Apr 03, 2016, 02:12 PM
Now all I need is the booklet

I just want the damn lyrics lol

pinata89

underneaththecar

Quote from: Caín on Apr 03, 2016, 02:14 PM
Quote from: Ripe91 on Apr 03, 2016, 02:13 PM

I get a Damone PLUS vibe from that song. In the best way possible.

I'm definitely hearing shades of this as well

Numina

I'd love to share in the joy, if someone would be so kind.

Divided_Spirit

So far I am loving this so much more than KNY, and for the record I loved DE. If I had to rate albums from most favorite to least favorite including this I'd say:

Self-Titled (call me crazy it just fits perfectly with my soul)
White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Gore (for now, may go up considerably once the record marinates and I hear it live)
Adrenaline
Saturday Night Wrist
Around the Fur
Koi No Yokan

Also Sergio is KILLING IT on this record. And that scream at the end of Gore is one of Chino's best.

guizz

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 03, 2016, 02:11 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 03, 2016, 02:10 PM

And they're not even CD-rip. I'm definitely waiting for a proper release. But I'm very glad to see how everyone reacts. I think I'm gonna dig this fucking record.
yup. me too, kinda feel i ruined Acid Hologram, but i just heard it once and it's so fucking weird i have no idea what the fuck just happened. a second listen is necessary, which is a fucking great feeling. it's not straight up pop music at all.

HooiserBowhunter

Can someone send me the link to the album please I can't make it to Friday after hearing phantom bride and acid hologram.

x Rx King x

Quote from: Numina on Apr 03, 2016, 02:16 PM
I'd love to share in the joy, if someone would be so kind.

Kindly empty your inbox first :)

wkcwkc

This is all so incredible...an unbelievable collection of songs! 

Can anyone PM or email Gore to me?  Having trouble un-archinving that file.  Thanks in advance!  chasenverve@gmail.com