Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouWOuldKnow

I hope they do an HD Tracks release because the KNY HD is really, really good. KNY is the only album I don't have on wax. I need to fix that

BallZDeeP

i cant wait to hear 320 geo and pittura

YouWOuldKnow

I've been alternating between Gore and the new Autolux record, Pussy's Dead. Good combo

Reichward

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 11:39 PM
i cant wait to hear 320 geo and pittura
Can't wait to hear the whole album looseless.

Slacker

Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 03, 2016, 11:38 PM
I hope they do an HD Tracks release because the KNY HD is really, really good. KNY is the only album I don't have on wax. I need to fix that

qobuz has it. i was all over it, the second they posted it.

pony_01

last part of gore lol

ominousnimbus

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 11:32 PM
how does one burn flac to a cd? isnt it too big?
Nope. Audio CDs are essentially comprised of WAV files for each track, which are 1440 kbps (kilobits per second). FLAC files take the information in WAV files and compress them losslessly - meaning that no information is lost, but small shortcuts are used to reduce the file size a bit. You usually end up with FLAC files that average a bitrate around 1000 kbps, or 30% smaller than the original CD's audio files.

If you burn the FLAC files to a data CD just to store them, you should be able to fit closer to 100 minutes of stereo 16-bit audio, as opposed to the 60-70 minutes usually found on an audio CD. If you want to burn a "real" audio CD that can be played by older disc players, then you'll be uncompressing the FLAC files to WAV format first before burning, and ultimately you'll end up with a disc that's identical to the retail audio CD. Assuming you start out with properly-ripped FLAC files in the first place, of course.

Many CD burning programs should allow you to do this, but Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is one for Windows that pays attention to all the small details, if you're wanting to perfectly replicate the original disc.

mono

Hope there's also an instrumental version. I'd love to listen rubicon and phantom bride instrumentals

pixElsblUr

Presently at my first listen of the album.. Is great so far  geometric headdress sounds dope!

Raswid

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 04, 2016, 12:01 AM
the 24 bit release of Gore

Is there big difference between 16bit and 24bit ?

Now, I'm curious is Hearts/Wires can sound better from what I bought (16bit) ?

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: YouWOuldKnow on Apr 03, 2016, 11:40 PM
I've been alternating between Gore and the new Autolux record, Pussy's Dead. Good combo

shit - why have I not already got the new Autolux?! All this hype over Gore.. I've completely forgot they dropped a new one. I'm also looking forward to the new M83 album

from_musings

listened to the record a little: it's really good for most part. while dark, not as dark as i imagined. like the sound of it though,chino sounds great and overall it seems/feels like they put a lot of effort in it. probably best record since s/t, time will tell

standouts for now:

acid hologram:

pieced together like frankensteins monster. the opening 2-chord verse is melancholic shoegazey MBV/SP sounding,really great simple as it is, nice melodies to it.the sudden turn to the happy part,which reminds me of romantic dreams chorus, is weird. 3rd part's good and the part where it breaks down to super downtuned freakish evil shit is badass.chino sounds like a hungover satan mumbeling shit.it's like a fever dream or something. frank's effects doesn't ruin anything. cool song 4/5

h/w best song on the album i think,good for all the obvious reasons, but really good to hear them not dive into the chorus as soon as possible like may times during d.e and kny. 4.5/5

phantom bride. when it started i thought "oh great,another whty-song" (worst deftones song imo) but chino's melodies was better. and then the chorus comes in and it's really grabbing. it's not chino reaching for an emotion that isn't there (it has happened on later records) shit cuts deep.
the transition from cantrell's solo to stephens shit in the end seemed like the best moment on the record for me.probably will change 4/5

wtf moment: when deftones plays that skate punkrock like nofx/lagwagon part in g.headress (cool fast song though)

worst moment: pittura infamente. i don't even

beaverwithfishyshoes

so now, was the vinyl rip done crappy on purpose.... or can we expect a better rip tomorrow?

Deadradio

anyone have a link they could PM me? Thanks!

Thomprint

I'm hearing whispers in the wind that there's a 320 rip floating about somewhere.