Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Blonde

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 11:09 PM
Please someone else acknowledge the gigantic gap there is between the leak and this. People need to know.

It's a big difference in clarity/quality.  Ppl who got the fake 320 can tell.  PT and DU sound much better

cvthedrv

i am not an english native speaker so it is very dificult to me catch every word that chino says, please write the lyrics!!!, im very intrigued about the lyrical topics of gore.

Wraith584

just heard Hearts/Wires on theprp..... the best deftones song I've heard in a very long time, amazing

over the last day I've apparently missed that the full album has leaked? can anyone point me in the direction of that? (I've already pre-ordered the album, paid for)

Hinojos

Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 04, 2016, 12:24 AM
i am not an english native speaker so it is very dificult to me catch every word that chino says, please write the lyrics!!!, im very intrigued about the lyrical topics of gore.

I'm a native English speaker and it's even hard for me at times lol, I'm just waiting on a high quality rip or the final product before I really dive in and dissect it.

pinata89

Quote from: Thomprint on Apr 04, 2016, 12:22 AM
I'm hearing whispers in the wind that there's a 320 rip floating about somewhere.
I'm not hearing those same whispers. But if the whispers become audible noises, please keep me in your thoughts😉

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: Wraith584 on Apr 04, 2016, 12:25 AM
just heard Hearts/Wires on theprp..... the best deftones song I've heard in a very long time, amazing

over the last day I've apparently missed that the full album has leaked? can anyone point me in the direction of that? (I've already pre-ordered the album, paid for)

pm.
best so far. also h/w on spotify

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: Thomprint on Apr 04, 2016, 12:22 AM
I'm hearing whispers in the wind that there's a 320 rip floating about somewhere.

it says 320.
but it isnt.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: Hinojos on Apr 04, 2016, 12:26 AM

I'm a native English speaker and it's even hard for me at times lol, I'm just waiting on a high quality rip or the final product before I really dive in and dissect it.
Lol that's one of the first things that drew me to Chino's vocal style..

DFTNSHXGRM

I'm totally fine with the rip we got. We will hear it in all of its full quality glory on Friday

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: ominousnimbus on Apr 03, 2016, 11:48 PM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 11:32 PM
how does one burn flac to a cd? isnt it too big?
Nope. Audio CDs are essentially comprised of WAV files for each track, which are 1440 kbps (kilobits per second). FLAC files take the information in WAV files and compress them losslessly - meaning that no information is lost, but small shortcuts are used to reduce the file size a bit. You usually end up with FLAC files that average a bitrate around 1000 kbps, or 30% smaller than the original CD's audio files.

If you burn the FLAC files to a data CD just to store them, you should be able to fit closer to 100 minutes of stereo 16-bit audio, as opposed to the 60-70 minutes usually found on an audio CD. If you want to burn a "real" audio CD that can be played by older disc players, then you'll be uncompressing the FLAC files to WAV format first before burning, and ultimately you'll end up with a disc that's identical to the retail audio CD. Assuming you start out with properly-ripped FLAC files in the first place, of course.

Many CD burning programs should allow you to do this, but Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is one for Windows that pays attention to all the small details, if you're wanting to perfectly replicate the original disc.

This is really informative. I had no idea. I recently converted my Deftones library to flac and can completely tell the improvement in quality difference. I'd like to have Gore in the highest quality available.

Highest quality would be cd rip > Flac > converted to MP3 for my iTunes?

Thomprint

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 04, 2016, 12:30 AM
I'm totally fine with the rip we got. We will hear it in all of its full quality glory on Friday

I mean, I heard a good chunk of it already, AH, Gore, PB, and now Hearts / Wires but I think I want to save the rest for when a CD rip appears. I want my first impression to be under the best sound quality.

cvthedrv

Quote from: Hinojos on Apr 04, 2016, 12:26 AM

hahhahaha, sometimes it feels like he's talkimg another language.

N0S3BLEED976

Hearts and Wires is up on Spotify

RaptureWS

Hey everyone! I stayed up until 10am listening to Gore (vinyl rip). Just woke up a bit ago and it looks like there may be a higher quality rip? Can I get a P? Can I get a M? Can I get a PM?!?!

lol thanks guys! This album is fucking phenomenal and it's great to see you guys enjoy it too! Is there anyone not feeling it? I know a lot of Korn and Slipknot fans from other Deftones communities are not feeling this album at all and for some reason it makes me smile :) This album will probably become my 2nd favorite behind only ATF. I adore KNY/De as well but Gore really just slays those albums in so many ways.

What is also funny is that some of my favorite Deftones moments are the big, guitar heavy parts with Chino screaming either before or after a soaring chorus...i.e. Lotion, Royal, Needles, Korea, etc. For the most part there is nothing like that on Gore, but I don't even mind. It is simply not needed. The anticipation-to-payoff comes in different ways on this album and I love it. I hope that makes sense. Anyways, yeah a PM to a higher quality version would be wonderful. Thanks!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Thomprint

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Apr 04, 2016, 12:31 AM
Nope. Audio CDs are essentially comprised of WAV files for each track, which are 1440 kbps (kilobits per second). FLAC files take the information in WAV files and compress them losslessly - meaning that no information is lost, but small shortcuts are used to reduce the file size a bit. You usually end up with FLAC files that average a bitrate around 1000 kbps, or 30% smaller than the original CD's audio files.

If you burn the FLAC files to a data CD just to store them, you should be able to fit closer to 100 minutes of stereo 16-bit audio, as opposed to the 60-70 minutes usually found on an audio CD. If you want to burn a "real" audio CD that can be played by older disc players, then you'll be uncompressing the FLAC files to WAV format first before burning, and ultimately you'll end up with a disc that's identical to the retail audio CD. Assuming you start out with properly-ripped FLAC files in the first place, of course.

Many CD burning programs should allow you to do this, but Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is one for Windows that pays attention to all the small details, if you're wanting to perfectly replicate the original disc.

This is really informative. I had no idea. I recently converted my Deftones library to flac and can completely tell the improvement in quality difference. I'd like to have Gore in the highest quality available.

Unless you own a highend pair of studio quality headphones, you're not likely to tell the difference between a 320kbps file and a FLAC file.

Hinojos

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 04, 2016, 12:34 AM
Hearts and Wires is up on Spotify

Not for me yet (in Texas)

neirda

Hi there, I've been out last night and things have evolved apparently.
I still haven't listened to the record. Please could someone pm the high quality one.

kly617

Quote from: Thomprint on Apr 04, 2016, 12:36 AM
Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Apr 04, 2016, 12:31 AM

Unless you own a highend pair of studio quality headphones, you're not likely to tell the difference between a 320kbps file and a FLAC file.

Pretty much this. I'll settle with a 320kbps copy. I just have some shitty cheap sony headphones atm.

pinata89

If there's a hi quality one, i would like it too. I only have the original vinyl rip from this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Blonde

If someone has the hq and feels like sending me a pm, I'd love it .  I get I'm not a familiar.  I do lurk, but so do alot of fans.

This album is epic