Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pelican fly

Quote from: Poltergeist on Apr 04, 2016, 04:43 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but greGOREio or whatever his username was turned out to be correct about "Rubicon". The song reuses lyrics from "Hexagram" like he hinted.

he was right about everything.

BallZDeeP

Have a good night family. Catch you on the flipside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far away

After the 2nd time, my take on the record is:

- Prayers/Triangles - I liked. It's not a ground breaker, but its a really cool song. idk why the majority of ppl in here hated it.

- Acid Hologram - cool song. i liked how chino treated this one.

- Doomed User - Just... meh.

- Geometric headdress - This one could be literally erased from the record and i would not miss it, at ALL. just weird and not my thing.

- Hearts/Wires - this one is by far my favorite. Just pure bliss. Even tho the record as a whole does not make them justice (and thats just ME), this one is fucking AMAZING. If they filled the record with this song alone being played 11 times, i would still buy it. Fucking epic.

- Pittura Infamante - ... theres a riff in the song i really liked and thats it.

- Xenon - cool but not great. Still a good one.

- (L)mirl - pretty sweet bass line. Weird vibe, kinda dark. A really nice one.

- Gore - I just dont know why chino still try to reach high notes while singing in this rhythm. He starts to crack and it sounds awful, imo. Its being like that since most of the songs after SNW. Intrumentally, its ok, but im not a big fan of it either, seems like someone needs to make Stef stop listening to Meshuggah all the time, lol. After all the reviews, I expected more from this one.

- Phantom bride - nice breeze. slow paced. loved the guitars and how well Chino fits in. The Jerry Cantrell contribution is a great touch.

- Rubicon - All hail the king Abe. The guy is just too good. Like i mentioned before, i sensed some Failure in this one. Idk, tonewise... maybe.

Overall, it has its moments, but they do not excite me like they used to. I didnt skip a single song back then and now its like each record i like less and less songs... maybe its just me. Also, dont take this as anything but an opinion. I dont want to start any drama or argument. You agree? Nice. You dont? Ok, as long as you dont bash me.

Hinojos

Haven't heard the good quality version yet but just got this email, yessssss

King Leer

all im wondering is:

were the chuck snippets really Phantom Bride?

Inkblades

Quote from: Far away on Apr 04, 2016, 04:58 AM

- Prayers/Triangles - I liked. It's not a ground breaker, but its a really cool song. idk why the majority of ppl in here hated it.

- Geometric headdress - This one could be literally erased from the record and i would not miss it, at ALL. just weird and not my thing.

- Hearts/Wires - this one is by far my favorite. Just pure bliss. Even tho the record as a whole does not make them justice (and thats just ME), this one is fucking AMAZING. If they filled the record with this song alone being played 11 times, i would still buy it. Fucking epic.

- Pittura Infamante - ... theres a riff in the song i really liked and thats it.

- Gore - I just dont know why chino still try to reach high notes while singing in this rhythm. He starts to crack and it sounds awful, imo. Its being like that since most of the songs after SNW. Intrumentally, its ok, but im not a big fan of it either, seems like someone needs to make Stef stop listening to Meshuggah all the time, lol. After all the reviews, I expected more from this one.

- Phantom bride - nice breeze. slow paced. loved the guitars and how well Chino fits in. The Jerry Cantrell contribution is a great touch.

- Rubicon - All hail the king Abe. The guy is just too good. Like i mentioned before, i sensed some Failure in this one. Idk, tonewise... maybe.

Overall, it has its moments, but they do not excite me like they used to. I didnt skip a single song back then and now its like each record i like less and less songs... maybe its just me. Also, dont take this as anything but an opinion. I dont want to start any drama or argument. You agree? Nice. You dont? Ok, as long as you dont bash me.

Well, seems you like 7 of the 11 songs. I'd say that still makes a decent album overall. And maybe those four others will click for you down the road.

Inkblades

Nope, the Chuck snippets are for something else. Crosses or Team Sleep, perhaps?

King Leer

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 04, 2016, 05:05 AM
Nope, the Chuck snippets are for something else. Crosses or Team Sleep, perhaps?

which goes to show just how many fucking idiots lurk around here.

RaptureWS

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 04, 2016, 04:30 AM
Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 04, 2016, 04:29 AM
RUBICON
Yeassssss

This. Rubicon is very possibly my favorite song. Ever. So powerful, emotional, triumphant and soaring. In a strange way it reminds of Damone(which is a fantastic song as well) as they both have a feeling of finality and triumph.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

play

Does anyone have a better quality 320 kps version?

Or is everyone still listening to the vinyl rip?

Far away

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 04, 2016, 05:04 AM
Quote from: Far away on Apr 04, 2016, 04:58 AM

Well, seems you like 7 of the 11 songs. I'd say that still makes a decent album overall. And maybe those four others will click for you down the road.

yep. i'd say so. ill listening tomorrow morning a few more times, fresh.  Maybe the other 4 will click like you said, who knows? :)

TaintfullyRegretful

Can someone please send me a link? I haven't been on all day and found out about the leak through a friend.

RaptureWS

Quote from: King Leer on Apr 04, 2016, 05:07 AM

You can't blame them for believing those two riffs (not the solo) were new Deftones. I know Deftones change their sound a lot and often do unexpected things but those two clips were very, very Deftones-esque imho.

Inkblades

Yeah, and the soloing on the snippet also sounded a lot like Cantrell. Makes me think it's either a Lopez solo or Chino also asked Cantrell to play on a side project song.

Freedomsoldier17

i was caught off guard when i ended up not hearing the instagram solo on phantom bride. it's still a pretty neat moment though, considering DT has never done a solo before. PB overall...epic song

also i get this urge to listen to weezer after listening to rubicon

ANattyRat

Back! Did I miss anything, higher quality rip or anything? Man, this album is amazing, it was hard to sleep with all the songs running through my head.

RaptureWS

I am saving those two riff clips to Shazam down the road. The solo was good but didn't particualrly impress me. Those two riffs were huge though.

King Leer

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 04, 2016, 05:12 AM
Quote from: King Leer on Apr 04, 2016, 05:07 AM

You can't blame them for believing those two riffs (not the solo) were new Deftones. I know Deftones change their sound a lot and often do unexpected things but those two clips were very, very Deftones-esque imho.

im sorry but i just couldn't get it through my skull that chuck would be such an asshole to just leak an epic part of a song of a band he's not even part of... so yeah i kinda blame them making it seem that "chuck's riffs" were new deftones.

that being said i'm glad the solo took you guys by surprise. it made it more epic.

TheyCallMeP

Unpopular thought: Phantom Bride is a monster track but the ending of it seems a little overdone to me (after one listen, admittedly). I feel like Beware, Rosemary, and Phantom Bride have the same chugging type ending. Only it felt a little more in place in the previous tracks. Feel free to disagree, just my initial reaction.