Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redeemer96

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:04 AM
I don't really know what to say.

Well the great thing about deftones is that not every song or album is for everyone. I could see how you felt chinos vocals werent well mixed nd felt very different than before, which may have to do in part with the new producer...or because of the quality from the vinyl rip. Regardless of the reason give it another try on friday, your mind might change a little.
Heres H/W in radio quality http://www.upsetmagazine.com/listen/deftones-unveil-new-track-heartswires/ which imo chino sounds much better than on the vinyl rip.

shoop

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:20 AM
The thing is the dynamics are so important. So in the version I got, the two initial tracks that have been around for a while on YouTube, they sounded great. Everything else sounded so flat. If that's just a quality issue then I can at least know that hearing them sounding the same quality as the initial tracks will be different.
I assume it'll be a bit more of an enjoyable listen for you when proper quality comes around. At least you can digest it easier and more properly. I'd just wait to reserve judgement as you might enjoy certain things about certain sounds on the album. Just listen with a good system at least. Even that H/W radio link above isn't near the proper quality. The official download sounded so much more rich.

redeemer96

Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 09:30 AM
Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:20 AM
The thing is the dynamics are so important. So in the version I got, the two initial tracks that have been around for a while on YouTube, they sounded great. Everything else sounded so flat. If that's just a quality issue then I can at least know that hearing them sounding the same quality as the initial tracks will be different.
I assume it'll be a bit more of an enjoyable listen for you when proper quality comes around. At least you can digest it easier and more properly. I'd just wait to reserve judgement as you might enjoy certain things about certain sounds on the album. Just listen with a good system at least. Even that H/W radio link above isn't near the proper quality. The official download sounded so much more rich.

Im sure this will be the case especially in the few albums i found flat nd dull...xenon really could sound amazing once the dynamics are pronounced. Whats for sure is that this is deftones' calmest album but amazing none the least

ToneDef

Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 04, 2016, 09:28 AM

Well the great thing about deftones is that not every song or album is for everyone. I could see how you felt chinos vocals werent well mixed nd felt very different than before, which may have to do in part with the new producer...or because of the quality from the vinyl rip. Regardless of the reason give it another try on friday, your mind might change a little.
Heres H/W in radio quality http://www.upsetmagazine.com/listen/deftones-unveil-new-track-heartswires/ which imo chino sounds much better than on the vinyl rip.

Boom. This is pretty much all I needed. Thanks. Sounds fantastic. Had myself kind of lost there.

FYI don't listen to a shitty quality leak on poweramp through a dodgy levels preset.

shoop

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 09:43 AM
Quote from: redeemer96 on Apr 04, 2016, 09:28 AM

Boom. This is pretty much all I needed. Thanks. Sounds fantastic. Had myself kind of lost there.

FYI don't listen to a shitty quality leak on poweramp through a dodgy levels preset.
That's still nowhere near proper quality though, unless you're not listening on halfway decent speakers. Just a heads up. I think people who are on the edge about the album will eventually enjoy it a bit more when listening again Friday or whenever it leaks.

77years

Lots of phd dissertations in here

Just crank the shit up

ToneDef

Okay, so I'm listening again, just through a different player and it sounds different to my first listen. I feel kinda stupid. 90 percent of my musical consumption these days is either in the car, which sounds pretty good, or out of my phone speakers when I'm cooking or in the shower or some shit. So I was like Yeah man, fucking download Poweramp again, get the headphones on, smoke a joint, get in bed, get that fucking Gore going.

I think I had my phone doing one thing to the sound, the app doing another with a preset and it fucked it up. That combined with the blind listen.

I got it running much cleaner now and I'm happier. I can actually hear all the nuances, or at least enough to get an idea, and they're so important.

shoop

Hopefully people check their local stores again today. Like that one dude who tried getting it Saturday but was a bit too late. Can't wait..

shoop

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 10:03 AM
I got it running much cleaner now and I'm happier. I can actually hear all the nuances, or at least enough to get an idea, and they're so important.
Check your inbox if you haven't already.

77years

Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 10:08 AM
Hopefully people check their local stores again today. Like that one dude who tried getting it Saturday but was a bit too late. Can't wait..

Tomorrow will be the US receiving in store day generally, I'm almost positive I'll get one then

redeemer96

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 04, 2016, 10:03 AM
Okay, so I'm listening again, just through a different player and it sounds different to my first listen. I feel kinda stupid. 90 percent of my musical consumption these days is either in the car, which sounds pretty good, or out of my phone speakers when I'm cooking or in the shower or some shit. So I was like Yeah man, fucking download Poweramp again, get the headphones on, smoke a joint, get in bed, get that fucking Gore going.

I think I had my phone doing one thing to the sound, the app doing another with a preset and it fucked it up. That combined with the blind listen.

Same here, I was able to adjust my poweramp eq along with my car stereo to get a better sound nd enjoyed it more, then with that radio leak with my audio technicas it sounded even better, seriously Friday can't come sooner

77years

I almost don't want to listen to the vinyl rip CD I burned because I think I was playing it too much yesterday

shoop

Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 10:17 AM
I almost don't want to listen to the vinyl rip CD I burned because I think I was playing it too much yesterday
Don't do it. I didn't listen to the vinyl rip again at all today and my excitement is coming back all over again as if I haven't heard the album yet. Feels good.

77years

Shoop what are your favorite tracks

shoop

Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 10:19 AM
I honestly just can't really say yet. I kind of purposely haven't memorized too much of anything until better quality comes. I remember thinking Rubicon capped the album off beautifully as hell though. Also appreciated the trippyness of Acid Hologram. Hearts/Wires I guess didn't do as much for me as it seemed to do for others until I heard the official download today, instantly better and growing on me. I was dead tired when I first heard it all and can't remember too much of it, which i'm now thankful for. I'll digest & dissect the shit out of it as soon as a cd-rip comes though. So stoked.

Also, P/T sounded a whole lot better after hearing it in sequence with the album. Same with Doomed User. They make a bit more sense now to me.

77years

Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 10:19 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 10:17 AM
Don't do it. I didn't listen to the vinyl rip again at all today and my excitement is coming back all over again as if I haven't heard the album yet. Feels good.

Yeah I'm going to follow that advice, I felt myself getting a little burned out on some of it yesterday and don't want that to happen

NYRexall

Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 10:00 AM
Lots of phd dissertations in here

Just crank the shit up

I agree. Over a shitty vinyl rip. If you ask me, nobody has any right to be disappointed because they couldn't hold out an extra six days and wait for the high-quality versions to hit the street

77years

Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 10:25 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 04, 2016, 10:19 AM
I honestly just can't really say yet. I kind of purposely haven't memorized too much of anything until better quality comes. I remember thinking Rubicon capped the album off beautifully as hell though. Also appreciated the trippyness of Acid Hologram. Hearts/Wires I guess didn't do as much for me as it seemed to do for others until I heard the official download today, instantly better and growing on me. I was dead tired when I first heard it all and can't remember too much of it, which i'm now thankful for. I'll dissect the shit out of it as soon as a cd-rip comes though. So stoked.

Also, P/T sounded a whole lot better after hearing it in sequence with the album. Same with Doomed User. They make a bit more sense now to me.

I agree about hearts/wires, took me some time to get into that. Acid hologram is a highlight. I was really burning through the second half of the album more, it just seems really heavy, emotionally as well, the sequencing is perfect. They really took great care to the order of songs this time around.

I'm going to tell you though, LMIRL is just fucking phenomenal. I don't know how in the hell you even write a song like that. It blows my mind every time I hear it. When the official version comes out I'm just going to spend a week listening to it.

77years

Quote from: shoop on Apr 04, 2016, 10:25 AM

Absolutely agree.  I started liking them much more

lungdamage

I think this order would have been cool too:

gore
prayers/triangles
doomed user
geometric headdress
acid hologram
hearts-wires
pittura infamante
Xenon
phantom bride