Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 04, 2016, 04:08 PM

Downloading what looks to be a legit 320k rip right now. Will check back after I verify it's authenticity.

EDIT: Fake. Only tracks that were Deftones were PT and DU, the rest was some other band looking to ride coat tails.

Stay away from the supposed 320k rip on the torrent site which I won't name directly but will just say it usually kicks...ass....

Keep us posted. I stopped listening to this vinyl rip till the real deal arrives

Qwerty1921

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gore is the Deftones record which sounds the most like.... a Quicksand record.

Sergio apparently contributed a lot in the songwriting, and you can really feel that. It might be the first record when I trully hear his impact and influence on the band sound.

BallZDeeP

Cant wait to hear it all the way its meant to be heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurid Vega

I like Quicksand, Hum, etc. Personally think it's an awesome album.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

el perro

This might be the first Deftones album I don't get. It sounds like a covers album with each song reminding me of a song written by someone else. Deftones used to be innovators, but now they're imitators.. This album demonstrates that Chino really doesn't understand anything about song writing. He just makes a lot of noise doing the same things he's always does every album and made the mistake of ignoring Stephen this time and go along with Serj who apparently isn't any better.

zukixgor9

Hearts/Wires in good quality !!! ;)

I deleted the link, sorry -->  google, last 24 hours, Heart Wires Flac

Reichward

Quote from: el perro on Apr 04, 2016, 04:33 PM
This might be the first Deftones album I don't get. It sounds like a covers album with each song reminding me of a song written by someone else. Deftones used to be innovators, but now they're imitators.. This album demonstrates that Chino really doesn't understand anything about song writing. He just makes a lot of noise doing the same things he's always does every album and made the mistake of ignoring Stephen this time and go along with Serj who apparently isn't any better.
Tell me which band they imitated when they covered Hearts/Wires then, cause it's got to be a fucking good band.

Vesanic

Keep the HQ download links off this board's threads if possible. As well as the low quality rips for that matter.

LG95

Just...what?
I could float here forever

Freedomsoldier17

8 studio albums? been a band for 28 years? endless hours of playing concerts and shows and being in the music business? I think he knows a pretty good deal about being a song writer dude

BallZDeeP

Is that record spin supposed to be at the end of AH?

pinata89

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 04, 2016, 04:47 PM

Good question...anyone know?

kurtone

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 04, 2016, 04:47 PM

I think so, I think its part of the song rewinding, or "reverse" as Chino sings.

seasick

Quote from: Qwerty1921 on Apr 04, 2016, 04:31 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gore is the Deftones record which sounds the most like.... a Quicksand record.

Sergio apparently contributed a lot in the songwriting, and you can really feel that. It might be the first record when I trully hear his impact and influence on the band sound.

I see what you're getting at, and I don't mind it one bit.  8) Manic Compression is one of my favorite albums, and Sergio is an incredible bass player, so I think it's great that he's coming out into his own on this one.

lol. I love when people turn one release they dislike into the band supposedly spiraling into mediocrity. "This might be the first Deftones album I don't get... Now they're imitators, and Chino doesn't understand anything." I wasn't exactly picking up all of the vibes that KNY was putting down, but I could still tell that Deftones is a quality band with excellent musicianship.

Luckily for me this might end up being my favorite thing of theirs that's come out in at least 10 years.

edit: I can't type, apparently.

shine down unshy

On top of the crux
I'll climb every rung
to bathe in your sun light...

I kneel at the altar
i promise you i will stay till the end
I will hold in place and feel your dreams
let us drink to the gods

i will sing
i will sing your praises
i will scream
i will scream your praises..

BallZDeeP

Quote from: shine down unshy on Apr 04, 2016, 05:05 PM
On top of the crux
I'll climb every rung

I kneel at the altar
let us drink to the gods

i will sing
i will sing your praises
i will scream
Wtf is this? Partial lyrics?

Bergerac

On top of the crux
I'll climb every rung

I kneel at the altar
let us drink to the gods

i will sing
i will sing your praises
i will scream

Indeed. Pittura is now one of my favourites.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Bergerac on Apr 04, 2016, 05:14 PM
On top of the crux
I'll climb every rung

I kneel at the altar
let us drink to the gods

i will sing
i will sing your praises
i will scream

Indeed. Pittura is now one of my favourites.

Its my favorite of them all. I cant wait. Good job

illthrowROCKS@U

I've never actually considered Deftones "innovators," not particularly anyway.  They've always borrowed things, and their innovation has come mostly from mashing up their varied musical tastes.  Nothing they've ever done has been particularly "new," they've just combined various different styles and incorporated them into one song.  In doing so they've taken some styles and made them "better," or done them "right."  But as far as something completely new, I'm not sure if they've ever done that.

Gore is amazing, not sure what you're talking about man!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Freedomsoldier17