Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRexall

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 05, 2016, 04:27 AM
I wholeheartedly think this album will not let you down at the slightest. They really went all out with this one!

I already know it won't, because nothing they've done has ever disappointed me (*cue Jaypeyton entrance*)

It's down to me asking myself "Just how fucking far out the top of my skull is this album going to blow my mind...?"

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 05, 2016, 04:19 AM
Yeah I'd personally rather have the band write entirely new albums than release Eros.  This direction they've been going since Sergio entered the picture is amazing.

Well, if I am honest I'd say that I really didn't like the direction they were going. Well, comparitively to their earlier music anyway.

That all changed this week, though.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pinata89

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 05, 2016, 04:30 AM
Quote from: phil for real on Apr 05, 2016, 04:19 AM
Yeah I'd personally rather have the band write entirely new albums than release Eros.  This direction they've been going since Sergio entered the picture is amazing.

Well, if I am honest I'd say that I really didn't like the direction they were going. Well, comparitively to their earlier music anyway.

That all changed this week, though.
Ditto man. 100%

NYRexall

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 05, 2016, 03:59 AM
You were great in Miss Congeniality

Thanks, bruh

Was so sad when you died in The Hateful 8

77years

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 04:27 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 05, 2016, 03:57 AM

Hooks on Gore kill.  So much Cocteau Twins catchiness.  Kind of shit that never leaves your head.  I was cutting the grass and Xenon was bugging the shit out of me for hours. Couldn't leave me alone!

Okay hot shot...let's hear your top 11 Gore songs, based on infectious choruses/hooks

Best choruses for sure:
Phantom bride
Xenon
LMIRL
P/T

Generally catchy as fuck:
Pittura infamante
Geometric headdress
Acid hologram
Rubicon
H/W

Not really catchy but pummeling intensity:
Doomed user
Gore

NYRexall

Quote from: phil for real on Apr 05, 2016, 04:13 AM
I don't really understand why everyone wants Eros so much.  It's not even close to being completed.  I honestly think it'd be a little underwhelming as well.  As much as I hate what happened to Chi, I think as a band and musically it completely rejuvenated them.

Read that Spin interview Chino did that was posted a few days ago; he basically writes Eros off as a messy, uninspired jam session with little direction, that was still six months from completion when Chi had his accident

rainnyx4

LOL @ KNY not expanding their sound. There were so many things that they did on that album that they had never done before.

If you don't like the album that's fine. But at least come up with something that makes sense for why you don't like it.

NYRexall

So I'm curious to know...

How many of you on SL are jealous of the fact that I've yet to hear any of this album, and will do so for the first time in gleaming, screaming high-quality audio?  ;D

pinata89

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 04:40 AM

How many of you on SL are jealous of the fact that I've yet to hear any of this album yet, and will do so for the first time in gleaming, screaming high-quality audio?  ;D
Me. Pretty bummed lol

play

How many of you on SL are jealous of the fact that I've yet to hear any of this album, and will do so for the first time in gleaming, screaming high-quality audio?  ;D

Im not jealous. I too am yet to hear the mysterious beast that is music from our sac skater boys.

but slowly dying with anticipation. i guess i may be jealous of you're projected calmness about the situation.

77years

How many of you on SL are jealous of the fact that I've yet to hear any of this album yet, and will do so for the first time in gleaming, screaming high-quality audio?  ;D

You won't survive

I grew up on 10th generation and worse punk rock demos so not having a pristine copy of Gore is ok for a few days.  I had the mixdown demo of get your goat about a month before it came out and didn't care about sound quality, it was great. Not to mention zillions of live shows & sub par demos.  I'm ok with roughing it

shoop

I was until I stopped myself from listening to the shitty rip anymore, and I can hardly remember any of it. Except i've heard P/T and Doomed numerous times so I guess that's not the same. It'll still all be fresh to me though at least. You're ballsy though letting all the reviews hype it up for you so much. Hopefully you can enjoy it after all this lol

play

I actually went to my local JBhifi this morning. And desperately asked if Gore was available. I expressed i was very sad that every store i had been too had been sold out. I tried to trick the sales kid, by saying the friday release date is for amercia and he must have been given the wrong information.

Didn't work out as planned. So i may go back with a beanie and condoms later tonight after dark...

play

sorry i mean a beanie and bolt cutters....

NYRexall

What I need to do is go to the hardware store, buy a decent-sized piece of plexiglass, tack it to my music room wall, write the word GORE in black marker at the bottom, and spend the next three days re-reading the last 48 hours of this thread since the leak while I create one of those complex math formula things outlining all the comparisons, influences, visions, opinions, etc. people have expressed here

Color-coded and everything..

NYRexall

Quote from: shoop on Apr 05, 2016, 04:44 AM
You're ballsy though letting all the reviews hype it up for you so much. Hopefully you can enjoy it after all this lol

Omigod, this is the best part! Building my anticipation to a fever pitch here at SL before the album is released is a fucking Deftones tradition for me, lol

laurapalmer

As a manager at an NJ Target I feel like I'll have a hard time not risking my job to get at this tomorrow

Lurid Vega

I am man, wish I could've been that strong. So weak when it come to Deftones. But.. Friday will still be amazing. Cannot wait for full quality.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

NYRexall

Quote from: play on Apr 05, 2016, 04:42 AM

Im not jealous. I too am yet to hear the mysterious beast that is music from our sac skater boys.

but slowly dying with anticipation. i guess i may be jealous of you're projected calmness about the situation.

Oh believe me, mate...looks can be deceiving

I'm basically on...uh, pins and needles, just like you for this shit  ;D