Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Apr 06, 2016, 04:37 AM
Quote from: 77years on Apr 06, 2016, 04:34 AM
Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 06, 2016, 04:32 AM
remember Chino is totally cool with all this.

I'll make it up to him on the tour with a nice reach-around
They still have my full support on Friday, multiple copies

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

someone should ask him if he's heard the leak already?

Deft0neJ

Looking for some 320 love if someone could please hook a brother up with a PM.  Much Appreciated!

DFTNSHXGRM

damn, still people asking for PMs?! it's been out since Saturday night/Sunday early morning

RaptureWS

Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 06, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 05, 2016, 11:44 PM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 11:41 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 05, 2016, 01:19 PM
KNY was merely an extension of DE.

Wow, don't agree with this at all

The creative leap from DE to KNY was seismic, dude. DE was the band rediscovering their core foundation and delivering a tight, aggressive and quintessentially Deftones-sounding album. KNY was something way outside the box for them, like they took the sonic variations and layers of WP and melded them with a less-sinister version of SNW

I thought KNY was a career highlight for them, but reading all this Gore praise has me believing they were able to trump it with this new record...

I am looking forward to your thoughts on the album as much as a HQ rip at this point! YOU are making me nervous!

lol I'm fucking nervous, too! In a "Man, just how fucking AWESOME is this record really going to be?" kind of way. I'm incredibly keen to see how my mind processes it after being such a huge fan of this band for the last 20 years

This is a bonafide moment in my life -- as far as music is concerned -- that I will always look back on fondly

Me too. Deftones are major life events for me. Birth of children>Dad beating cancer>Deftones albums. The first two are obviously much more important but other than things like that....Deftones. I keep reliving the moment in my head when I first listened to Gore......it was quite a moving experience. In particular hearing Geo...first *new* song for me on the album that blew my mind when I was starting to lose hope because the first three tracks were good but not great. And then Rubicon.....If someone had a video of my first listen I probably would have looked like I was on bath salts or some shit. Half laughing half crying, pumping both fists in the air. I'm sure it sounds crazy even to the most hardcore Deftones fans but I am not sorry or ashamed. I love that I feel music the way I do. Been this way as long as I can remember. Most people have to do drugs to come close to anything like that. No other album has impacted me on first listen like Gore did. Time will tell where it stands all time for me but for now I am glad I enjoy it as much as I do.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

rainnyx4

Appreciate what they were trying to do with this album but...

KNY > Gore

Some choice tunes on here but the songwriting and flow on KNY overall is better.

DFTNSHXGRM

#hearditfirst

Adrenaline951

Thanks

rhaegar_

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 06, 2016, 04:43 AM
damn, still people asking for PMs?! it's been out since Saturday night/Sunday early morning

The vinyl rip has been out since then, the 320 or FLAC version has only surfaced today as far as I know

beaverwithfishyshoes

ur still on the vinyl rip?

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 06, 2016, 04:44 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 06, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 05, 2016, 11:44 PM
Quote from: NYRexall on Apr 05, 2016, 11:41 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 05, 2016, 01:19 PM
KNY was merely an extension of DE.

Wow, don't agree with this at all

The creative leap from DE to KNY was seismic, dude. DE was the band rediscovering their core foundation and delivering a tight, aggressive and quintessentially Deftones-sounding album. KNY was something way outside the box for them, like they took the sonic variations and layers of WP and melded them with a less-sinister version of SNW

I thought KNY was a career highlight for them, but reading all this Gore praise has me believing they were able to trump it with this new record...

I am looking forward to your thoughts on the album as much as a HQ rip at this point! YOU are making me nervous!

lol I'm fucking nervous, too! In a "Man, just how fucking AWESOME is this record really going to be?" kind of way. I'm incredibly keen to see how my mind processes it after being such a huge fan of this band for the last 20 years

This is a bonafide moment in my life -- as far as music is concerned -- that I will always look back on fondly

Me too. Deftones are major life events for me. Birth of children>Dad beating cancer>Deftones albums. The first two are obviously much more important but other than things like that....Deftones. I keep reliving the moment in my head when I first listened to Gore......it was quite a moving experience. In particular hearing Geo...first *new* song for me on the album that blew my mind when I was starting to lose hope because the first three tracks were good but not great. And then Rubicon.....If someone had a video of my first listen I probably would have looked like I was on bath salts or some shit. Half laughing half crying, pumping both fists in the air. I'm sure it sounds crazy even to the most hardcore Deftones fans but I am not sorry or ashamed. I love that I feel music the way I do. Most people have to do drugs to come close to anything like that. No other album has impacted me on first listen like Gore did. Time will tell where it stands all time for me but for now I am glad I enjoy it as much as I do.

There are no worries. don't overthink it.. This album is fucking beautiful. It's just that we can't grasp how great it is.. we feel like its a fling that will run away sooner or later. This album is the real deal.. it's amazing.

chevelle1984

FLAC For me please and thanks?
sw1tched@rogers.com

Lurid Vega

NYRexall, I think you're going to love this album. I want to hear what you have to say come Fri/Sat

Vesanic

Can hook up some with a FLAC.

beaverwithfishyshoes

Acid Hologram me like best.

worship

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 06, 2016, 04:41 AM

I thought that the point of his post is that he also shared leak? Or I didn't get it.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 06, 2016, 04:46 AM

Oh fuck - I didn't know that! My apologies. I haven't been too worried about a better rip cause its coming out in a few days. I've just been jamming this record so hard.. I've hardly been on the computer since Sunday. Finding any little thing I can do while listening to the album lol

Lurid Vega

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 06, 2016, 04:41 AM
So, I finally found some great nuggs - listening to it in a different headspace. This album is fucking perfection. I get why Chino said "heady" haha. Every songs flows into the next. This album is hypnotizing from beginning to end.
Haha, yeah man. This weekend, plan on listening to the album from a different perspective myself

BallZDeeP

enjoy your night children

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: worship on Apr 06, 2016, 04:48 AM
Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 06, 2016, 04:41 AM

I thought that the point of his post is that he also shared leak? Or I didn't get it.

no its a play on words.. 'sharinglungs' into 'sharing leaks' for the lil' bandits we are.

Lurid Vega

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 06, 2016, 04:49 AM
Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Apr 06, 2016, 04:46 AM

Oh fuck - I didn't know that! My apologies. I haven't been too worried about a better rip cause its coming out in a few days. I've just been jamming this record so hard.. I've hardly been on the computer since Sunday. Finding any little thing I can do while listening to the album lol
Oh my God, wait until you hear it in full quality. Way different