Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesluvrbrazil

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Apr 06, 2016, 07:26 AM
I wish they wouldn't have left the other 5 songs off this record :/
Am I the only feeling a sad vibe in this album?

I feel a weird vibe, that's not necessarily bad. It isn't sad nor happy, just weird. Xenon though has a HAPPY vibe, I've never heard a a happy song by Deftones.

3004pd

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 06, 2016, 07:12 AM
Quote from: kornpac on Apr 06, 2016, 06:59 AM
so no one wants to help any of us newer members out getting a link? You guys seem to just keep passing amongst all the vets...please send me a link guys. email: slipvayne329@yahoo.com

It's not about how long you've been a fan. When the vinyl rip was here, we said we wouldn't give it to members who'd signed up just to get the album, because then it'd get spread around the Internet, and that was against the wishes of the person who ripped the album for us. But someone did give it to someone new, and what happened? Yeah, that new person uploaded it elsewhere and spread it around the Internet.
So whats the Point of having new members then? Just to get a numbers of replys how great is to read that full quality sounds better on your speakers? 😝

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

rhinehartallan@yahoo.com.   Btw, I'm using a mobile Phn at the moment till I get home in two hours if that matters...?
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

lahemi

Ugh ok, now that there's a HQ rip I'm finally caving in: Ves? Could you hook me up when you're reading this (and you remember me)?

punkflop01

Quote from: 3004pd on Apr 06, 2016, 07:30 AM
so no one wants to help any of us newer members out getting a link? You guys seem to just keep passing amongst all the vets...please send me a link guys. email: slipvayne329@yahoo.com

It's not about how long you've been a fan. When the vinyl rip was here, we said we wouldn't give it to members who'd signed up just to get the album, because then it'd get spread around the Internet, and that was against the wishes of the person who ripped the album for us. But someone did give it to someone new, and what happened? Yeah, that new person uploaded it elsewhere and spread it around the Internet.
So whats the Point of having new members then? Just to get a numbers of replys how great is to read that full quality sounds better on your speakers? 😝

I don't think that's the point. New users and fans are always welcome - it's always great to hear new opinions on the music. The problem is that most of the newbies usually don't contribute to the conversation. Most of their posts are to request for download links and that's not really being part of the sharing lungs community. That's just being a leech.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Anyone have the mega? S space link dead

ANattyRat

I don't get a sad vibe overall, but it's definitely the most diverse album they've put out in quite a while, in terms of emotions and mood. There's a lot more going on, like they've done the optimistic vibe and are now ready to look at not just good stuff, but bad too, darkness, sadness, etc. But a lot of songs have happy-ish lyrics or an uplifting switch in the music, even among dark/sad lyrics.

Phantom Bride though, definitely the saddest in terms of sound, in my opinion.

No. We get new members, but when people sign up just when the album has leaked, it's usually just because they want the album, and then they'll leave and never come back to the forum until the next album leaks.

3004pd

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 06, 2016, 07:42 AM

I don't get a sad vibe overall, but it's definitely the most diverse album they've put out in quite a while, in terms of emotions and mood. There's a lot more going on, like they've done the optimistic vibe and are now ready to look at not just good stuff, but bad too, darkness, sadness, etc. But a lot of songs have happy-ish lyrics or an uplifting switch in the music, even among dark/sad lyrics.

Phantom Bride though, definitely the saddest in terms of sound, in my opinion.

No. We get new members, but when people sign up just when the album has leaked, it's usually just because they want the album, and then they'll leave and never come back to the forum until the next album leaks.
But you do realise that when album.leaked Google search shows this place on first page?
That brings attentiin thats how i find you before gore was leaked.never sign in  just watched whats happening..

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Yeah pflop, I own 1 of 1000 copies of the vinyl box set...#687 I believe so do u have a good MP3 link I could get?? ;D if that's really what I gotta have send it please! This means I have probably way more than average than the average collector not to mention pics w the band at 4 diff places in Detroit and Royal oak MI area...,enough? I have more but this is silliness. If I were home at my desk I wld be relishing in Gore like u guys are... :-\

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Also been here on off since pre SNW w another name lol... Lost my password before 2010 and was easiest to start fresh. Love this band and some of this board

punkflop01

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Apr 06, 2016, 07:50 AM
Yeah pflop, I own 1 of 1000 copies of the vinyl box set...#687 I believe so do u have a good MP3 link I could get?? ;D if that's really what I gotta have send it please! This means I have probably way more than average than the average collector not to mention pics w the band at 4 diff places in Detroit and Royal oak MI area...,enough? I have more but this is silliness. If I were home at my desk I wld be relishing in Gore like u guys are... :-\

haha i actually don't have it cause i'm waiting for my pre-order on the 8th. If I was sharing it, and people were sending me pms asking for a link, I mean I'd want to know people were going to purchase the album for sure before I share it for free - especially for the new users with like 2 posts.  But that's just me. Like I said, I'm holding out until the 8th and for me I've been on this forum for over 10 years mainly for the discussions and mutual appreciation for a band I feel very strongly about. When Diamond Eyes leaked, I waited for my CD to arrive almost a month after release which was pretty painful! :P

Moz

I'm so happy, I've listened to the record 10 times now and it still feels fresh.

Epic bus journey of 14 hours coming up and then snowboarding the rest of the week. its always awesome to have new music with you when having new experiences.

So glad Deftones delivered a great record. Really diversifies their discography and a great record on its own.

I know some people say its just the honeymoon phase but for me, this truly feels like the third true classic Deftones record, right next to WP and ATF. So glad the boys still have it in them.

What a great band to be a fan of. I hope they have a couple more record in themselves. One very straight forward, hard ATF record would be cool (but probably wont happen), and one where they just blow the lid of the experimental, with long ass songs and shit. That would be great. Probably not going to happen though haha but I would love it.

lungdamage

Quote from: lungdamage on Apr 06, 2016, 01:08 AM
Can eventually someone pass along to me to, I shall come back when its not like this:

pm or email lungdamage@hotmail.com :)

^Bump from 6 hours ago :(

Can any one flick me a link, so I may board this train ?

(EDIT: Someone helped me out. You know who you are!)

MuffBiscuits

Loving every track on this album apart from one... am I the only one that thinks Hearts/Wires doesn't really deliver on how good its intro is? I mean, it's a really good song, just not at the level I was expecting.

ToneDef

Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 06, 2016, 07:29 AM
Might be a bit late for this, but I really think that people who share the music should probably ask for the people requesting for a link to send proof that they've purchased the album (screenshots, etc). Long time users of this board would definitely have no problem in doing so. This would help weed out the newbies who sit around waiting to get their hands on the music for free and never spend a cent on the music, shows, merchandise, etc.

LOL

I been on this thing since 2003. Haven't pre ordered a record since SNW. What, does that not make me worthy?

Moz

Quote from: MuffBiscuits on Apr 06, 2016, 08:13 AM
Loving every track on this album apart from one... am I the only one that thinks Hearts/Wires doesn't really deliver on how good its intro is? I mean, it's a really good song, just not at the level I was expecting.

It was def. a grower for me. Now that Im used to it I think its one of the strongest tracks on the record. A bit traditional sure, but in the same space Change was in. If they cut the intro short it would make one hell of single that might even become their biggest hit since Change. Probably wont happen.

MuffBiscuits

Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 08:27 AM

It was def. a grower for me. Now that Im used to it I think its one of the strongest tracks on the record. A bit traditional sure, but in the same space Change was in. If they cut the intro short it would make one hell of single that might even become their biggest hit since Change. Probably wont happen.

This makes me feel better. I'll keep spinning it haha

Moz

Quote from: MuffBiscuits on Apr 06, 2016, 08:29 AM
Quote from: Moz on Apr 06, 2016, 08:27 AM

This makes me feel better. I'll keep spinning it haha

It has the same structure as change: after the second chorus Chino adds an 'after-bridge' (the oooohooos, for lack of a better term). He mixes them up in the last chorus as well. Once the song really clicked it gave me goosebumps, in the same way Change gives me goosebumps during the oohoos after the chorus.

If that makes sense. lol.

ANattyRat

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 06, 2016, 08:21 AM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Apr 06, 2016, 07:29 AM
Might be a bit late for this, but I really think that people who share the music should probably ask for the people requesting for a link to send proof that they've purchased the album (screenshots, etc). Long time users of this board would definitely have no problem in doing so. This would help weed out the newbies who sit around waiting to get their hands on the music for free and never spend a cent on the music, shows, merchandise, etc.

LOL

I been on this thing since 2003. Haven't pre ordered a record since SNW. What, does that not make me worthy?

I think most people on the board asking for the leak have pre-ordered, or will buy, the album anyway. Most people who just download music are casual listeners. If you're sitting there lurking on a forum and registering just so you can ask for the leak straight away, safe to say you're a fan in the same boat as everyone else, who's just impatient and desperate for new music from a band they love.  So...people who do financially support the band.

Inkblades

I'm still trying to figure out why Steph disliked Hearts/Wires so much that he had to channel his inner "rapist" to get into it, lol. It's one of my favorites on Gore, but I can see traces of older songs in it (Beware, Rosemary, Goon Squad intro, etc.).