Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: shoop on Apr 08, 2016, 03:41 AM
Gwenudo, empty your inbox please, got a quick question
Go ahead
Was it like it seemed?...

gwenudo

Quote from: Jville808 on Apr 08, 2016, 03:42 AM
I'm making a pretty cool lyric vid for (L)Mirl on Adobe Premiere Pro, and don't wan't the effort to go to waste with some half-assed lyrics grabbed randomly online. I haven't had a chance to keep up with this post to see if any of you that have the album in hands has posted pics of everything yet or not...or even confirmed if the lyrics are included with the album. If so, can someone help me out be getting me a good HQ pic of the lyrics? You can email it to me at my forum name (at) hotmail. The sooner the better, so even if you see this and don't have the album in hands but know someone who does, please reach out to them and see if they can hook it up. I'd prefer to pull the lyrics directly from the album to anything else...surely somebody can hook it up. The video is ready to go minus the lyrics, and of course it'll be uploaded to YouTube as soon as it's done for all to enjoy.

Thanks.
Check out the lyrics thread, its there

NYRexall

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 08, 2016, 02:46 AM

And yeah these last few weeks have been pretty wild. I am really excited to see how the masses react to Gore. Most importantly though I am dying to know what NYRexall thinks! We've taken you down a path of no return dude. Your expectations are sky-fucking-high and I truly hope the music delivers for you. What time are you going to listen?

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 08, 2016, 02:49 AM

Yeah, can't wait for NYRexall's review. I hope it lives up to the hype. I recommend taking all criticism you've read up until now into consideration. I love this shit as do many others, but can't wait to see if you're thought process agrees with the advocates of this album.

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 02:53 AM
NYRexall, you have to promise that as soon as you listen to the album, you MUST give us your first impressions, weve been dying to see if it lived up to your hype 😂

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 02:57 AM

So, dude! When are you getting the album? Waiting for it to get delivered, digital download, etc.? Let us know what you think, you've held out for so long, congrats :D any plans on how you're going to absorb the new music?

I just downloaded the album to my phone through Apple Music. I'm looking at it right now

...but I'm still holding out until tomorrow. Waking up early and hitting the record store when they open to pick up the white vinyl and the CD (for the next six months of my driving pleasure). Then I'm turning back around and straight heading back home to crank this motherfucker.

I'll post to let ya'll know I'm about to go down the rabbit hole, then come back and let ya'll know what I think  ;D

The limited 180 gr. LP I bought from the website will be delivered tomorrow, but I doubt I'll open it if I already have the standard white LP for playing purposes.

draculakim

Dudeee this album is awesome loved DE & KNY but this one tops them. Just listened to the whole thing on wax all the way through and god damn there's some gold in it.

BallZDeeP

Ahhh sounds great now that im using my sennheiser earbuds. Waited for the itunes release for that...ahhhh we made it

gwenudo

Ok guys no joke, this Complete collection shit is legit. Im hearing things ive never heard before in the past, im not going crazy, much louder frank, much louder backup vocals, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moskwality

happy gore day.

Freedomsoldier17

and we are LIVE

Divided_Spirit

After listening to a damn clean FLAC all day, I've come to this conclusion:

I still love the record in terms of the writing and artistic approach, but the production/engineering is fucking HORRID. I blame a large portion of this on Stephen's cringe worthy guitar tone (or lack thereof). His tone as it fits this record is like the guitar equivalent of a dude wearing a Starter Jacket and 90's Reebok Pumps to a formal dance where everyone else is dressed in classy fucking tuxedoes.

Stephen has this big nasty late 90's "nu metal" tone with completely scooped mids and wailing gain that washes out any HINT of clarity, and it is literally at WAR with Chino's more modern British/Orange Amps kinda distortion and the result is one of the worst clusterfucks of the sound spectrum my earholes have had the displeasure of being fist fucked with.

Having said that, the clash in styles from a purely ARTISTIC perspective lends itself this beautiful visceral chaos that isn't found in many other modern bands in rock music. It's everything that's beautiful about the abstract. It's the car crash on the side of the highway that you can not refuse to stare lackadaisically at as you pass by on your way towards the reality of your daily  life. That is Gore in a fat swollen slightly rotted nutshell.

HURRIANCE_6ASS

Guys, 500 pages. Seems like just the other day we were in the low 100s and this album was a fucking lifetime away!

gwenudo

Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 08, 2016, 04:02 AM

I still love the record in terms of the writing and artistic approach, but the production/engineering is fucking HORRID. I blame a large portion of this on Stephen's cringe worthy guitar tone (or lack thereof). His tone as it fits this record is like the guitar equivalent of a dude wearing a Starter Jacket and 90's Reebok Pumps to a formal dance where everyone else is dressed in classy fucking tuxedoes.

Stephen has this big nasty late 90's "nu metal" tone with completely scooped mids and wailing gain that washes out any HINT of clarity, and it is literally at WAR with Chino's more modern British/Orange Amps kinda distortion and the result is one of the worst clusterfucks of the sound spectrum my earholes have had the displeasure of being fist fucked with.

Having said that, the clash in styles from a purely ARTISTIC perspective lends itself this beautiful visceral chaos that isn't found in many other modern bands in rock music. It's everything that's beautiful about the abstract. It's the car crash on the side of the highway that you can not refuse to stare lackadaisically at as you pass by on your way towards the reality of your daily  life. That is Gore in a fat swollen slightly rotted nutshell.
LOL @ the last part. Good review though, i hope it grows on you more, but if not, atleast you tried!

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 03:59 AM
Ok guys no joke, this Complete collection shit is legit. Im hearing things ive never heard before in the past, im not going crazy, much louder frank, much louder backup vocals, yes.

What, the quality is better than the actual albums as they were released? Why? Because it's iTunes, or because they've just released it and made it sound better?

BallZDeeP

I downloaded this just now based on your post

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 04:07 AM

What, the quality is better than the actual albums as they were released? Why? Because it's iTunes, or because they've just released it and made it sound better?
Made the sound better, i wanted to try it out since i have apple music, so i clicked play on BQAD and wow, i could tell immediately it sounded cleaner, and i could hear chinos 2nd voice in the back singing along in the end where hes saying awaayyyy much clearer, i was surprised as hell. People told me it was higher quality, probably ALAC , i believe it now

Id check the quality but im on my phone and my laptop is in the office

SMLiberator

Ok guys no joke, this Complete collection shit is legit.

A shame they didn't include Lovers  :-\
They did include Back to School tho, not sure if this is good or not.

Im hearing things ive never heard before in the past, im not going crazy, much louder frank, much louder backup vocals, yes.

Now we only gotta wait until they release a even Completer collection with a remastered Gore so we can hear Frank there too  ;)
i'm confused??

2MoreHours

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 08, 2016, 04:04 AM
Quote from: Divided_Spirit on Apr 08, 2016, 04:02 AM

LOL @ the last part. Good review though, i hope it grows on you more, but if not, atleast you tried!

I agree about Steph's tone.  It sucks.  Not sure if it is his decision or that bands but he doesn't sound great.  The songs are good but the production/Steph's tone leave a lot to be desired.  I have a $2g system in my ride and I'm scratching my head like I need to make a personal setting just for this album.  I mean, I have Rubicon cranked like I would a bass heavy rap song and it sounds shitty as hell.  Making me wonder if I actually put the HQ rip on my phone or if it was the vinyl rip.

gwenudo

Now the weird ass part is, idk why the hell they decided to add white pony on itunes again with a blue cover, theres literally no difference at all, the least they couldve done is add boys republic, but theres literally no difference besides album cover

Update: found another difference, blue cover says "Knife Prty"

E-Money

Quote from: 77years on Apr 08, 2016, 03:39 AM
Frank has some bitchin taste in music. Four Tet = the breeze

Love me some four tet 😇👌🏻🔥

Inkblades

Wow, I'm listening to the snippets of that HD collection on ITunes and a lot of Frank's parts sound much more audible.

500! Woohoo!

gwenudo

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 08, 2016, 04:19 AM
Wow, I'm listening to the snippets of that HD collection on ITunes and a lot of Frank's parts sound much more audible.
EXACTLYYYYY. S/T is fucking phenominal. Dear god