Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

the thing about deftones albums is that they age like fine wine, and they're meant to be ingested as so. if you make an album that's quick and cheap like beer, it's good for a day or two and you're over it. so all you binge-listening to the record, so you can force yourself to have an immediate opinion about it: just take it easy. 2 songs per hour max. ;)

in about 3-4 years when their next record is released, this album will sound even better to people than it does today. seriously, go back and listen to kny right now; it's nothing but tits.

Vesanic

Surprisingly enough I haven't played the album so much. And I'm definitely waiting before voicing an opinion.

Guess I'm hell bent on KNY though.

krook

Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 08, 2016, 09:17 PM
100th post is a special one...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

In my native language "gore" means "grief/sorrow" so I can't wear a t-shirt like that
reminds me of the times when I got an Adrenaline t-shirt and had to throw it away a week later because of comments like "why's there an enema on your t-shirt?" I know it's a bulb syringe but try and explain it to those people
I hate White Pony.

GR1X7S

Quote from: krook on Apr 08, 2016, 09:29 PM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Apr 08, 2016, 09:17 PM
100th post is a special one...

In my native language "gore" means "grief/sorrow" so I can't wear a t-shirt like that
reminds me of the times when I got an Adrenaline t-shirt and had to throw it away a week later because of comments like "why's there an enema on your t-shirt?" I know it's a bulb syringe but try and explain it to those people
I could see how that might get strange looks from people lol.

GR1X7S

I've always been under the understanding that us hardcore Deftones fans have always been out of the norm anyways.

defTHE1s

Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 04:26 AM
Sry guys, but in my opinion, none of the songs leakd so far can beat Smile.
Speaking of it, I was listening to it the other day and came by the conclusion that there's no way in hell that those were the original lyrics, and they were born after Chi's accident or passing. By what we've heard from Eros, the lyrics for Smile are way too optimistic in comparison to the music. Plus, you couldn't relate that the songs had stripper names, its kinda not coherent. But it's what I was just thinking, I could be wrong. There's so much from Eros that is hidden there for us.

Now speaking from Gore, the first time I want to hear it is by the album (CD) and I still can't get this mothafocka!!
Kinda don't wanna ruin it by hearing first some low quality leaks.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

TheyCallMeP

Geometric Headdress might be one of my top three from this album. Waited for Deftones like this

GR1X7S

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 08, 2016, 09:38 PM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 03, 2016, 04:26 AM
Sry guys, but in my opinion, none of the songs leakd so far can beat Smile.
Speaking of it, I was listening to it the other day and came by the conclusion that there's no way in hell that those were the original lyrics, and they were born after Chi's accident or passing. By what we've heard from Eros, the lyrics for Smile are way too optimistic in comparison to the music. Plus, you couldn't relate that the songs had stripper names, its kinda not coherent. But it's what I was just thinking, I could be wrong. There's so much from Eros that is hidden there for us.

Now speaking from Gore, the first time I want to hear it is by the album (CD) and I still can't get this mothafocka!!
Kinda don't wanna ruin it by hearing first some low quality leaks.
This is true. Smile is in a league all it's own. Very interesting theory about the lyrics change too. From what we know about the aggressiveness and dark tone of Eros those lyrics to Smile don't really represent that feeling at all. That song could've been slapped on DE and fit perfectly with all the Chi inspired lyrics and positive vibes. Who knows though really.

77years

Sold out at all 6 stores I went to. The shelves were empty and only the price tag remained. Hard to believe

blondie

what deftones don't want you to know is that there's a bunch of mastered songs stowed away in a vault, eagerly awaiting release years from now. it will be the sequel to b-sides/rarities and include mastered versions of melanie, lovers, hombre, U.R.A.Q.T (from kny era), finger of death, XR2 (from white pony era), lights (from gore era) and more!

gwenudo

Quote from: blondie on Apr 08, 2016, 09:50 PM
what deftones don't want you to know is that there's a bunch of mastered songs stowed away in a vault, eagerly awaiting release years from now. it will be the sequel to b-sides/rarities and include mastered versions of melanie, lovers, hombre, U.R.A.Q.T (from kny era), finger of death, XR2 (from white pony era), lights (from gore era) and more!
This
Was it like it seemed?...

NicholasHume

RaptureWS

Rexall went to listen about an hour ago. Should be expecting him soon!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

GR1X7S

Curious what number did you guys get on the 180 gram. I got 1065

pinata89

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GR1X7S

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 08, 2016, 10:10 PM

Nice

defTHE1s

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Apr 03, 2016, 05:36 AM
Fuck Josh homme bands

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NO.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Hinojos

All in the thousands so far haha

pinata89

Yeah did anyone on here get like anything below 100? I guess I wouldn't be surprised. Us irate fans would be the one's ordering these

77years

Make that 7