Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinata89

Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 08, 2016, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Hinojos on Apr 08, 2016, 10:47 PM
He loves whales too (Needles and Pins, Antarctic Handshake)

And 1994 by Crosses too.
jokes aside, the expression "inside of the whale" has a pretty interesting meaning

...But what about phases, in time and in sync?
Shapes...okay, this def deserves it's own thread lol

sooniletugo

I was gonna make a topic like that yesterday (or Deftones drinking game, then i found out there already was one in 2012!) so i just started one now.

WithoutMyJade

Finally picked up my copy this morning and I have to say... There was no question in my mind that this would be the case, but I absolutely adore this album. Even the songs that were initially quoted as the "weird ones"/hard ones to get into were sufficiently prepped so I knew, in a sense, what to expect. As of right now, the dynamic of Gore and Phantom bride back to back provide my favorite to moments on the album, but I know for a fact that as I listen opinions will likely change or my preferences will shift, be they temporary or permanent.

Speaking of Phantom Bride, I believe my favorite moment from my first listen to the album came during that song. I remember hearing from reviews, and from you guys, that when Stef jumped back in after the Cantrell solo that the guitars were huge. I assumed they were they guitars that immediately followed the first half of the solo, which admittedly were also huge. But the ones that close out the song are just mammoth!

Another thing that I was trusting you guys on was that Doomed User makes sense when applied within the context of the entire album. Hearing Acid Hologram transition into it was absolutely perfect.
Oz... if you come within 25 miles of my house, I will back a car over your head 75 times.

CarloDefDonno

I see flamingos everywhere. I couldn't stop listening.

Also, (L)MIRL is otherworldly.

kleptoned

Soooo anyone order autographed cd from looney tunes??? Asked earlier but Blondie distracted the entire thread

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Apr 08, 2016, 11:24 PM
I see flamingos everywhere. I couldn't stop listening.

Also, (L)MIRL is otherworldly.

After many listens today, (L)MIRL is probably my favourite. Love Stephen's lead guitar melody during the chorus and the overall structure of the song.

ANattyRat

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 08, 2016, 10:32 PM
Reading the official lyrics (if you want to call them that, because there are a lot of mistakes lol) to the official album, it appears that Chino's favorite word for the writing session was "WRITHE"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I only remember it once off the top of my head, what songs is it on?

pinata89

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:35 PM
Reading the official lyrics (if you want to call them that, because there are a lot of mistakes lol) to the official album, it appears that Chino's favorite word for the writing session was "WRITHE"

Rubicon, Gore, ...but i'm out at dinner. Will point out a few other instances when i get back home

ANattyRat

Also I've asked this like 50 times, but is anyone here going to the show on the 11th? We need that entire show recorded, guys. They're likely playing the whole album, but they might even play some rare songs if they're playing a 'special set'. Either way, someone's got to be awesome and record it all for us. Shame they're not livestreaming it.

Hinojos

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 08, 2016, 11:38 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:35 PM

Rubicon, Gore, ...but i'm out at dinner. Will point out a few other instances when i get back home
Also in Hearts/Wires:

Break through
Clip the wires
And writhe in your heart
Mine 'till the end

Deft_ones

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:41 PM
Also I've asked this like 50 times, but is anyone here going to the show on the 11th? We need that entire show recorded, guys. They're likely playing the whole album, but they might even play some rare songs if they're playing a 'special set'. Either way, someone's got to be awesome and record it all for us. Shame they're not livestreaming it.

I will be there, and as much as I want them to play the entire album I don't think it's gonna happen. Any time Amoeba has a band in their store they play like 4 or 5 songs and thats it. I can only hope I will be proven wrong and they play the entire thing.

gwenudo

Quote from: Deft_ones on Apr 08, 2016, 11:52 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 08, 2016, 11:41 PM

I will be there, and as much as I want them to play the entire album I don't think it's gonna happen. Any time Amoeba has a band in their store they play like 4 or 5 songs and thats it. I can only hope I will be proven wrong and they play the entire thing.
I dont think theyll play the entire album either, but i also dont think theyll play a special set. I feel what they meant by the word "special" is as in the setting will be special, its inside a record store.. Thats just my opinion, dont go with super high expectations lol
Was it like it seemed?...

deftoner664

This is a great record and has so many layers to it and it sounds so haunting at times.. Acid, Gore, LMIRL are my personal favorites.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

RoyalDeftonicBoy

My baby arrived today

77years

Jealous of those who got the shirt.

RaptureWS

Where the fuck is NYRexall?
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

gwenudo

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 09, 2016, 12:48 AM
He died from how good that shit is, he came tok much
Was it like it seemed?...

pinata89

sooniletugo

NYRexall right now:

RaptureWS

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 09, 2016, 12:49 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 09, 2016, 12:48 AM
He died from how good that shit is, he came tok much
Probably giving it a few good listens. IDC if you are in a hyperbaric chamber with a million dollar sound system focusing solely on the music.....you aren't going to catch everything on the first couple listens. Maybe that's where he is but he got locked in. Hope he made sure the water was warm.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.