Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

deftones members elimination poll 1

Started by Penicks, May 06, 2016, 06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

Listening to ATF. Chi's bass in the Lotion breakdown kicks my ass. The straight into Dai The Muhfuckin' Flu. Chi is obviously the man, but we can't have him anymore sadly. I don't mind that Sergio is different. Some think his playing isn't as noticeable on the songs as Chi's, some think it's more prominent. It's weird how differently people can hear the same music.

I can't vote in this poll. I don't want to lose another member or even think about it.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sooniletugo on May 07, 2016, 09:20 AM
Sergio rocks. I love the dude and his manner on stage. No point dissing him, Chi had the accident and Sergio saved the band, helped Deftones continue on. Seems like a really positive creative force, makes them get shit done. I love how visibly psyched and happy he is playing on every show. It's tragic what happened with Chi, but I feel there should be more appreciation for SERGIO. I love chi but always feel grateful to Serge. He's 'one of the gang' now.

This. We're not disrespecting Chi by appreciating Sergio, anyway, or even for preferring Sergio's bass-playing, stage presence, whatever else. They've both had their own styles, approaches to things, etc. There are plenty of songs where both Chi and Sergio sound like they're following the guitar, and songs where they really stand out and shine.

Cullision