Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How did you first get into Deftones?

Started by Dryalex12, Jun 09, 2016, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

1995, a mixtape a friend played for me that had 7 Words on it. Been hooked ever since. My favorite band since White Pony.

only pieces remain

late 98/early 99 sometime in there. seen the my own summer video (on 120 minutes or whatever the late hours show was on mtv that played videos back in the day) and thought it was badass with the sharks. music was killer too

Lurid Vega

I heard Bored. That's it ever since. Adrenaline took a bit to get into but then I heard Around the Fur in its full. Favorite band since. Oh... ATF.....

stepanas

There was some Tv show, where Amy Lee from Evanescence was showing her favorite video clips. One of them was Hole in Earth.

This happened almost 10 years ago..
no fist to fuckin' save you from

krook

I was a fan of Static-X in 2010 when I found a track titled Static-X — Change. They just confused the band name. It obviously wasn't a Static-X song but I fell in love with it immediately. Then I found the real band name and started exploring their discography
I hate White Pony.

Hidalgo

around oct-nov 1995, i saw 7 words on "the box", a music video channel, and thought it was badass, so i ordered the cd sometime late that same year. so i been lucky enough to have been with them since adrenaline debuted

E-Money

Grew up in SoCal listening to KROQ and they used to have this show on Friday night called the furious 5 at 9pm.. Basically they picked 5 songs that were brand new for the time.. I caught the show about a week before white pony came out and they played change. Absolutely blew me away. I was in 6th grade at the time and bought the record the next week the day it came out. White Pony was really the record that made me fall in love with music. It's still my favorite record to this day. That record was so far ahead of its time.

fortysixand2

It was sometime in 2000. I was a big fan of Tool so when I heard MJK was going be on White Pony, I was curious to see what they sounded like. My dad was going on a business trip and I saw the album in a record store at the airport so I picked it up and have been a big fan ever since.

cvthedrv

deftoneseba

A friend of mine lend me ATF and WP back in 2000. I was into Limp Bizkit and Korn back then, so listening to WP was not a good first experience as I couldn't understand it at my 12 years old... but ATF did the trick instantly!
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

HooiserBowhunter

When I first started using pandora I had a station that played Deftones on it. I slowly started to realize I was hitting the thumbs up button on all of their songs.  So I made a Deftones station and fell in love with their sound. It seemed so calmly violent I loved it. So I bought ATF. I then had a brief period where I listened to them, but wasn't obsessed. Then Diamond Eyes came out, and I loved it. Then Koi set me over the top now I own all of their cds.